laptops for business

Started by his holiness nb, July 19, 2007, 04:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

I'm looking for a laptop to use daily while on the road. One with internet connection and e-mail.
What way does the internet connection work on them? Do dell or the like sort this for you or do you need to go to someone like eircom?
Pardon the ignorance here, I havent needed a laptop until now.
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

I bought a Sony Vavio which i have in the van most of the time..I also have a mobile internet card that i got from Vodafone which costs 50euro a month
You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

You can buy a wireless Network card (eg.Belkin - i use it when in Dublin) and steal a connection if you can find one, or the Mobile networks can provide you with a network card that connects to their network and you pay a monthly subscription. Or you can use your mobile to access a dial up connection(Bloothoh or USB).
Its Grim up North

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 19, 2007, 04:12:05 PMI also have a mobile internet card that i got from Vodafone which costs 50euro a month

Ur getting value for money there anyway...  ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

his holiness nb

Cheers folks, if I see any suspicious looking vans parked alongside the road for hours I'll know its just laoislad logged onto gaaboard.com !
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 04:16:43 PM
Cheers folks, if I see any suspicious looking vans parked alongside the road for hours I'll know its just laoislad logged onto gaaboard.com !

:-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Near spat my coffee out when I saw your avatar Laoislad, great stuff  :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

And if its rockin he's just googled for images of Debbie...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

his holiness nb

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 19, 2007, 04:27:22 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Class

Either Debbie or goats.com
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 19, 2007, 04:27:22 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Class

Either Debbie or goats.com

Yer the sick F****** who picked the goat over Debbie!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Your the sick F**ck who picked Debbie over a goat  ;)

p.s. did I really?
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 04:33:12 PM
Your the sick F**ck who picked Debbie over a goat  ;)

p.s. did I really?

Yes you did but you were Dubnut then

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=2507.0
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

:-[

Funny thread though, heres an old gem from Hardy

"I don't fancy either of them, to be honest, but isn't Debbie McGee a married woman? It'd have to be the goat then for any right-thinking christian"
Ask me holy bollix

Bud Wiser

Your Holiness,
If you are buying a laptop from Dell make sure you get them to specify the Amp (h) battery that comes with it.  They have three different ones and if you don't specify you will get the cheapo that lasts less than an hour. Get one that

his holiness nb

Cheers Bud, this is the sort of thing I dont know about so appreciate the advice
Ask me holy bollix