Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Boycey

I would be genuinely shocked if there is anybody actually upset by any of Tony's posts on this thread. Much worse things are passed as comments by various people regularly on multiple threads.

If you are offended I'd suggest a generally anonymous Internet forum isn't the place for you

longballin

Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2017, 01:30:59 PM
I would be genuinely shocked if there is anybody actually upset by any of Tony's posts on this thread. Much worse things are passed as comments by various people regularly on multiple threads.

If you are offended I'd suggest a generally anonymous Internet forum isn't the place for you

why? do you think an anonymous forum gives licence to say whatever you want? Though I'll give Tony one thing he's not anonymous on this...

Rossfan

True. Tony is very much OUT here.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2013, 05:55:03 PM

I swear three out of every four of these announcements are for people I thought were long gone already.

Whicker always struck me as a sleazy ould hoor.

No criticism was ever forthcoming.

T Fearon

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 01, 2013, 02:24:47 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 01, 2013, 11:29:16 AM
David Frost. Well known broadcaster dead from a heart attack!

"Hello, good evening & wel....................."

No criticism forthcoming

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2017, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 01, 2013, 02:24:47 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 01, 2013, 11:29:16 AM
David Frost. Well known broadcaster dead from a heart attack!

"Hello, good evening & wel....................."

No criticism forthcoming

you went back over four years to find that  :o

T Fearon

T Fearon

All part of this thread.Only recently people seem to be taking offence

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2017, 02:57:23 PM

Snowflake generation
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2017, 02:57:23 PM

think it is the relentless nature of such unfunny jokes like you seem to feel obliged on every occassion now to make a joke except when its local people... but joke on the 40 year old woman dying of cancer was a wee bit hard to stomach as the bigger picture was the tragedy of her death rather than a tennis joke

T Fearon

I didn't joke about her dying,I know all about losing someone young to cancer.I made a joke about her funeral,a pun on her fabulous career.

There are far worse comments about the deaths of people on the posts I've just reproduced today.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2017, 03:06:58 PM
I didn't joke about her dying,I know all about losing someone young to cancer.I made a joke about her funeral,a pun on her fabulous career.

There are far worse comments about the deaths of people on the posts I've just reproduced today.

aye most of us have lost people close to us, I lost a sister in that hospice in Newry doesnt give me free reign to turn death of young woman from cancer into a joke...

Boycey

I'm genuinely interested here longballin, is mine and the others who think it's harmless craic opinion less valid than yours? It's a forum not everyone is going to agree with you..

The original post that irks you seems to be the one about Nvotna, unlike you i just see a lame joke about tennis.. I have (current) experience surrounding cancer too so I'm not making light of cancer in any way.

What do you think of the examples Tony has brought up? The only difference I see is that they are funny. I think I made a quip on here a couple of weeks back about Malcolm Young being on a Highway to Hell, I certainly wasn't being offensive AC/DC were my favourite band of all time..

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2017, 05:35:26 PM
I'm genuinely interested here longballin, is mine and the others who think it's harmless craic opinion less valid than yours? It's a forum not everyone is going to agree with you..

The original post that irks you seems to be the one about Nvotna, unlike you i just see a lame joke about tennis.. I have (current) experience surrounding cancer too so I'm not making light of cancer in any way.

What do you think of the examples Tony has brought up? The only difference I see is that they are funny. I think I made a quip on here a couple of weeks back about Malcolm Young being on a Highway to Hell, I certainly wasn't being offensive AC/DC were my favourite band of all time..

+1
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'