Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 24, 2021, 09:01:59 PM
Bottom teams in 1A and 1B play off, loser goes back to Div 2 next season.

Is it head to heads first then points difference?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2021, 09:07:18 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 24, 2021, 09:01:59 PM
Bottom teams in 1A and 1B play off, loser goes back to Div 2 next season.

Is it head to heads first then points difference?
Antrim have a 27 point advantage over Laois at the moment.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/results/gaa/2021/6227/tables/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

groundlie

If Laois beat Antrim and we are both on two points then head to head will mean we play Westmeath

BrendanAntrim

Yes head to head first, so if we don't get something off Wexford it's a huge game fir Laois, a chance to avoid the relegation play off. TBH I think we are a different level than Laois now, especially at home with 500 supporters

Tormund

Quote from: groundlie on May 24, 2021, 10:11:28 PM
If Laois beat Antrim and we are both on two points then head to head will mean we play Westmeath
I think another possible scenario is if clare didnt win any of their last 2 games, and laois beat us, we would all have 2 points and in that case i think its points difference between the three teams and we have a good points difference over laois at this time. Of course thats just one scenario, clare might get another win.
And the main thing is that hopefully we should beat laois. They seem to be fading in the 2nd half of their games this season and we have been strong in the 2nd half of our games. But it will still be a tough game. 2 wins would be a great return from this season in div 1

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

ATM if I'm going with my head Wexford will beat Antrim , hopefully yous will beat Laois , more than capable

groundlie

If we beat wexford are we in with a shout of a league final still?

BrendanAntrim

There is no league final

NAG1

Think Dublin showed us our level in this one unfortunately.

We are still in that zone really, too good for Joe Mc and not quite at the level for the McCarthy.

Tactically we got it wrong and didnt play through the lines enough, Liam Rushe killed us sweeping up any loose long balls. Hopefully it is a learning session for the lads for later in the year, but we struggled so badly on the left side of the defence and it was difficult to recover that.

imtommygunn

Is Ronan Molloy in the panel? I thought he was about Dunloy's best player in the championship last year and worth some gametime. For me Walsh has been a great find in full back and definitely needs to be kept there.

Na Glinntí Glasa

No he isn't with the panel this year. he wasn't included in the panel for the final and decided that would do him.

Personally i cant understand that as he was the best defender in our panel last year and will only get better. He's still young and has many more years ahead of him so hopefully down the line he will be in the antrim squad.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Yeah I thought he was superb for you last year. If McManus is needed in forwards him to rhb, Campbell to midfield and McManus up front would have been good. Pity but not much you can do.

groundlie

Id rather walsh at half back. He's wasted in full back. A half back like of molloy mcmanus and walsh would be ideal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on May 25, 2021, 09:28:41 AM
Id rather walsh at half back. He's wasted in full back. A half back like of molloy mcmanus and walsh would be ideal.

Who you putting in at fullback?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: groundlie on May 25, 2021, 09:28:41 AM

f**k, statements like this belong to the 80's. No point having a full forward line of Christy Ring, DJ Carey and Henry Shefflin when you don't have a good fullback.

There's a reason Galway finally won an AI with Daithi Burke in at fullback even though he was one of their most influential midfielders..

He shut up shop..