Mandatory covid 19 vaccination

Started by grounded, November 21, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Covid 19 vaccination(s) become mandatory by law in Ireland(North and South)?

Yes
45 (50%)
No
45 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: November 24, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 24, 2021, 09:47:21 PM
Getting the booster tomorrow, no big deal, nothing to see here.
but still posting about it

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2021, 10:45:41 AM
got my 1st covid jab yesterday afternoon (Moderna) only side effect so far is a sore arm. had flu jab last week and have to get the pneumonia jab in a couple of weeks as well due to it being in my lungs when I had Covid.
would have been a hell of a lot easier to have got the Covid jab when I should have earlier in the year.

How's the energy levels Clar if you don't mind me asking?

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on November 25, 2021, 11:20:49 AM
got my 1st covid jab yesterday afternoon (Moderna) only side effect so far is a sore arm. had flu jab last week and have to get the pneumonia jab in a couple of weeks as well due to it being in my lungs when I had Covid.
would have been a hell of a lot easier to have got the Covid jab when I should have earlier in the year.

I have improved a good bit and people say I look healthier but at same time I only walk from room to room or a bit outside the house as I don't want to push it. Going up the stairs is still a real killer. It's just going to take time but my aim is to try and start doing 15-20 min walks in January and see how that goes.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2021, 11:39:34 AM

I have improved a good bit and people say I look healthier but at same time I only walk from room to room or a bit outside the house as I don't want to push it. Going up the stairs is still a real killer. It's just going to take time but my aim is to try and start doing 15-20 min walks in January and see how that goes.

Good man, you'll know how much you can do. I know my good friend would build up her walks by counting lampposts. A higher number was a wee victory. The wee victorys all build up.

imtommygunn

Jesus that's rough. I mind doing a climb at serious altitude and there were wee markers that you started off with count 10 and got down to 1. Sounds a bit like that. Glad you are improving anyway Clarshack.

TabClear

That's tough Clar. What age are you if its not too personal? A  cousin of mine (41) had Covid in the summer and while he did not really have too much bother other than a couple of days feeling fluey he was grand. However he would have been a big runner and he says he cant get back to anywhere near the pace he was at pre Covid. He was doing 10ks in about 42 minutes pre covid and now he is at about 47minutes. I think when he went back at it a month post Covid he was up at 50 minutes+. I realise it does not come close to what you are going through but shows that the impact can linger even if you think you only get a mild dose of teh virus at the time.

grounded

Great to hear you are feeling much better. Best of luck on recovery.

Mikhail Prokhorov

aren't you anti vax  ???

lurganblue

Not that i'm too worried about this but has anyone got a booster that is different from their first 2, eg Pfizer first 2 and moderna the booster?

Just wondering

imtommygunn

People were getting different first jabs from second jabs too. I am not sure the answer but am sure it's a thing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on November 26, 2021, 09:04:38 AM
Not that i'm too worried about this but has anyone got a booster that is different from their first 2, eg Pfizer first 2 and moderna the booster?

Just wondering

All the same, though my wife is getting a different booster next week... lucky girl  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Just wondering

Pfizer 1/2 and Moderna booster. Sore head for a day after the booster, but all good

naka

Quote from: JoG2 on November 26, 2021, 10:36:50 AM

Just wondering

Pfizer 1/2 and Moderna booster. Sore head for a day after the booster, but all good
Same here
Felt crap after booster
But all good now

themac_23

is there a way to upload your booster to the App? I can only see where it asks for 1st and 2nd dose

RedHand88

Quote from: themac_23 on November 26, 2021, 01:02:01 PM
is there a way to upload your booster to the App? I can only see where it asks for 1st and 2nd dose

I could be wrong but I think it only covers the first 2 doses for now.