Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

What are peoples views on these groups?
Firstly i think they do great work in that they expose dirty old men etc and obviously the more creeps and perverts are taken off our streets the better.

What i did have an issue with is the way they now have to expose it all on Facebook live.
I watched one the other night of a man down Dunloy direction. He had been thinking he was talking to a young girl of about 13 i think. Talking all the filth of the day. Disgusting by all accounts.
These people landed to his door at 11 on sunday night and went through this all in front of his wife, daughter etc. Now whilst not showing the wife and daughters face you could hear the daughter crying. This all going out on facebook live. WTF. Surely the best thing in that instance is to hand the evidence to the police and let them deal with it. If you want to expose him then surely there are better ways than facebook live. Its the family who pick up the pieces afterwards. Imagine a teenage daughter knowing 3.5k people were watching all that. How is she meant to face the real world. The whole thing sicked me entirely. Obviously what he did disgusts me that goes without saying.

He killed himself the next day also.

Terrible situation.

punt kick

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM
What are peoples views on these groups?
Firstly i think they do great work in that they expose dirty old men etc and obviously the more creeps and perverts are taken off our streets the better.

What i did have an issue with is the way they now have to expose it all on Facebook live.
I watched one the other night of a man down Dunloy direction. He had been thinking he was talking to a young girl of about 13 i think. Talking all the filth of the day. Disgusting by all accounts.
These people landed to his door at 11 on sunday night and went through this all in front of his wife, daughter etc. Now whilst not showing the wife and daughters face you could hear the daughter crying. This all going out on facebook live. WTF. Surely the best thing in that instance is to hand the evidence to the police and let them deal with it. If you want to expose him then surely there are better ways than facebook live. Its the family who pick up the pieces afterwards. Imagine a teenage daughter knowing 3.5k people were watching all that. How is she meant to face the real world. The whole thing sicked me entirely. Obviously what he did disgusts me that goes without saying.

He killed himself the next day also.

Terrible situation.

What I have an issue with is these bastards trying to groom kids in the first place, f**k him one less pervert to worry about.

tyrone girl

I dont think you get my point.

Im not showing any sympathy with him whatsoever. Its his family! What about his daughter? No matter about his actions, does she deserve that shown on facebook live?

punt kick

What about any criminal / sc**bag - should their trial be in secret in case an innocent family member is affected by what the tr**p did.  I have no time for these vigilantes but even less time for some pervert who thought he was going to meet a 13 year old for sex.

tyrone girl

Where did i say keep it secret entirely? At least with a trial or whatever the children/ wife have time to prepare for whats coming towards them.
Facebook live means its out there immediately for thousands to see right away.

I dont get why u continue to go on about how little time you have for a pervert. That goes without saying and you are no different in that thinking than anyone else!! He wasnt my point in the original post but you know that already.

general_lee

These vigilante groups think they're helping but this isn't always the case. Yes it's great targeting predators and that is to be commended but how they go about it isn't always effective. If they have evidence to suggest someone might harm a child then the best course of action is to go the police. Taking it further like they did in Dunloy hasn't exactly had the best outcome, and in some cases they may end up compromising investigations.

punt kick

You reap what you sow.  Very much doubt any action would have happened if that evidence went to the police, he didnt meet a young girl? didnt download any inappropriate material? he thought he was talking to a girl and was talking to a man / men trying to entrap him.

tyrone girl

Thats the point i was trying to make. You just said it more effectively than i did  :-\

tyrone girl

Quote from: punt kick on August 10, 2017, 12:34:45 PM
You reap what you sow.  Very much doubt any action would have happened if that evidence went to the police, he didnt meet a young girl? didnt download any inappropriate material? he thought he was talking to a girl and was talking to a man / men trying to entrap him.

So you think his daughter deserved to be crying on facebook live for all to see/ hear whilst they read out the filth her father was writing online?

Taylor

Punt kick you seem to be missing the point.

TG hasnt mentioned anything about the actual perpetrator - its more the daughter and family she is talking about.

One can only assume you support knee capping, punishment beatings, eye for eye systems in place in the middle East etc?

punt kick

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 10, 2017, 12:36:22 PM

So you think his daughter deserved to be crying on facebook live for all to see/ hear whilst they read out the filth her father was writing online?

Her father put her in that position no one else.

punt kick

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2017, 12:37:38 PM

TG hasnt mentioned anything about the actual perpetrator - its more the daughter and family she is talking about.

One can only assume you support knee capping, punishment beatings, eye for eye systems in place in the middle East etc?

I think sexual abuse of a child / vulnerable person is one of the worse crimes out there, you can assume whatever you want.

Taylor

Quote from: punt kick on August 10, 2017, 12:40:19 PM

I think sexual abuse of a child / vulnerable person is one of the worse crimes out there, you can assume whatever you want.

Completely agree but why have any sort of law then?

Lets return to the Wild West and anyone can dish out justice

tyrone girl

Quote from: punt kick on August 10, 2017, 12:39:05 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on August 10, 2017, 12:36:22 PM

Her father put her in that position no one else.

So she deserved that?

punt kick

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2017, 12:41:15 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 10, 2017, 12:40:19 PM

Completely agree but why have any sort of law then?

Lets return to the Wild West and anyone can dish out justice

Who dished out what, no one touched this individual.