Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 05, 2010, 09:43:43 PM
Disappointing and irrelevant interjections from the Cavan and Fermanagh county boards.

Their roles aren't political; competitive inter-county teams would suffice.

Thank feck neither is running any of Sean Quinn's businesses.

Did you have the same opinion when the hunger strike memorial was hosted in Casement Park? Co Boards are entitled to speak on behalf of their members in my opinion.

saffron sam2

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 05, 2010, 10:08:29 PM
Disappointing and irrelevant interjections from the Cavan and Fermanagh county boards.

Did you have the same opinion when the hunger strike memorial was hosted in Casement Park? Co Boards are entitled to speak on behalf of their members in my opinion.

Indeed I did, as you will see if you trawl through my posts.

No hunger strike memorial should have been held in Casement Park.

County boards aren't entitled to speak about things they know feck all about.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on April 05, 2010, 10:15:46 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 05, 2010, 10:12:37 PM

Indeed I did, as you will see if you trawl through my posts.

No hunger strike memorial should have been held in Casement Park.

County boards aren't entitled to speak about things they know feck all about.
Jaysus, sam, our own would be very quiet.

'Tis almost a prerequisite for election.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

muppet

I want to know how the Mayo CB feel about important issues such as the bank guarantee, stem cell research & whether Jordan/Peter Andre are a better match than Leenie/Ziggy?
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2010, 10:26:23 PM

I want to know how the Mayo CB feel about important issues such as the bank guarantee, stem cell research & whether Jordan/Peter Andre are a better match than Leenie/Ziggy?

Well I'd be more interested in what they would have to say about issues relative to the county such as there being no decent road between Ballina and Castlebar and of course beastiality 8)

muppet

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 05, 2010, 10:43:47 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2010, 10:26:23 PM

Well I'd be more interested in what they would have to say about issues relative to the county such as there being no decent road between Ballina and Castlebar and of course beastiality 8)

Ballina is surplus to requirements, we have Castlebar. As for beastiality right idea, wrong county. Try Floscommon or maybe Wickla.
MWWSI 2017

small white mayoman

did i hear on the radio that there are 50 bus's of Quinn staff heading to Dublin for a  March . I dont get it is  the regulator just doing his job ?
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

cornafean

Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2010, 07:03:23 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 05, 2010, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on April 05, 2010, 06:50:20 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 05, 2010, 06:46:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2010, 06:28:45 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 05, 2010, 06:16:59 PM
Such has been the monumental ineptitude of the Regulator's office in the 26 (and I know that  that has changed hands has since their most inglorious episode of pure crassness recently), that I can't see how anyone, or any body, with a vested interest in the community that has been directly affected by a decision of that same Regulator could NOT speak up, regardless of any attendant mortification from so doing.

The reality is that every decision that the 26-county Regulator takes must be open to the maximum possible scrutiny, even if at times that scrutiny appears to be somewhat OTT; the Regulator's office deserves no latitude.

The crazy thing about this line of argument is that it seems to put Sean Quinn above criticism. People in Fermanagh/Cavan might feel he is a deity but the rest of us might see things a little differently. My kids and probably grandkids will be paying for his gamble with Anglo.

Haranguerer there is a big difference between saying that all 5,500 jobs are at risk and loss of custom might affect jobs. 'Can you not see that'?

Quinn is in a position to repay his loans to Anglo, is he not? He has said he will pay back every penny. He has taken many risks like most successful businessmen, moving from cement to Insulation to insurance to bottle factories to hotels. He has always succeeded and when one gamble goes wrong we all want the boot put in. This is a man with a proven track record of starting successful businesses in a part of Ireland that as always been totally ignored by the politicans from North and South, what does Ireland stand to gain from bankrupting him instead of giving him a chance to pay what he owes.
he's not in a position to repay his loans to anglo without some form of restructuring of the debt and the group, as i say the problem isn't the successful businesses, its that there appear to be very few controls, this is par for the course in a group like Quinn, but he has jeopardised the future of the group

There are plenty of people in Ireland at the moment restructuring loans on their houses cos they have over borrowed, lost their jobs and /or are in negative equity. Should they too have their houses taken from them.

None of those people are likely to cost the taxpayer billions.

Collectively they will indeed cost the taxpayer billions. Tens of billions.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Declan

Quotedid i hear on the radio that there are 50 bus's of Quinn staff heading to Dublin for a  Marc

Yep you sure did. Unreal stuff.Feel sorry for them but their anger is misdirected. They should look closer to home at their founder for the reason the regulator came in

small white mayoman

Quote from: Declan on April 06, 2010, 09:49:40 AM
Quotedid i hear on the radio that there are 50 bus's of Quinn staff heading to Dublin for a  Marc

Yep you sure did. Unreal stuff.Feel sorry for them but their anger is misdirected. They should look closer to home at their founder for the reason the regulator came in

absolutely, makes you wonder though what would have happened if the previous regulator had done his job and called a halt to the banks gallop
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

DickyRock

Have not been told by their employers to go down?

I know their anger is mis-directed but it would be very hard to stick your head above the parapit and question Quinn.

My thoughts are if he really wanted to he would stump up the money to cover the deficit, but it looks like he is prepared to let the insurance arm go

Declan

QuoteHave not been told by their employers to go dow

Never. Sure this is entirely an employee initiative ;) It's an unfortunate coincidence that their press release came from the same firm that does the corporate stuff for the Quinn Group

FermGael

Sure what else are they to do??
Sit back and watch as they lose their jobs.
At least they are venting their anger at something
From i have witnessed over the past 2 years, the only people that have done this were the OAP's.
Everybody else seems to have rolled over and accepted whatever the government has done to them.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Declan

QuoteAt least they are venting their anger at something

I did say that I have sympathy for them but they are venting it in the wrong direction in my opinion and are being used in a bigger game by the very people they claim loyalty to.

QuoteEverybody else seems to have rolled over and accepted whatever the government has done to them

In this instance it's not the "government" who did anything to them. The regulator's actions are as a direct result of the actions of the Quinn management team.

Not sure about the future of the Quinn Group but the Insurance side of things I think will be OK and from what I hear there are plenty of potential interested parties

FermGael

Declan can you really blame them??
Quinn has created jobs and employment where previously there was nothing.
What do you suggest they do??
Start protesting against Quinn??

You are correct about there being plenty of interested parties in the insurance sides of things.
Only problem is that these multinational companies will have absolutely no interrest in keeping these jobs in Fermanagh/Cavan.
They will be moved elsewhere.

I for one have been amazed as to what the government in the republic has gotten away with over the last couple of years to shield the Fianna Fail donators who have invested so heavily in property and Anglo Irish.
Why is it that Quinn in the only one being actively chased??
Is it because there is still a chance of getting the money back of him.
What about the rest of the bond holders??  Why are they still unknown??

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered