The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

I think this incident has shown if you want to play for Ros you can. To me it would appear McStay is not the blocker to the return of any player

Mayo4Sam

Jesus lads East Enders would struggle to keep up with the drama

Would it be fair to say a loss in Castlebar the next day would mean yer all but down?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

The Hyde looked well I have to say.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rudi

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 12, 2017, 08:32:53 PM
Jesus lads East Enders would struggle to keep up with the drama

Would it be fair to say a loss in Castlebar the next day would mean yer all but down?
[/quote

We are better than Cavan and I don't think much of Monaghan. We should have beaten Donegal well today even though long term I would accept they have a better side than us. We could possibly trip a complacent or under strength Kerry team up. So 6 points to play for.

Rossfan

If we have a panel at all by then.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Shocking management skills by McStay telling media that Niall Daly left because he wasn't guaranteed a starting place. I doubt that's the full truth and a poor attempt by manager to portray himself as innocent party and player as guilty party. A young experimental Donegal team scored 16 points against us, and should have been 1-22 - and the manager is at this crack with one of our best if not best backs. Monaghan and Cavan despite the snore fest yesterday are likely stronger than Donegal. Still a lot of positives yesterday but will never get anywhere with the amounts we are conceding.

oliverkelly

Quote from: weareros on February 13, 2017, 11:31:51 AM
Shocking management skills by McStay telling media that Niall Daly left because he wasn't guaranteed a starting place. I doubt that's the full truth and a poor attempt by manager to portray himself as innocent party and player as guilty party. A young experimental Donegal team scored 16 points against us, and should have been 1-22 - and the manager is at this crack with one of our best if not best backs. Monaghan and Cavan despite the snore fest yesterday are likely stronger than Donegal. Still a lot of positives yesterday but will never get anywhere with the amounts we are conceding.

Find out the full truths before going on a national forum slating the manager.

weareros

Quote from: oliverkelly on February 13, 2017, 01:28:15 PM

All public domain Oliver thanks to the manager speaking to the media.

The truth is McStay went to the media and painted a picture that Niall Daly went off in a huff because he wasn't starting, and further that he was now taking time off to decide whether he wanted to fight for his place. That's a shocking thing to say. It was very similar to what John O'Mahony did in the media with Ciaran McDonald, didn't want to attend trials to fight for his place. Niall Daly and his brothers have played for Roscommon all through under-age, and have always fought for their place. They don't need to be belittled like this in the media - especially by a manager whose championship record so far is getting hammered by Clare, and hanging on to beat New York by a point.

joemamas

Can you really try to blame Kevin McStay, when with the game level and you are 1+ minute into 3 mins of added time, you have two or three I forget players bearing down on the Donegal goal and you simply cannot punch or kick the ball over the bar, to take a one point lead.

If it happened in a junior club game you would fu*k the head off the player never mind a senior inter county game.

Rossfan

He's blaming McS for his comments in the Daly situation not the match events.
If only Stack even had tossed the ball over the bar......
Mind you our forward display was abysmal in the second half and was sort of covered up by Conor D's wonder goal.
How many attacks had we and we got 3 feckin scores?
Div 2 here we come.

moysider

Quote from: weareros on February 13, 2017, 01:39:22 PM

The truth is McStay went to the media and painted a picture that Niall Daly went off in a huff because he wasn't starting, and further that he was now taking time off to decide whether he wanted to fight for his place. That's a shocking thing to say. It was very similar to what John O'Mahony did in the media with Ciaran McDonald, didn't want to attend trials to fight for his place. Niall Daly and his brothers have played for Roscommon all through under-age, and have always fought for their place. They don't need to be belittled like this in the media - especially by a manager whose championship record so far is getting hammered by Clare, and hanging on to beat New York by a point.

I don t think O Mahoney and McDonald should be dragged in here. Asking McDonald to attend trials was either stupidity or a cynical ploy. Not sure which is worse. Niall Daly is not a Ciaran McDonald. Not a good analogy.Anyway Johnno managed to drive us back into the stone age, and while we recovered quickly after, those lost years cost us imo. The other thing that springs to mind is Mick McCarty dropping Denis Irwin and asking Irwin to prove himself/ 'prove me wrong' - depending whose version you believe.
But the bottom line is that McStay should have said nothing to the media. This nonsense of players fighting for their place is bullshit really and surprised managers go down that line. It should be about players able to perform and compete at a required level and able to do what they are asked to do if they are starting or coming on as a sub. It's bad if a lad sulks if he is not starting and even worse if a manager panders to the idea that starting a match is a rewardl in itself.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on February 14, 2017, 12:32:10 AM
Quote from: weareros on February 13, 2017, 01:39:22 PM

I don t think O Mahoney and McDonald should be dragged in here. Asking McDonald to attend trials was either stupidity or a cynical ploy. Not sure which is worse. Niall Daly is not a Ciaran McDonald. Not a good analogy.Anyway Johnno managed to drive us back into the stone age, and while we recovered quickly after, those lost years cost us imo. The other thing that springs to mind is Mick McCarty dropping Denis Irwin and asking Irwin to prove himself/ 'prove me wrong' - depending whose version you believe.
But the bottom line is that McStay should have said nothing to the media. This nonsense of players fighting for their place is bullshit really and surprised managers go down that line. It should be about players able to perform and compete at a required level and able to do what they are asked to do if they are starting or coming on as a sub. It's bad if a lad sulks if he is not starting and even worse if a manager panders to the idea that starting a match is a rewardl in itself.

Exactly. Daly can be bothered to track back.

maigheo

Jasus Syf ,do you wake up every day with the sole purpose of posting some thing more stupid than the previous day?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: maigheo on February 14, 2017, 01:52:52 AM
Jasus Syf ,do you wake up every day with the sole purpose of posting some thing more stupid than the previous day?
He has a fair oul success rate  ;D