6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

From above too many 'nationalists' seem to be listening to Nolan.

Shouldn't be giving him any attention.

seafoid

Quote from: Estimator on May 11, 2022, 10:50:34 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on May 11, 2022, 09:40:22 AM
women on nolan wants the border put back up

Listened back to hear some of what was said..

Mary from Newtownabbey:

"They have put me in a position where I am not classed as living in NI, I'm in part of the EU.
I didn't ask to me put in to the EU, I said I would remain in it.
I voted, that if it came to the vote that we had to leave, that we left with Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland."

"I would say put the border back down where it was, because I was born in NI, I want to stay in NI."

"And I don't think we should condone what SF and themmuns did, because they bombed us."

Nolan intervenes to say SF didn't bomb anyone. Though she was allowed to continue on the same theme about members of SF being in the IRA.
Donaldson, Bryson and Allister did a tour of NI before the election. They weren't talking about the Balmoral Show.
Everything seems to be sequenced with the tories. Truss is in the Telegraph suggesting unilateral changes to the Protocol.

This is a good article
https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2022/0506/1296543-northern-ireland-protocol-analysis/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mourne Red

Quote from: Snapchap on May 11, 2022, 10:48:33 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on May 11, 2022, 10:21:09 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 11, 2022, 10:16:46 AM

What time was she on??  ;D

16:90

Would yis not consider doing the morally and socially responsible thing and boycott that toxic excuse for a journalist?

I was making a joke the Snap lol.. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the fat gobshite, Jeremy Kyle of sectarianism is all he is

Eire90

i usually dont listen to him but have the last few mornings will probably stop once it calms down

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eire90 on May 11, 2022, 12:35:12 PM
i usually dont listen to him but have the last few mornings will probably stop once it calms down

dont feel lke you have to explain yourself lad, free world,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 11, 2022, 01:07:36 PM

Not that free, costing me a fortune now, though that's down to the protocol  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne Red

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 11, 2022, 01:07:36 PM

That's not what you originally said now Fear 😉 lol

Snapchap

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 11, 2022, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 11, 2022, 10:48:33 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on May 11, 2022, 10:21:09 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 11, 2022, 10:16:46 AM

What time was she on??  ;D

16:90

Would yis not consider doing the morally and socially responsible thing and boycott that toxic excuse for a journalist?

I was making a joke the Snap lol.. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the fat gobshite, Jeremy Kyle of sectarianism is all he is

Missed that  ;D

Main Street

Eamon McCann was saying that nordies take some amount of perverse pleasure in punching above their weight when it comes to garnering and demanding attention from world politicians and media.
But then he qualified it by saying, 'northern ireland is the stone in everyone elses shoes'.

seafoid

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of
https://www.ft.com/content/07641bed-dcce-4880-8fec-aac63429a241

UK foreign secretary Liz Truss, who has failed to secure a deal in months of talks with the EU, said in a statement late on Tuesday the current trading arrangements "fail to properly address the real issues facing Northern Ireland and in some cases would take us backwards".

Northern Ireland's main unionist party welcomed the British government's threat to rip up parts of the post-Brexit trading arrangements for the region, even if unilateral action by London triggered a trade war with Brussels

Donaldson on Wednesday threatened to go further and block even the return of the Stormont assembly by refusing to participate in the election of a speaker — Jon Tonge, politics professor at the University of Liverpool, said such a move would be "extraordinary".
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

These pricks are going to renege on everything and there's going to be a hard border isn't there :o

Milltown Row2

Did the Belgian PM say that they should just scrap the original brexit deal and go with a no deal if the brits want to tear up the protocol?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2022, 05:28:05 PM
These pricks are going to renege on everything and there's going to be a hard border isn't there :o
not a chance.

weareros

If they refuse to do checks and refuse to adhere to EU standards on agri-food, it puts Irish gov in a sticky place because if Irish supply chain in turn gets compromised, a sizable export sector is put in jeopardy. Brits don't give a shit. EU can play hardball too but won't want to with a war going on where they need UK support. I suspect the UK think Europe's problems are their opportunity to act the bollocks. They control so much influence in world media that they can also portray EU as bad guys. If EU then try to protect the SM because  it's not getting protected at ports, London  will pounce to portray Irish gov and EU as the ones creating hard borders. They are a horrid lot.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: weareros on May 11, 2022, 06:10:08 PMBrits don't give a shit.

Brits will quickly start to give a shit when the queue for Dover starts at the M25.
i usse an speelchekor