RTE crisis

Started by seafoid, June 27, 2023, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

They don't last - they just move to cxo role in another company and on it goes.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2023, 05:48:04 PM
They don't last - they just move to cxo role in another company and on it goes.

To an extent. But the particular malfeasance in RTE from executives going out of their way to overpay mediocrity wouldn't stand as in the private sector it's someones money

Milltown Row2

Never mind the extra money being given out, is there any chance us in the north of the county be able to enter the competitions on the Sunday game live?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CK_Redhand

I noticed an error in their so called quiz today. They said what team did Mayo beat in the All Ireland Quarter Final recently, Galway or Antrim?

It was a preliminary QF and not a QF.

Captain Scarlet

Normally the execs are Teflon-coated but in this case the names are everywhere so I don't see them strolling into a cushy number.

I have to laugh at politicians jumping up and down...send in their auditors...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

One of the articles today gave the best justification for Tubs' salary, that he would have no self respect if he didn't get half as much again as Ray Darcy since he was clearly twice the presenter.   
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Baile Brigín 2

Whispers are RTE to be split in two. The commercial bits like 2fm and RTE2 to be sold and the public service bit to remain

armaghniac

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 03, 2023, 10:25:50 AM
Whispers are RTE to be split in two. The commercial bits like 2fm and RTE2 to be sold and the public service bit to remain

We should be careful what we wish for, RTÉ2 shows most of the sport.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 03, 2023, 10:25:50 AM
The problems were transparency and governance. How would this fix them?

manfromdelmonte

Put the TG4 management in charge of RTE tv stations

They know how to run things on a budget with no overpaid 'stars'

restorepride

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 02, 2023, 06:17:15 PM
I noticed an error in their so called quiz today. They said what team did Mayo beat in the All Ireland Quarter Final recently, Galway or Antrim?

It was a preliminary QF and not a QF.
Is the answer Antrim then? Not that I could have entered anyhow being a mere Irishman living on the island of Ireland. Scrios orthu mar RTPE.

Louther

Lots more coming out in the wash today. Reality is that these barter or slouch accounts are absolutely rampant across state companies and Government department. The amount they spend on events, staff outings, hosting, entertainment, etc etc is huge.

A lot of people sweating at the minute and hoping this doesn't escalate. And it's from big state bodies to the local councils. Dressed up as conventions, junkets etc but it's everyone.

Private business do it but it's their funds to do as they please. The state bodies are never left behind. Every Friday is like Christmas Day in some of those offices.

seafoid

Barter accounts are par for the  course in the  business. Unless they find more Tubs dirt I don't see why all the excitement is necessary

93-DY-SAM

The sense of entitlement from these execs and the absolute smugness and disdain they have with respect to questions they are being asked is on another level.

Louther

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 05, 2023, 03:12:58 PM
The sense of entitlement from these execs and the absolute smugness and disdain they have with respect to questions they are being asked is on another level.

They are basically looking at it and defending it from a commercial viewpoint. That what they done and used the barter account was to drive further commercial revenue and maintain client relationships. Like happens all the time in the corporate world. On the face of it,  that would carry water but when they seem to be on the receiving end, plus the side contract for Tubs and it's public money and the financial situation in RTE with staff cuts and disparity in wage levels, it's a total shit show for them. Plus they don't seem to have a straight story between them.