Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2022, 12:44:53 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 30, 2022, 12:25:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 12:14:00 PM
Where are you hearing that lads?

Any names?
Campbell
Forker
Ciaran Makin from Armagh I've heard
heard Nugent instead of Forker. From speaking to one that were at the game Murphy 100% should be gone.
As should O'Neill be. If he avoids it after that punch the whole thing is a farce.
I've watched it back a few times and the only thing remotely like a punch is a slight movement with the left hand. Looked like more of a shove to me than a punch. Surprise surprise Donegal target the best or second best player in the
country to get him banned....
You spelt county wrong.
Lol ok!

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 30, 2022, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 30, 2022, 08:01:26 PM
As usual supporters can't handle suspension, every time it's some else fault, personally I thought there no reasons for subs and backroom staff to he involved in this, and hardly any supsended. The Donegal sub goalkeeper, he was continous in tussles. So in short absolutely nothing fired out to stop the same happening again. Pathetic.

Nobody to blame but themselves. Even if someone else starts you have a choice. Walk away or get involved. We chose it get involved and now will be missing three players

Exactly, if the Armagh players had just walked away and a load of Donegal ones had gathered around, who would have come out better of this?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

The Armagh players were down this road already with the Tyrone game.  They saw the consequences - cameras everywhere, criticised from every corner, suspensions inevitable - just a load of hassle distracting from the teams progress.  Why they then went and did it all again in Donegal is literally inexplicable. It's embarrassingly naive or stupid.

David McKeown

Quote from: Sportacus on March 30, 2022, 09:33:58 PM
The Armagh players were down this road already with the Tyrone game.  They saw the consequences - cameras everywhere, criticised from every corner, suspensions inevitable - just a load of hassle distracting from the teams progress.  Why they then went and did it all again in Donegal is literally inexplicable. It's embarrassingly naive or stupid.

But they aren't being suspended on the basis of video evidence. They are being suspended on the basis of the referees report according to the Irish Times.  A referee who apparently saw 5 players commit sending off offences but showed zero red cards at the time.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Solo_run

They didn't start it at the Tyrone game and have you seen evidence of Armagh starting it this time? They were certainly involved but who started it nobody knows other than those watching in front of it all.

Average Score

So only Armagh should be embarrassed, did you see all the off the ball stuff, the ineptitude of officials to act the lying down feigning head injuries when Armagh were on the attack, Armagh might be a lot of things to other counties an embarrassment for being provoked and cheated and offered nothing from inept officials they certainly are not.

Average Score

Quote from: Tubberman on March 30, 2022, 08:54:08 PM
Can ye start an 'Ulster Infighting' thread and continue your pulling and dragging there instead?

Mayo just like the feigning injuries, less risk and good way to get the play stopped and opposition carded for nothing.

Ronnie

Quote from: David McKeown on March 30, 2022, 06:34:10 PM
I'm very confused by the suspensions. If the referee felt that the five players who have been issued with suspensions contributed to a melee why did he not red card them at the time?  I'd also like to know when he wrote his report and whether he spoke to anyone other than a match official or heard any coverage of the match before writing his report. To me it makes little sense. I wonder too will the CCCC get involved for anyone missed by the officials.

I understand the point your making in terms of the independence of the referee's report but all the match officials are volunteers, are always open to ear-twisting and have to be trusted to do their jobs as honestly as possible.  My issue is that Donegal were the clear instigators which some of the officials clearly saw and yet Armagh will lose their vice-captain, scorer-in-chief and main mid-fielder whilst Donegal lose 2 mischief makers.

Solo_run

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 09:57:50 PM

So only Armagh should be embarrassed, did you see all the off the ball stuff, the ineptitude of officials to act the lying down feigning head injuries when Armagh were on the attack, Armagh might be a lot of things to other counties an embarrassment for being provoked and cheated and offered nothing from inept officials they certainly are not.

If it was Donegal that initiated it, it is our fault for falling for it. Nobody else to blame. We played our part in it and there is no excusing that. I don't particularly like "Armagh have a history of this" so that means we instantly have to shoulder the blame especially as there is no evidence to suggest this.

Average Score

Quote from: Solo_run on March 30, 2022, 10:05:45 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 09:57:50 PM

If it was Donegal that initiated it, it is our fault for falling for it. Nobody else to blame. We played our part in it and there is no excusing that. I don't particularly like "Armagh have a history of this" so that means we instantly have to shoulder the blame especially as there is no evidence to suggest this.

4 and 7 were at Armagh constantly Armagh were offered no protection, I am glad they stand up for themselves, this turn the other cheek crap only benefits the aggressor.

Silver hill

Quote from: Ronnie on March 30, 2022, 04:27:57 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 30, 2022, 04:06:55 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 30, 2022, 03:58:35 PM
Quote from: Armagh Girl on March 30, 2022, 03:43:00 PM
So 3 for Armagh and 2 for Donegal.........don't know how they picked Soupy out of all that was happening in real time, and why only 2 for Donegal......??.  But, we were involved and need to take the punishment and move on, although it is hard to comprehend how out of all that happened, Michael Murphy did not get banned given he started it just at then end of normal time where the Linesman was right beside him!  Time now for Armagh to focus on the game and hopefully this will drive them on!

Yeah Soupy seems unfortunate and its a bit bizarre that only two from Donegal. Probably little chance of being successful with any appeal as HQ are looking to clamp down on melees this year.

Without wanting to signal anyone out maybe some Donegal players got lucky in that their bibs covered their squad numbers and the referee couldn't identify them. On the other hand if the referee includes that in his report and CCCC look at video there could be a few more players in trouble.

I was at the match.  I hope the CCCC issue further suspensions because the ones proposed weigh in Donegal's favour.  The behaviour from the corner back was disgraceful.  Losing teams generally don't goad.

I was a neural at this game and agree completely with the above, McFadden ferry's behavior was disgraceful and to goad an opposition player after winning the game is very poor form. He was definitely the instigator of that particular melee and deserves a suspension. The photo on front page of the Irish news captured his behaviour perfectly.

McGee does fancy himself as some kind of enforcer, as do the donegal supporters judging by the ovation he got after his cameo during the game.

There was no orchestration. Incidents like that just happen and the any talk of a conspiracy is just paranoia.

Murphy still the spiritual and physical leader of donegal, his body has taken some abuse over the years. Full forward is the spot for him now I think. Very hard to mark in there if the ball in is good.
Mcbrearty is a great player too but carrying timber which was surprising for the time of year.

Taylor

Quote from: Ronnie on March 30, 2022, 10:04:22 PM
I'm very confused by the suspensions. If the referee felt that the five players who have been issued with suspensions contributed to a melee why did he not red card them at the time?  I'd also like to know when he wrote his report and whether he spoke to anyone other than a match official or heard any coverage of the match before writing his report. To me it makes little sense. I wonder too will the CCCC get involved for anyone missed by the officials.

I understand the point your making in terms of the independence of the referee's report but all the match officials are volunteers, are always open to ear-twisting and have to be trusted to do their jobs as honestly as possible.  My issue is that Donegal were the clear instigators which some of the officials clearly saw and yet Armagh will lose their vice-captain, scorer-in-chief and main mid-fielder whilst Donegal lose 2 mischief makers.

Who is the scorer in chief you lost?

Average Score

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/03/31/news/bans-hurt-armagh-more-than-donegal-devenney-2629484/

"It's certainly a marker being laid down by the powers that be to say 'here, cut the crap or you'll miss big championship games'.

Shame the power that be only look at Ulster   Northern Teams, Kerry and Dublin are untouchable and always have been. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Ronnie on March 30, 2022, 10:04:22 PM

Nugent was our scorer in chief the other day with about 1-6. Theres no doubt he's a huge huge loss, as is Soupy's impact off the bench he'll always get a couple of scores and probably set up a couple more. Mackin has been our player of the league and is a huge loss too.

rosnarun

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 10:03:36 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 30, 2022, 08:54:08 PM
Can ye start an 'Ulster Infighting' thread and continue your pulling and dragging there instead?

Mayo just like the feigning injuries, less risk and good way to get the play stopped and opposition carded for nothing.

is that why both kerry and tyrone stopped every free kick mayo tried and though ball was brought forward on at least 5 occasions v tyrone and not one card for it.
Inthe early rounds of the league it was obvious mayo put a lot of Work into Quick frees but of course Cute hors notice that too and decide to put a stop to it knowing the refs would let them.
And as for Injuries Mayo have 7 probable starters out injured at  the moment so no need for feigning .
O connor, x2, b walsh, harrison, conroy , hennelly, darren Mchale. with that  eoghan Mc lauglin not actually back yet and jason  Doherty you feel is held together with Tape.
its a miracle They are in Contention at all
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere