Monaghan v Cavan, Castleblayney, Sunday, February 12, 2017.

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 07, 2017, 09:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

In the immortal words of The Stone Roses 'This is the one, I've waited for'. Monaghan obviously looking to continue where they left off and Cavan obviously looking to get points on the board before the break.. I'm not sure what the injury front is in Cavan, Monaghan shouldn't be too bad, probably a few sore bodies after the Mayo game as it was a physical affair.. Cavan didn't shrink against the Dubs in that regards so this will no doubt be an up close and personal affair..

Dire Ear

Itchy

I have a funny feeling it wont be 15 v 15 at the end. Monaghan were seriously aggressive against Mayo and look to have totally bullied them. Cavan were not aggressive enough against the dubs. I think Cavan need a number of changes to the team that lost to Dublin. Galligan has to start in goals for a start. I would go with the same full back line except I'd drop Rory Dunne who looked way off the pace. I'd have Corr midfield with Clarke for a bit of steel and we can only hope he doesnt thump anyone and get sent off as he is prone to do. Not much else we can do with the forwards as we dont really have any! Big question is who gets to mark McManus - Id put Faulkner on him personally.

Cavan desperately need to get something out of this game as they have got a very unlucky set of fixtures with only 3 home games (2 against Dublin and Kerry). If they are to stay up it will need to be done on the road. Doubt there will be much in this at the end and given that Cavan have been on the wrong side of the narrowest defeats against Monaghan in the last few years I am hoping we get that bit of a break we need to win it. Should be a good crowd and good craic anyway.

Jinxy

There'll be some amount of belly-tickling for this one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

When is the last time Monaghan, Cavan and Donegal were all in Div 1?
All three have improved a lot the last few years and seemed to have left the Armaghs, Derrys and Downs in their wake.

Schkite

The O'Classico in Division 1, you can't beat it!

Should be a tight affair, they usually are regardless of form coming into the game. Winning in Mayo will have given our lads a boost but I don't think the defeat to the Dubs will have the Cavan heads down too much. Probably a must win for both teams - Like I said last week, getting points in Mayo was a big boost but it's games like this that will determine what way our league will go.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

mrdeeds

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 07, 2017, 09:09:41 AM
In the immortal words of The Stone Roses 'This is the one, I've waited for'. Monaghan obviously looking to continue where they left off and Cavan obviously looking to get points on the board before the break.. I'm not sure what the injury front is in Cavan, Monaghan shouldn't be too bad, probably a few sore bodies after the Mayo game as it was a physical affair.. Cavan didn't shrink against the Dubs in that regards so this will no doubt be an up close and personal affair..
Mackey Buchannan and Niall Murray injured while there's questions marks over Galligan McEnroe and Gearoid

Dire Ear

13-12 , and thats just whats left on the pitch at the end

Main Street

Northern Sound just switch between the two commentary teams, for partiality purposes.

Why is it at Blaney and not Clones?

Itchy

Seems like a daft call not having it in clones given that this will probably draw the biggest crowd to a Monaghan home game in this years league.

Westside

Mattie would want to get his shit together for this one. It's not the time for throwing in lads with no intercounty experience. It's not a time for talking about how great the Cavan lads are, how great the Monaghan lads are, how great the tea ladies are and how great it is to be in Division 1.

Hard to know who is the best option to pick up McManus, Killian Clarke has seemingly forgot how to tackle, Gunner doesn't have the pace but could do a hatchet job I suppose, Faulkner might be the best option.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on February 07, 2017, 08:37:16 PM
Mattie would want to get his shit together for this one. It's not the time for throwing in lads with no intercounty experience. It's not a time for talking about how great the Cavan lads are, how great the Monaghan lads are, how great the tea ladies are and how great it is to be in Division 1.

Hard to know who is the best option to pick up McManus, Killian Clarke has seemingly forgot how to tackle, Gunner doesn't have the pace but could do a hatchet job I suppose, Faulkner might be the best option.

Probably Faulkner but I liked Fergal Reillys aggression against Dublin.