Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 11, 2018, 12:17:44 AM
You're not wrong there. I don't know how other folk on this board do things but I go to the doctors regularly to get myself checked out.  Well actually it's the nurse I go to see. I've high blood pressure and poor cholesterol and am overweight but I'm getting everything under control. Nurse checks weight and BP every 6 weeks and I get my bloods done about every 6 months (or maybe it's 12 months). Point is getting those checks gives me a fighting chance as regards diagnosing the big C and other things. Lads you should all be doing the same

Always pictured you as a younger man, fit and well.  Did you have to ask for this regime or does your practice offer it to all men.  Was hoping that my own practice would be having an MOT for men over a certain milestone. 

Square Ball

I get blood pressure and cholesterol checked regurally, on tablets for both. Even got it checked to see if the cholesterol was hereditary. Better to be safe than sorry.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 11, 2018, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 11, 2018, 12:17:44 AM
You're not wrong there. I don't know how other folk on this board do things but I go to the doctors regularly to get myself checked out.  Well actually it's the nurse I go to see. I've high blood pressure and poor cholesterol and am overweight but I'm getting everything under control. Nurse checks weight and BP every 6 weeks and I get my bloods done about every 6 months (or maybe it's 12 months). Point is getting those checks gives me a fighting chance as regards diagnosing the big C and other things. Lads you should all be doing the same

Always pictured you as a younger man, fit and well.  Did you have to ask for this regime or does your practice offer it to all men.  Was hoping that my own practice would be having an MOT for men over a certain milestone.
I had been going about every. 6 months or so, encouraged by my doctor, but I'm now going to the nurse every 6 weeks as an incentive to keep up my weight loss. Mind you my blood pressure is so well controlled it's now on the low side and as I'm walking 5 miles 3 or 4 times a week I'm feeling fit.
Careful now

T Fearon

They wonder why GPs are under so much pressure.Why are people so paranoid? When your time's up your time's up,nothing will stop this.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on February 11, 2018, 10:40:19 PM
They wonder why GPs are under so much pressure.Why are people so paranoid? When your time's up your time's up,nothing will stop this.

Jesus wept  :-X

longballin

told yis told yis he's sick in the head

BennyCake

Jesus T man. Behave yourself. Lads trying to genuinely help each other out here.

Milltown Row2

When yours is up they'll be lining up with jokes for a year!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

As long as they are good jokes.Seriously hypochondriacs are exerting unnecessary pressure on the NHS.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on February 12, 2018, 09:25:01 AM
As long as they are good jokes.Seriously hypochondriacs are exerting unnecessary pressure on the NHS.
Early relatively inexpensive detection prevents unnecessary expensive late intervention.

Milltown Row2

Well the standard isnt that high.. Ive hardly put them under pressure, Havent been in 36 years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Action Cancer offer an MOT for free.  They are outside of NHS and would be grateful for a few pounds in a donation afterwards, though not required.

tonto1888

I get this line of thought and would subscribe to it myself but sometimes you cant be too careful. My dad passed away from cancer a few years ago. What he thought was a toothache ended up being a tumour

Square Ball

Thoughts are with the family and friends of young Kayden Fleck who so tragically lost his life. RIP.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

paddyjohn

Shocking news. I've been up around Ballymena this morning through work and its the topic on everybodys lips. Parents just married a few weeks ago and the story is heartbreaking. His twin jumped in to try to save him.

I'll hug my kids all the tighter tonight.