Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 11:08:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:55:09 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:33:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:28:28 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:26:24 AM
You don't have to wear a mask outside. It's not mandatory.

Yet.

Wait until we reopen in the summer months. It is mandatory in some European countries at present.

Yet???????? You said it was ffs!

I talked about it in a hypothetical sense - if being the key word.

I predict when society reopens in the summer months we will be mandated to wear masks in city streets etc. It is mandatory in many European countries presently.

It's the absolute height of madness if you are allowed travel around Europe freely yet you can't get your haircut and have to walk around outside with a mask on your face.

Just so that I can get it right here, you don't have to wear a mask outside, that's the current set up and has been that way since last year.

Your other points are correct but you are telling fibs on the mask wearing. Your whole ethos is about stating facts and deal with just the facts, your are talking out of your hole though when you bring in false statements.

The government have got it wrong on so many levels and hopefully they'll be pulled on it when there is an equiry into how it was handled at the start.

I'm not telling any fibs, I'm giving my opinion that the same suit will be followed on one of or both sides of the border this summer as is the case in European countries whereby mask wearing will be made mandatory in outdoor public spaces. You can agree or disagree with that, I don't care but that's the way I see it going this summer.
Really don't think they'll make masks mandatory outdoors, especially not in the summer.

sid waddell

On July 1, 2020, the Republic of Ireland announced 4 (four) new cases of Covid-19

We had elimination in our grasp

But because we were firmly on the wrong side of the central divide in this pandemic - the so called "debate" about elimination versus "living with the virus", we blew it

Everything else is noise

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 11:08:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:55:09 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:33:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:28:28 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:26:24 AM
You don't have to wear a mask outside. It's not mandatory.

Yet.

Wait until we reopen in the summer months. It is mandatory in some European countries at present.

Yet???????? You said it was ffs!

I talked about it in a hypothetical sense - if being the key word.

I predict when society reopens in the summer months we will be mandated to wear masks in city streets etc. It is mandatory in many European countries presently.

It's the absolute height of madness if you are allowed travel around Europe freely yet you can't get your haircut and have to walk around outside with a mask on your face.

Just so that I can get it right here, you don't have to wear a mask outside, that's the current set up and has been that way since last year.

Your other points are correct but you are telling fibs on the mask wearing. Your whole ethos is about stating facts and deal with just the facts, your are talking out of your hole though when you bring in false statements.

The government have got it wrong on so many levels and hopefully they'll be pulled on it when there is an equiry into how it was handled at the start.

I'm not telling any fibs, I'm giving my opinion that the same suit will be followed on one of or both sides of the border this summer as is the case in European countries whereby mask wearing will be made mandatory in outdoor public spaces. You can agree or disagree with that, I don't care but that's the way I see it going this summer.

You said wearing masks is mandatory. you are wrong. Its very simple
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: clarshack on March 18, 2021, 11:28:21 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 18, 2021, 11:10:49 AM
Really don't think they'll make masks mandatory outdoors, especially not in the summer.

Was walking down Cookstown main street last Saturday and couldn't believe the amount of people wearing a mask outside.
You should have gone around tearing them off their heads and then coughed in their faces

That would have really showed the brainwashed fascist face nappy wearers

One man's virus spreader is another man's freedom fighter

Louther

Wearing a mask is simple. It's done in lots of settings with no issues on regualr basis prior to Covid.

Of course there is issues with people correcting wearing or using them but that is far out weighed by the positive effect they can still have on transmission. It's impossible to tell how many transmissions they can effect but once people went indoors for social gatherings and the like round December we seen the huge spike in cases. If they stop even as low as 10% of transmissions (pure speculation) isn't that a lot of good done for something that in no ways affects anyone in their daily lives.

Unless of you course you believe that headbanger in Herbert Park yesterday  :o :o

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2021, 10:39:32 AM
Angelo has a fair point here. Looks like everyone will be off to Turkey soon for their summer hols, no passport vaccine, no restrictions and back home before you can get a pint in the local.

In this case anyone going to Turkey should be required to have 14 days hotel quarantine on their return. This might reduce demand.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Haven't heard of too many doing quarantine these days now it's brought up. Seems to have been something that has been "eased up"

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2021, 12:32:01 PM
Haven't heard of too many doing quarantine these days now it's brought up. Seems to have been something that has been "eased up"

There isn't much travel at present. The hotel quarantine in the 26 counties is only starting next week.

Rossfan

EMA says yes to Astraz.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2021, 04:18:04 PM
EMA says yes to Astraz.

Someone will be very disappointed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

EMA says yes to Astraz.

It's not safe. Politically anyway.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on March 18, 2021, 04:23:02 PM
EMA says yes to Astraz.

It's not safe. Politically anyway.

As long as it only causes political clots and not medical ones I'll be fine next wednesday.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on March 18, 2021, 12:33:58 PM

There isn't much travel at present. The hotel quarantine in the 26 counties is only starting next week.

I know personally 6 people who came home from Middle East recently, got one of those private tests....no quarantine necessary. I don't even know if that's the rules or not.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2021, 04:41:36 PM

I know personally 6 people who came home from Middle East recently, got one of those private tests....no quarantine necessary. I don't even know if that's the rules or not.

Everybody has a quarantine requirement. Some people act the bollix about it, but increasingly that will not be tolerated.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 18, 2021, 05:46:34 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2021, 04:41:36 PM

Everybody has a quarantine requirement. Some people act the bollix about it, but increasingly that will not be tolerated.

If you are coming in from a country outside the agreed list,  I thought it was mandatory to self isolate for 14 days, has that changed?

Are there people not doing that?  I'd friends who went away during the summer and had to quarantine for 2 weeks when they came home. I didn't realise this had changed.