Did the South fail Northern catholics ?

Started by seafoid, January 17, 2022, 07:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Main Street

It's safe to say that the south adopted a fatalistic attitude to the plight of northern nationalists after partition.
Whatever your affiliation in the matter, Serbia are not leaving their tiny ethnic minority to fend for themselves in Kosovo.

It is a curious piece of modern Irish history that it was Haughey who called it from1986 on, took action, who saw the absolute necessity of getting Sinn Fein involved and encouraged the British government to cop on and assert themselves with the unionists instead of being led by the dog

Orior

It felt like the only people interested in the welfare of us northern nationalists was the GAA.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hereiam

Does anyone up here feel that the south really wants us. Can anyone here name one thing in the last twenty years that was done by the south that made you think they care about us.

RedHand88

Quote from: Hereiam on January 17, 2022, 09:51:30 PM
Does anyone up here feel that the south really wants us. Can anyone here name one thing in the last twenty years that was done by the south that made you think they care about us.

They're contributing £75m to the A5 project.

Orior

The GFA vote.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tiempo

Well that went well  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on January 17, 2022, 09:45:09 PM
It felt like the only people interested in the welfare of us northern nationalists was the GAA.

Tell that to the 1946 Antrim team.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on January 18, 2022, 12:13:53 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 17, 2022, 09:45:09 PM

Tell that to the 1946 Antrim team.

What happened?

charlieTully

The aqueduct

Hereiam

Quote from: Orior on January 17, 2022, 10:23:42 PM

The GFA vote.

GFA - 1998 - over twenty years ago

A5 Road - will never be built because its west of the Bann and the unionists don't want it. South had committed more money to is at the beginning but have pulled back on this amount which says alot.

Protocol - The DUP get the credit for this one.