Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Gael80 on April 05, 2022, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 05, 2022, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on April 05, 2022, 12:11:56 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 05, 2022, 11:53:55 AM
The media has nothing to do with this folks. You're clutching at straws and confusing the GAA with soccer.

It's all about the referee's report. And once a hearing was requested then it was open season.

How come the same scrutiny wasn't applied to the Kerry v Dublin game?? But sure northern bias isn't a thing........

Watched the Kerry v Dublin melee there, as regards category 4 infractions there was a world of difference between what happened there and the other 2 melees. Pushing and jersey pulling. No headlock or punches as far as I could see.

Yes but the charge againt the Tyrone and Armagh players now was 'contributing to a melee'. The strikes is a different charge, it's bizarre nobody in the Kerry/Dublin melee was charged with 'contributing to a melee'. There is finally some comments about consistency in some aspects of the media, those with a narrative of some bias has some evidence in my opinion when you study the charges or lack of in the three melees. I never wanted to believe it but there is a problem that needs looking at.

'contributing to a melee', is this from the refs report or what the media are typing? All the suspensions so far have been as a result of cat 4 infractions. Plenty in 2 of the melee's, none in the Kerry / Dublin melee.

Gael80

Quote from: JoG2 on April 05, 2022, 06:54:19 PM
The media has nothing to do with this folks. You're clutching at straws and confusing the GAA with soccer.

It's all about the referee's report. And once a hearing was requested then it was open season.

How come the same scrutiny wasn't applied to the Kerry v Dublin game?? But sure northern bias isn't a thing........

Watched the Kerry v Dublin melee there, as regards category 4 infractions there was a world of difference between what happened there and the other 2 melees. Pushing and jersey pulling. No headlock or punches as far as I could see.

Yes but the charge againt the Tyrone and Armagh players now was 'contributing to a melee'. The strikes is a different charge, it's bizarre nobody in the Kerry/Dublin melee was charged with 'contributing to a melee'. There is finally some comments about consistency in some aspects of the media, those with a narrative of some bias has some evidence in my opinion when you study the charges or lack of in the three melees. I never wanted to believe it but there is a problem that needs looking at.

'contributing to a melee', is this from the refs report or what the media are typing? All the suspensions so far have been as a result of cat 4 infractions. Plenty in 2 of the melee's, none in the Kerry / Dublin melee.

I might be incorrect, but my reading of the Tyrone, Donegal and Armagh initial bans were Cat 2 offences 'contributing to a melee'. The strike charge would be different, if true that means the charges given on just contributing to a melee is no different to most of those involved in Dublin/Kerry game.

David McKeown

I understood that the referees report cited the original five players with contributing to a melee. Similarly it was widely reported that McCabe was cited for a category iv infraction but was cleared of that on appeal but he was not cleared on the category ii infraction.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

KickPass

In fairness Rian O'neill deserves a month's ban every time he tries that John Cena goal celebration. Wtf??

Ronnie

If video evidence is being used to cite Rian O'Neill then I hope they use it for further citations including McGee's provocation during play.   This was clearly premeditated.   Furthermore the invasion of Donegal's substitutes & backroom team who can't be easily identified due to bibs covering numbers has convinced me it was premeditated & orchestrated.  Result.  Objective attained.

Armagh18

Quote from: KickPass on April 05, 2022, 08:30:49 PM
In fairness Rian O'neill deserves a month's ban every time he tries that John Cena goal celebration. Wtf??
Don't think thats been done in a few years now! He's one of only a handful of lads in the country good enough to get away with it though

thewobbler

Quote from: Ronnie on April 05, 2022, 09:14:53 PM
If video evidence is being used to cite Rian O'Neill then I hope they use it for further citations including McGee's provocation during play.   This was clearly premeditated.   Furthermore the invasion of Donegal's substitutes & backroom team who can't be easily identified due to bibs covering numbers has convinced me it was premeditated & orchestrated.  Result.  Objective attained.

I agree. Last time I was there a few weeks ago someone called me a Nordie bastard too. Let's just fill Donegal with Semtex and blow it all into the sea. It's only fair.

Hound

Ah JoG, you need to quit with the realism and let these wallow in their self pity and misguided nonsense!!

The 'contributing to a melee' rabbit hole that a few of them have gone down is hilarious. The only people banned from the Tyrone game and Donegal game were banned for violent conduct - either throwing digs or engaging in headlocks. The fact it was part of a melee might change some of the technicalities, but the only ones who get banned and the ones who were violent.

"Oh but why weren't Kerry or Dublin lads banned for 'contributing to a melee'?" they've been squealing.
Well it's because they didn't throw punches or engage in headlocks !! It's not rocket science lads.

But it's great entertainment seeing them continue to whinge that it's the same thing and their lads are only banned because of anti-northern bias or media witch-hunt  🤣🤣🤣🤣

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on April 05, 2022, 10:22:18 PM

Ah JoG, you need to quit with the realism and let these wallow in their self pity and misguided nonsense!!

The 'contributing to a melee' rabbit hole that a few of them have gone down is hilarious. The only people banned from the Tyrone game and Donegal game were banned for violent conduct - either throwing digs or engaging in headlocks. The fact it was part of a melee might change some of the technicalities, but the only ones who get banned and the ones who were violent.

"Oh but why weren't Kerry or Dublin lads banned for 'contributing to a melee'?" they've been squealing.
Well it's because they didn't throw punches or engage in headlocks !! It's not rocket science lads.

But it's great entertainment seeing them continue to whinge that it's the same thing and their lads are only banned because of anti-northern bias or media witch-hunt  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Does the contributing to a melee mention headlocks or Strikes?  Or have you decided to  do an interpretation that suits your view?
Dub no 10 also grabs someone around the neck, so I think your on thin ice with that anyway.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JP

Armagh might be better off saying to hell  with this game and playing a mckenna cup side!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thewobbler on April 05, 2022, 09:28:32 PM

I agree. Last time I was there a few weeks ago someone called me a Nordie bastard too. Let's just fill Donegal with Semtex and blow it all into the sea. It's only fair.

Ah FFS, someone from the most northern county in Ireland was jibing you about being a Nordie? Less of the explosives, and more of the explosive retort to nonsense like that!  :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 05, 2022, 10:57:10 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 05, 2022, 09:28:32 PM

Ah FFS, someone from the most northern county in Ireland was jibing you about being a Nordie? Less of the explosives, and more of the explosive retort to nonsense like that!  :P ;)
Do you think the Wobbler was being serious?  Flann would not approve.

Average Score

Quote from: JP on April 05, 2022, 10:50:54 PM
Armagh might be better off saying to hell  with this game and playing a mckenna cup side!

Yip treat the game for what it is - a sham and give a few lads a run out.

tonto1888

Quote from: Average Score on April 06, 2022, 09:02:11 AM

And what would that achieve?

Go there. Pick the best team available. Give it our best and see what happens.

J70

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 06, 2022, 01:00:09 PM
Quote from: Average Score on April 06, 2022, 09:02:11 AM

And what would that achieve?

Go there. Pick the best team available. Give it our best and see what happens.

Its better than holding your breath until you turn blue I guess! ;D