Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 06, 2016, 12:31:50 AM
I see the UU have come down for "Remain", which is an unusual piece of leadership from them. It shows the DUP up for the bigots that they are.
It would be gas if Cameron expelled NI from the UK for consorting with the enemy during the Brexit pantomime. All those murals about crown and Loyalism and when it comes to a big decision the DUP sides with the morons.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Marty has now called for a United Ireland poll in the event of Brexit. Given that NI is likely to be well against and given that Scotland will be calling for referendums in the event of Brexit, this is good timing. It does vindicate Nesbitt, who argues that remain is more stable for NI in the UK rather than the DUP bigots who just want to stir trouble.

There are a number of strange things here. SF are supporting remain, although leave might bring about a UI poll. The UU are supporting remain on the basis that a Brexit might encourage a border poll or Scottish referendum, but of course if NI clearly voted for Brexit and Brexit occurred then there wouldn't be much case for a poll. The DUP support leave to try and enhance the border, but of course Brexit followed by any UI poll would require clarification of the post EU nature of north-south cooperation and probably more All Ireland bodies.

I doubt Brexit will pass, a outers shout loudly but people in Britain will vote quietly for the status quo. But it would be interesting if England was 50.1% to leave, but NI, Scotland and Wales only 30% to leave, so keeping them in! 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

In fairness it's the Paisleyite wing of the DUP only that wants a Brexit,Arlene doesn't but probably reckons it won't happen anyway so to keep the party together they are very softly in favour of a Brexit

T Fearon

And I doubt if Bremain is truly Sinn Fein's preferred option either,long term

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on March 12, 2016, 03:57:46 PM
In fairness it's the Paisleyite wing of the DUP only that wants a Brexit,Arlene doesn't but probably reckons it won't happen anyway so to keep the party together they are very softly in favour of a Brexit

The woman should show some leadership, Fermanagh has most to lose from this bollix.

T Fearon

All about keeping the party together and clipping wings of TUV.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on March 12, 2016, 04:27:59 PM

She is First Minister, she should have some concern for NI and not just trying to outbigot a shower of poisoned lunatics.

trileacman

Quote from: armaghniac on March 12, 2016, 04:40:51 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 12, 2016, 04:27:59 PM

She is First Minister, she should have some concern for NI and not just trying to outbigot a shower of poisoned lunatics.

This is NI, where logical thought is not only sparsely found but outrightly persecuted. The only thing I find astonishing about Ni politics anymore is that rational people like yourself are still astonished by the pure Neanderthal nature of it.

I seriously believe NI is as certifiably insane as American politics has become, I mean you can draw endless parallels. The only difference is that the states are powerful enough to implement the lunacy they peddle and the north isn't.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

T Fearon

As I have said,my experience away from cameras,politicians work very well together.

While in favour of these islands remaining in the EU,the Brexit side does talk a lot of sense in terms of migrants (in the part of Portadown where I used to live,there was a murder last weekend and the whole area is a migrant ghetto,the money poured in etc,and I doubt if the EU gravy train will last much longer for Ireland as handouts are switched to Eastern Europe.

armaghniac

Portadown has always been a migrant ghetto and there have been many murders there.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2016, 05:48:53 PM
Portadown has always been a migrant ghetto and there have been many murders there.
Portadown has awful karma. I never felt the same in any other town

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

In my opinion (which by the way, I rate very highly) you need to have a degree in economics to really understand the full pros and cons of Britain leaving the European Union. You need to be able to assimilate all of the available information and block out the soothsayers and those with hidden agendas.

And that is why I think the Politicians should have made the decision, not the public. The latter can decide on things like gay marriage or abortion.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Remain were 7/8pts ahead in Polls before Obama put the boot the into the Brexiteers.

seafoid

I think Brexit is the wrong answer to the failure of the system to deliver decent jobs to ordinary Brits.