NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Armagh's three suspensions will definitely have an impact, the panel's strength in depth is going to be tested now, but I think the players are there to cover the losses.  If Armagh get the win in Ballybofey, will be the making of them for a tilt at the Ulster Final ...''if' .. bring on April 24th.

ck

Armaghs 3 suspensions will hurt much more than Donegals. 3 players who have had a lot of impact in the NFL versus a Donegal panelist veteran and a corner back. It doesn't seem even handed even though the melee was 50/50 at best and from what I could see it was instigated by Donegal.

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2022, 08:44:07 AM
Quote from: Ronnie on March 30, 2022, 10:04:22 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 30, 2022, 06:34:10 PM
I'm very confused by the suspensions. If the referee felt that the five players who have been issued with suspensions contributed to a melee why did he not red card them at the time?  I'd also like to know when he wrote his report and whether he spoke to anyone other than a match official or heard any coverage of the match before writing his report. To me it makes little sense. I wonder too will the CCCC get involved for anyone missed by the officials.

I understand the point your making in terms of the independence of the referee's report but all the match officials are volunteers, are always open to ear-twisting and have to be trusted to do their jobs as honestly as possible.  My issue is that Donegal were the clear instigators which some of the officials clearly saw and yet Armagh will lose their vice-captain, scorer-in-chief and main mid-fielder whilst Donegal lose 2 mischief makers.
Nugent was our scorer in chief the other day with about 1-6. Theres no doubt he's a huge huge loss, as is Soupy's impact off the bench he'll always get a couple of scores and probably set up a couple more. Mackin has been our player of the league and is a huge loss too.

Nugent scored more the other day than he probably did in the whole league.  Its not a consistent return, had a bit of fortune as the early yellow meant he was told to stay in as opposed to tracking back every time they lost possession.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: Taylor on March 31, 2022, 08:34:49 AM
I'm very confused by the suspensions. If the referee felt that the five players who have been issued with suspensions contributed to a melee why did he not red card them at the time?  I'd also like to know when he wrote his report and whether he spoke to anyone other than a match official or heard any coverage of the match before writing his report. To me it makes little sense. I wonder too will the CCCC get involved for anyone missed by the officials.

I understand the point your making in terms of the independence of the referee's report but all the match officials are volunteers, are always open to ear-twisting and have to be trusted to do their jobs as honestly as possible.  My issue is that Donegal were the clear instigators which some of the officials clearly saw and yet Armagh will lose their vice-captain, scorer-in-chief and main mid-fielder whilst Donegal lose 2 mischief makers.

Who is the scorer in chief you lost?

So if Nugent is score in chief is Campbell the vice captain?

LCohen

Quote from: Taylor on March 31, 2022, 11:19:35 AM

No. Try again

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2022, 11:05:10 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2022, 08:44:07 AM

Nugent was our scorer in chief the other day with about 1-6. Theres no doubt he's a huge huge loss, as is Soupy's impact off the bench he'll always get a couple of scores and probably set up a couple more. Mackin has been our player of the league and is a huge loss too.

Nugent scored more the other day than he probably did in the whole league.  Its not a consistent return, had a bit of fortune as the early yellow meant he was told to stay in as opposed to tracking back every time they lost possession.
In fairness he was class against Dublin and Tyrone and then missed a few games as far as I remember, wouldn't have the consistency of O'Neill to get scores but definitely can do it. Huge huge loss either way. 

Ronnie

Quote from: LCohen on March 31, 2022, 11:28:08 AM
Quote from: Taylor on March 31, 2022, 11:19:35 AM

No. Try again

I'll give a clue re: one of the deliberate errors.  There is no vc

greatpoint

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 05:12:14 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on March 30, 2022, 05:08:03 PM
Some amount of whinging, and I was led to believe the Tyrone ones were bad.

How did Rían O'Neill manage to avoid a ban after throwing punches?

Did you see him throwing punches? You should post them here.  As for the whinging Kerry Dublin not a word Tyrone Armagh and Armagh Donegal all over mainstream media you would think there is some sort of bias.

Have you not seen the footage?

nrico2006

Nugent is the joint captain. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: greatpoint on March 31, 2022, 03:06:12 PM

Did you see him throwing punches? You should post them here.  As for the whinging Kerry Dublin not a word Tyrone Armagh and Armagh Donegal all over mainstream media you would think there is some sort of bias.

Wouldnt call that a punch tbh unless you've seen different footage to me

Average Score

Quote from: greatpoint on March 31, 2022, 03:06:12 PM

Let's say no so show me the punches.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Average Score on March 31, 2022, 08:43:20 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/03/31/news/bans-hurt-armagh-more-than-donegal-devenney-2629484/

"It's certainly a marker being laid down by the powers that be to say 'here, cut the crap or you'll miss big championship games'.

Shame the power that be only look at Ulster   Northern Teams, Kerry and Dublin are untouchable and always have been.

If Dublin had been involved in TWO separate brawls during a single league campaign like Armagh have been, there would be uproar and outrage from all corners. It's actually incredible to me that more is not being made of the fact that Armagh are repeat offenders here.

Armagh18

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on March 31, 2022, 06:13:09 PM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/03/31/news/bans-hurt-armagh-more-than-donegal-devenney-2629484/

"It's certainly a marker being laid down by the powers that be to say 'here, cut the crap or you'll miss big championship games'.

Shame the power that be only look at Ulster   Northern Teams, Kerry and Dublin are untouchable and always have been.

If Dublin had been involved in TWO separate brawls during a single league campaign like Armagh have been, there would be uproar and outrage from all corners. It's actually incredible to me that more is not being made of the fact that Armagh are repeat offenders here.
Crazy the amount of lads running about with broken noses and black eyes after these "brawls" dry yer eyes!

Throw ball

You will be pleased to hear then that Armagh and Dublin played out a challenge match last night and there wasn't a brawl in sight. Think it was mostly squad members and Dublin won by a couple of points.

Average Score

Care to list the suspensions after the Kerry game.