Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Apparently the DUP have set such a low bar of gullibility in the past that Johnson is going to try another one. The protocol stays the same, the British government  will negotiate with the EU for changes and should that be unsatisfactory, he'll peddle the promise of express legislation to override the protocol and less talk about a commitment to implement it when it does emerge in some diminished shape after a year.
He's shafting the DUP yet again, intending to leave them isolated on their identity protest.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/comment/stormont-must-be-restored-so-politicians-can-deliver-for-the-people-of-ni-41652590.html

marty34

Plus using the threat of violence to put pressure on the EU, as well as saying the north can't get a 'government' up and running because of it etc.

It's unreal - you'd have thought (if you didn't know) that the tories had no input at all in all of this!

Main Street

The DUP are the pawns yet again, this time a thankless task working hard to make Johnson look good in front of his tory brexit zealots as he battles with the EU to save the Union.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2022, 02:08:08 PM
The DUP are the pawns yet again, this time a thankless task working hard to make Johnson look good in front of his tory brexit zealots as he battles with the EU to save the Union.

We're all pawns to the ERG and their goon Boris. We're going to get fúcked, proper fúcked.

The DUP are being played and we'll be the ones who suffer.

imtommygunn

Quote from: marty34 on May 16, 2022, 01:30:56 PM
Plus using the threat of violence to put pressure on the EU, as well as saying the north can't get a 'government' up and running because of it etc.

It's unreal - you'd have thought (if you didn't know) that the tories had no input at all in all of this!

I don't understand why no one mentions that the alternative has also got a threat of violence!

Yes JC I have pretty much no doubt that is what will happen  >:( I don't know exactly how we're getting fúcked but we're getting fúcked and that is all I know.

Franko

Quote from: johnnycool on May 16, 2022, 02:20:10 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2022, 02:08:08 PM

We're all pawns to the ERG and their goon Boris. We're going to get fúcked, proper fúcked.

The DUP are being played and we'll be the ones who suffer.

Yep.

marty34

I think we need somebody to come and collerate all the benefits etc. of the protocol.

Just seems to be one-way traffic regarding the 'no' men - Allister and Bryson et. al on all media outlets.

I mean there was a report last week stating that the north is out performing the rest of the 'uk' but I heard it mentioned once on the radio.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on May 16, 2022, 02:34:17 PM
I think we need somebody to come and collerate all the benefits etc. of the protocol.

Just seems to be one-way traffic regarding the 'no' men - Allister and Bryson et. al on all media outlets.

I mean there was a report last week stating that the north is out performing the rest of the 'uk' but I heard it mentioned once on the radio.

Exactly this.

Wrightbus CEO extolling the virtues of the protocol sunk Sammy Wilson below the waterline, but I bet it's not getting the coverage it deserves.

The farmers and fishermen need to grow a set of balls and get out there because if they don't they're going to get fúcked too.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on May 16, 2022, 02:52:53 PM

Exactly this.

Wrightbus CEO extolling the virtues of the protocol sunk Sammy Wilson below the waterline, but I bet it's not getting the coverage it deserves.

The farmers and fishermen need to grow a set of balls and get out there because if they don't they're going to get fúcked too.

100% correct JC.

I forgot about the farmers! They're getting a good deal from the EU currently. Boris' government won't give half of that out to them.

trailer

Exactly this.

The farmers industry body is the UFU. It's basically and Orange Lodge. The vast majority of farmers voted for Brexit, especially Dairy farmers.

weareros

Quote from: trailer on May 16, 2022, 04:25:47 PM

Exactly this.

The farmers industry body is the UFU. It's basically and Orange Lodge. The vast majority of farmers voted for Brexit, especially Dairy farmers.

Based on Farmer's Journal, Victor Chestnutt seems to care more about breeder shows in England. Takes for granted the EU access protocol provides. Would get some wake-up call if they lost it.

trailer

Quote from: weareros on May 16, 2022, 04:48:18 PM

Exactly this.

Based on Farmer's Journal, Victor Chestnutt seems to care more about breeder shows in England. Takes for granted the EU access protocol provides. Would get some wake-up call if they lost it.

Victor only cares about self promotion and the coverage he gets.

marty34

Quote from: weareros on May 16, 2022, 04:48:18 PM

Exactly this.

Again, there should be a report done on how much the farmers will lose out on - but I suppose Borris' boys will spoof how much they'll be giving back to the farmers when it all kicks in.

An Watcher

My initial thoughts are to pull the whole thing down to feck.  Sicken your hole.  Get the border poll tonight and there'd be a united ireland in the morning.   Aaaaargh

trailer

Quote from: An Watcher on May 16, 2022, 05:08:57 PM
My initial thoughts are to pull the whole thing down to feck.  Sicken your hole.  Get the border poll tonight and there'd be a united ireland in the morning.   Aaaaargh

Yes and No.
The Nationalist parties should put an ultimatum to the DUP and the British government. Either work Stormont and provide good stable government or it is gone forever and they will both come together to help form a citizens assembly with a view to a Unity referendum and reunification by 2030.