Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Sportacus on January 12, 2022, 02:05:40 PM
Michelle O'Neill rode it out too.  I'm struggling to see much difference.

O'Neill and SF were wrong on the funeral but to seriously equate going to a garden party with going to a funeral takes a bit of doing.

Sportacus

Quote from: johnnycool on January 12, 2022, 02:40:55 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on January 12, 2022, 02:05:40 PM
Michelle O'Neill rode it out too.  I'm struggling to see much difference.

O'Neill and SF were wrong on the funeral but to seriously equate going to a garden party with going to a funeral takes a bit of doing.
I'm not equating funerals and parties, not for one minute.  I'm equating "one rule for me, and one rule for the rest of you".

lenny

Quote from: johnnycool on January 12, 2022, 02:38:58 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2022, 01:41:41 PM
Tbh I would be shocked if he resigned. I don't think this boy is going anywhere until he is knifed in the back. He will be eventually and I think he is definitely stretching the boundaries but it would need a lot of alignment and a concerted effort and I think the other ones are all so self serving they wouldn't have it in them to do a joint effort.

The Torys are ruthless hoors if they think Boris is a liability at the ballot box and polling suggest we're in that territory but FFS he still can't say it was an organised party...

Utter sc**bag

What's disgusting is that none of the other Torys is publicly condemning his disgraceful behaviour. They are all circling the wagons and they'll try to scapegoat a civil servant o take the blame. It reminds of the time all the Tyrone back room team, ex players and supporters circled the wagons and defended tiernan McCann for his ridiculous and disgraceful dive.

yellowcard

Quote from: lenny on January 12, 2022, 05:14:46 PM
Tbh I would be shocked if he resigned. I don't think this boy is going anywhere until he is knifed in the back. He will be eventually and I think he is definitely stretching the boundaries but it would need a lot of alignment and a concerted effort and I think the other ones are all so self serving they wouldn't have it in them to do a joint effort.

The Torys are ruthless hoors if they think Boris is a liability at the ballot box and polling suggest we're in that territory but FFS he still can't say it was an organised party...

Utter sc**bag

What's disgusting is that none of the other Torys is publicly condemning his disgraceful behaviour. They are all circling the wagons and they'll try to scapegoat a civil servant o take the blame. It reminds of the time all the Tyrone back room team, ex players and supporters circled the wagons and defended tiernan McCann for his ridiculous and disgraceful dive.

Or the Philip Jordan one, an even more high profile incident in an AI final which had a huge bearing on the outcome. The only difference is that Tyrone still defend those players to this day whereas whenever Boris Johnson becomes expendable the Tory backbenchers will throw him to the fleas.

trueblue1234

Quote from: yellowcard on January 12, 2022, 05:24:28 PM

Utter sc**bag

Or the Philip Jordan one, an even more high profile incident in an AI final which had a huge bearing on the outcome. The only difference is that Tyrone still defend those players to this day whereas whenever Boris Johnson becomes expendable the Tory backbenchers will throw him to the fleas.
Ffs lads. That is cringeworthy.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Well that escalated...

He is surrounded by his cronies who are all like minded. ***ts the lot of them with barely an ounce of humanity between the lot of them. Yeah Jc they will eventually shaft him. If only labour had a good leader. Starmer useless too. A Tony Blair crony.

tyrone08

Utter sc**bag

Never heard any tyrone supporters ever defending it. Could definitely have been worse as he could have blown kisses to the crowd after scoring 😂😘

angermanagement

I'm sure Dominic Cummings has plenty of dirt on Boris still to be exposed. He'll survive this one but it won't be long before he's busted again.

Main Street

He'll survive any amount of slime as long as the Tories are topping the polls. It's not the polls in the north of England that matter but in places like Shropshire.

seafoid

The 1922 Committee needs 54 signatures to trigger a leadership election.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2022, 10:13:43 PM

Whoever comes after Johnson will be just as bad. The Tory party got rid of any talent they had during the brexit transition. People like Dominic Grieve and Anna Soubry were politicians of integrity and a bit of gravitas bu because they wanted a softer brexit they were dumped. They're the most corrupt shower ever to be in power and have made millions for themselves and donors from the pandemic by awarding dodgy contracts.

mouview

No, to trigger a vote of confidence, which BJ could well win. Needs 180+ against him to be usurped.

Tories really in a bind here. Smart play would be to jettison him and give the new leader time to bed in and become known to voters. New leader unlikely though to be as popular at the election booth as BJ was, particularly in red wall seats (and especially if it's a 'furriner '/ 'Pakistani' like Sunak). Leave Johnson in situ and the opposition become stronger and more vocal and in control of the moral high ground. This is what I think will happen, just about. Cabinet will hope that Sue Gray's report takes so long to compile that the whole issue will cool and public anger will fade away. In the meantime, cue another outbreak of hostilities with France re: fishing and the EU re: NIP.  God knows what Joe Biden makes of it.

The thoroughly ridiculous Rees-Mogg calling Scottish Tory MP Douglas Ross a 'political lightweight' on Newsnight won't do much for trying to preserve the Union north of the border. Even knocked a start out of the normally unflappable Kirsty Wark!

red hander

Quote from: mouview on January 12, 2022, 11:36:06 PM

No, to trigger a vote of confidence, which BJ could well win. Needs 180+ against him to be usurped.

Tories really in a bind here. Smart play would be to jettison him and give the new leader time to bed in and become known to voters. New leader unlikely though to be as popular at the election booth as BJ was, particularly in red wall seats (and especially if it's a 'furriner '/ 'Pakistani' like Sunak). Leave Johnson in situ and the opposition become stronger and more vocal and in control of the moral high ground. This is what I think will happen, just about. Cabinet will hope that Sue Gray's report takes so long to compile that the whole issue will cool and public anger will fade away. In the meantime, cue another outbreak of hostilities with France re: fishing and the EU re: NIP.  God knows what Joe Biden makes of it.

The thoroughly ridiculous Rees-Mogg calling Scottish Tory MP Douglas Ross a 'political lightweight' on Newsnight won't do much for trying to preserve the Union north of the border. Even knocked a start out of the normally unflappable Kirsty Wark!

Rees-Mogg is certainly ridiculous. But he's 100% right about Ross. Have you ever seen that Hun bastard ref a Celtic game. A man even more odious than Rees-Mogg.

johnnycool

Quote from: mouview on January 12, 2022, 11:36:06 PM

The arrogance of Rees-Mogg is something to behold and irrespective of whether he's right about Douglas Ross or not you just don't say things like that on national TV. I'm sure the Scottish Tory's are feeling loved by their "betters" in London now..

As for Boris, he's apologising for not realising it was a party in his back garden and doing something about it. That is all. He's even trying to suggest it legally wasn't outside the rules at the time. He's a charlatan of the highest order.

There's no doubt going to be another drip feed of another party or indiscretion on its way

imtommygunn

It's like an apology from a toddler then you see the glint in their eye and they do the same thing again. It's not an apology at all.

I don't think there are many more odious than Rees-Mogg. Johnson probably is but that is about it.

Yes it's like someone said too. There surely can't be any worse but we say that about every secretary of state here and every Brexit negotiator and they all get worse when you think it's impossible... If anyone can the tories can.