I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2017, 05:39:54 AM
https://www.crossway.org/articles/what-did-jesus-teach-about-hell/

I will stick with Jesus' teaching,which is also Catholic (and Protestant) teaching on hell.It could not be clearer.Now delude yourselves and invent your own happy clappy God if you so desire.

Your rejection of the middle man means you must have switched teams, Tony. This is very Protestantesque what you're espousing here. I never thought I'd see the day when Tony would reject catholic teaching.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2017, 11:08:14 AM
This is not religious fundamentalism or a crusade against gays.

It's precisely what it is and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

T Fearon

Yawn.I have already presented official catholic doctrine on the subject and said I acccept it entirely

longballin

and straight from the DUP fundamentalist hymn book... Iris, Ian og, Tony...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2017, 06:46:06 PM
Yawn.I have already presented official catholic doctrine on the subject and said I acccept it entirely

You accept catholic doctrine on gays but you reject it on universal salvation. How convenient. What about contraception? Do you go bareback or do you throw on a joe bag regardless of what Father Whatever rants and raves about it at the weekend?

T Fearon

Sorry,belief in heaven and hell is not fundamentalist,it is shared by the main Protestant denominations (Anglican,Methodist and Presbyterian) and as I've shown,by the Catholic Church.Jesus,as has been shown earlier in this thread,confirmed on many occasions the existence of hell.I was taught almost from the day I started primary school, that mortal sin unrepented,would lead to hell.

But if you all don't believe this why are you so agitated?

longballin

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 28, 2017, 07:37:55 PM

You accept catholic doctrine on gays but you reject it on universal salvation. How convenient. What about contraception? Do you go bareback or do you throw on a joe bag regardless of what Father Whatever rants and raves about it at the weekend?

:D  ah now Tony wouldn't be a hypocrite

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2017, 05:38:21 PM
Well in my lifetime alone,we have seen prosecution of consenting adults for engaging in homosexual activity evolve into full legitimate gay marriage with full rights including adoption of children etc,full employment rights.Gay Pride parades attract thousands of participants (so much for fear of coming out) and are now triumphalist to the extent that they match any Orange parade.Last year even the Taoiseach confidently put on a public show of support at the Belfast Gay Pride Parade.Homosexuals are no longer lampooned on tv as figures of fun in sitcoms or the butt of stand up comedians' jokes,as was the case in the 70s.It does seem to me that any even tenuous incident of homophobia is responded to immediately by the Police.The LGBT community has numerous well known lobbyists,more than any other so called marginalised group.

Politicians,celebrities,sports people come out easily ( I remember the shock and horror when the world found out Rock Hudson was homosexual,only at his death from AIDS).

I seriously do not know what else they want?

would you listen to yourself.
Come out easily? How many of these politicians celebrities, sports stars have come out easy? How do you know? How many gay people do you know? I know a few and they haven't come out easily, in fact I know a couple of gay people of each sex who have been disowned by their family but aye, that's coming out easy

playwiththewind1st

It's bloody harder coming out as a totally deranged fundamentalist Catholic. Let's have a Catholic Pride Day.

T Fearon

Well the gay pride parade is thronged annually with the participants over hyping dare I say,their sexuality.Listen over the last few months even I've seen on facebook many gay ceremony celebrations,of people and families I know,at which both families are there dressed up to the nines as if it was a conventional wedding.One in particular amazed me as I knew the family background and deeply religious nature of this family.

At this stage I simply shake my head and am beyond being surprised by anything now.

playwiththewind1st

If you're not surprised at it, stop talking about it.

longballin

maybe they ain't bigots like you Tony and have unconditional love for their family members

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2017, 08:08:18 PM
Well the gay pride parade is thronged annually with the participants over hyping dare I say,their sexuality.Listen over the last few months even I've seen on facebook many gay ceremony celebrations,of people and families I know,at which both families are there dressed up to the nines as if it was a conventional wedding.One in particular amazed me as I knew the family background and deeply religious nature of this family.

At this stage I simply shake my head and am beyond being surprised by anything now.

How dare they overhype their sexuality

heganboy

Shocking to no no one of course, but you actually did nothing of the sort. You posted a statement which is either blasphemous or heresy depending on the motivation of the individual, and blatantly contradicted Catholic catechism, but carry on...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Eamonnca1

Do you use contraception, Tony? Or do you not need to because you wouldn't have enough in you to stick a stamp?