Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Armagh are shafted? Oh the irony, you didn't do much complaining when Tyrone got 4 men banned. I genuinely be looking at how stupid Armagh were to get involved after Tyrone. The manager sorta got for, all in, then its hard to pick players out. Guess what, we're now picking players out from Ref Reports and what TV footage is available so tough shit. If you gonna get involved take your medicine. Some guys may get off, not been picked up by either criteria above, but I think long term it go to cut this crap out. On another matter deliberate striking should be a, 2 match ban at least. The 2 of you's need worry anyway I couldn't see either Team beat Tyrone for the Ulster championship.

The Trap

I have said previously that I don't think either incident deserved such severe punishments but there wasn't much sympathy for Tyrone when they were the county under scrutiny.
Now what if something like this happens in an all ireland semi final? Will they punish all the players for the final?

Average Score

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 05, 2022, 01:34:47 PM
Armagh are shafted? Oh the irony, you didn't do much complaining when Tyrone got 4 men banned. I genuinely be looking at how stupid Armagh were to get involved after Tyrone. The manager sorta got for, all in, then its hard to pick players out. Guess what, we're now picking players out from Ref Reports and what TV footage is available so tough shit. If you gonna get involved take your medicine. Some guys may get off, not been picked up by either criteria above, but I think long term it go to cut this crap out. On another matter deliberate striking should be a, 2 match ban at least. The 2 of you's need worry anyway I couldn't see either Team beat Tyrone for the Ulster championship.

What a bitter post you have some chip on your shoulder kid.

tyrone08

Quote from: Average Score on April 05, 2022, 01:49:43 PM

He makes a valid point though. We're the Armagh players and managment not smart enough not to get I involved in any brawls after the last time.

After the tyrone bans I said that any more brawls tyrone got involved in regardless of blame would go against them. Same for Armagh. How they failed to learn from this is beyond me.

general_lee

Have to agree here. Armagh management really should have been foreseen this sort of shite coming along at some stage.

marty34

Be good to see the GAA clamping down on these melees on a consistent basis - through the championship also.

Nip things in the bud straight away and continue in that vein.

David McKeown

I complained vehemently at the time and feel I have been consistent throughout unlike the way the authorities have sought to deal with these incidents.

On the Grugan Murphy incident I know what he saw. Grugan kicked Murphy during the game, Grugan should have been sent off I felt but was only booked. Murphy then appeared to attempt to strike out at Forker who it appeared Murphy had wrongly thought was the player that had kicked him. Murphy then got up and pushed Forker twice. After the game Murphy jogged approximately twenty yards and struck Grugan round the back of the head and was soon joined by two other Donegal players and the linesman. I fully accept nothing can be done based on my account. What annoys me is that video evidence can now be used to punish Armagh. However there appears to be no camera covering what I described. If video evidence is to be used to charge players then there should be a minimum number of fixed cameras covering the whole pitch for the whole match otherwise unfairness will arise.

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Quote from: David McKeown on April 05, 2022, 03:17:01 PM

I complained vehemently at the time and feel I have been consistent throughout unlike the way the authorities have sought to deal with these incidents.

On the Grugan Murphy incident I know what he saw. Grugan kicked Murphy during the game, Grugan should have been sent off I felt but was only booked. Murphy then appeared to attempt to strike out at Forker who it appeared Murphy had wrongly thought was the player that had kicked him. Murphy then got up and pushed Forker twice. After the game Murphy jogged approximately twenty yards and struck Grugan round the back of the head and was soon joined by two other Donegal players and the linesman. I fully accept nothing can be done based on my account. What annoys me is that video evidence can now be used to punish Armagh. However there appears to be no camera covering what I described. If video evidence is to be used to charge players then there should be a minimum number of fixed cameras covering the whole pitch for the whole match otherwise unfairness will arise.

That's a fair comment, although where do you draw the line?

There is always going to be stuff that goes undetected or is unclear.

Or what if the footage is incomplete, say the cameraman catches one player landing a slap, but misses the slap just before that provoked him?

But yeah, the video footage from this game was very poor and incomplete.

nrico2006

Are Armagh and Donegal forced to share their own footage?  Between them everything would be captured.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mackers

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 05, 2022, 04:04:09 PM
Are Armagh and Donegal forced to share their own footage?  Between them everything would be captured.
I know in Armagh club football the clubs must go through the Armagh secretary and seek permission to record games. This permission is granted on the understanding that it must be produced if the county board requests it.  I'd imagine that would apply to inter-county football also.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Gael80

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 05, 2022, 02:00:52 PM
Quote from: Average Score on April 05, 2022, 01:49:43 PM

He makes a valid point though. We're the Armagh players and managment not smart enough not to get I involved in any brawls after the last time.

After the tyrone bans I said that any more brawls tyrone got involved in regardless of blame would go against them. Same for Armagh. How they failed to learn from this is beyond me.

I'd agree, they shouldn't have got involved, but where they set up? I'm not sure of the answer, but when the media are known to go for certain counties this leaves them very vulnerable from opposition teams. I think there is an issue in the media regards Armagh and Tyrone, going back twenty years and I think this finally sticks in places.

I fear we're seeing another example of it this season, it's hard to know what stance they can take to highlight the unfairness of it. Someone mentioned sending a second string to Ballybofey, maybe then announce the plan to do so in advance, so their fans, media know that is the plan before they buy tickets.

We have to be fair here, the media coverage of three melee's this season makes it obvious how media reports certain counties, the GAA need to react to incidents but they need to ensure everyone feels fairly treated at the same time, they're currently failing.

JoG2

Quote from: 5times5times on April 05, 2022, 12:11:56 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 05, 2022, 11:53:55 AM
The media has nothing to do with this folks. You're clutching at straws and confusing the GAA with soccer.

It's all about the referee's report. And once a hearing was requested then it was open season.

How come the same scrutiny wasn't applied to the Kerry v Dublin game?? But sure northern bias isn't a thing........

Watched the Kerry v Dublin melee there, as regards category 4 infractions there was a world of difference between what happened there and the other 2 melees. Pushing and jersey pulling. No headlock or punches as far as I could see.

Gael80

Quote from: JoG2 on April 05, 2022, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on April 05, 2022, 12:11:56 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 05, 2022, 11:53:55 AM
The media has nothing to do with this folks. You're clutching at straws and confusing the GAA with soccer.

It's all about the referee's report. And once a hearing was requested then it was open season.

How come the same scrutiny wasn't applied to the Kerry v Dublin game?? But sure northern bias isn't a thing........

Watched the Kerry v Dublin melee there, as regards category 4 infractions there was a world of difference between what happened there and the other 2 melees. Pushing and jersey pulling. No headlock or punches as far as I could see.

Yes but the charge againt the Tyrone and Armagh players now was 'contributing to a melee'. The strikes is a different charge, it's bizarre nobody in the Kerry/Dublin melee was charged with 'contributing to a melee'. There is finally some comments about consistency in some aspects of the media, those with a narrative of some bias has some evidence in my opinion when you study the charges or lack of in the three melees. I never wanted to believe it but there is a problem that needs looking at.

Wildweasel74

Average score, your Johnny come lately to this forum. Nothing bitter, stating what actions been took will be better for the game long term.

David McKeown

Quote from: J70 on April 05, 2022, 03:28:34 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 05, 2022, 03:17:01 PM

That's a fair comment, although where do you draw the line?

There is always going to be stuff that goes undetected or is unclear.

Or what if the footage is incomplete, say the cameraman catches one player landing a slap, but misses the slap just before that provoked him?

But yeah, the video footage from this game was very poor and incomplete.

Why even leave it to the whim of a camera man. I coach a football team in the amateur league based in Belfast. I also do the match stats. I started the season recording all matches on two cheap knock off go pros on tripods diagonally opposite each other. In December I bought a VEO Camera for the club. The VEO is fixed at the half way line and records the whole pitch. I get the raw footage the next day and can pan and tilt and zoom to my hearts content in full 4k. I can't see how all Inter County grounds can't have at least a couple of fixed cameras like that set up for use if necessary in disciplinary procedures.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner