Tommy Tiernan's tasteless "joke" about Arlene Foster

Started by T Fearon, April 26, 2017, 06:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Is it just me,or do people generally find,with the exception of Pat Shortt,Freestate comedians (and I use that term losely) to be lewd,obnoxious and generally not funny?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on April 26, 2017, 06:47:49 PM
Is it just me,or do people generally find,with the exception of Pat Shortt,Freestate comedians (and I use that term losely) to be lewd,obnoxious and generally not funny?

It's just you, I'm afraid!  ;)

imtommygunn

It is a bit rich you calling anyone else's jokes tasteless.

seafoid

No. Some of them are very good.  Who would you class as funny anyway ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

They can't all have the talent of May McFetteridge
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Eamonnca1

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on April 26, 2017, 07:10:42 PM
What was the joke?
"If she wasn't in politics I can see her working single-handedly on a tiny little farm in south Fermanagh driving cattle up some country lane."

Tiernan then impersonated Foster, saying: "Go on you pups, you fenian bastards ye, go up you fenian... Friesian Arlene, they are called Friesian, Arlene. I'll call them what I want."

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2017, 06:55:34 PM

It is a bit rich you calling anyone else's jokes tasteless.

Typical of T Fearon to do it though.  ::)

Crete Boom

I always wonder did these lads meet Fearon before coming up with this sketch , https://youtu.be/7l4JA4C3Qis !!

StGallsGAA

The BBC  have decided to edit Tommy's joke out of the replay of the show.  They've also edited out his reference to Bloody Sunday - someone must have thought that was tasteless too even though he wasn't making a joke.

Orior

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 26, 2017, 08:45:20 PM
The BBC  have decided to edit Tommy's joke out of the replay of the show.  They've also edited out his reference to Bloody Sunday - someone must have thought that was tasteless too Eben though he wasn't making a joke.

I'm not keen on Tiernan's 'shock' humour. But then there are comedians that I think are hilarious and others just don't get it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians