China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Think schools will close 17th.

But should prob close on 14th tbh. Schools seem to be a major issue,
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

I know someone who's children got it, had stay at home but she could still attend work as long as her tests every few days or whatever the recommended test period is, stayed clear.

Wildweasel74

This issue was going on in schools last year and stormont pretended schools weren't a main spreader, couldn't made it up.

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 01, 2021, 03:34:33 PM
I know someone who's children got it, had stay at home but she could still attend work as long as her tests every few days or whatever the recommended test period is, stayed clear.

That is the rule if you're vaccinated and someone in the house has it you don't have to isolate unless you get a positive test but you still have to get tested day 2 and day 8!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 01, 2021, 03:34:33 PM

I know a few couples where one got it and the other didn't. Also our one year old got it and neither me nor my wife got it from him.

Yeah the day 2 and day 8 thing is a bit mad.

trileacman

Can someone explain the logic of ramping up a booster programme that will soon be made redundant by omicrons mutations?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trueblue1234

Quote from: trileacman on December 01, 2021, 04:28:19 PM
Can someone explain the logic of ramping up a booster programme that will soon be made redundant by omicrons mutations?
Is it definitely useless against Omicron? I suppose given the level of Delta currently around it makes sense to still protect against it. I'm in on Thursday to get both booster and flu shot.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Do we know that it will be redundant?

Or just less effective?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on December 01, 2021, 04:50:47 PM

Or just less effective?
moderna made 14 million profit in 2019 so far this year it's about 11 billion for 3 quarters

J70

Quote from: Gmac on December 01, 2021, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 01, 2021, 04:50:47 PM

Or just less effective?
moderna made 14 million profit in 2019 so far this year it's about 11 billion for 3 quarters

That they're on a similar course to 2019 is relevant to what I said, how, exactly?

lenny

Pfizer are saying their vaccine still gives really good protection from omicron based on preliminary data. Delta is still dominant and will be for a while yet so it's good to get as much protection from it also.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: J70 on December 01, 2021, 04:57:17 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 01, 2021, 04:54:28 PM

That they're on a similar course to 2019 is relevant to what I said, how, exactly?

For once he's right.

Net income up to end Sept is plus ~ $7 billion.
Same period in 2020 was minus ~ $0.5 billion.
Same period in 2019 was minus ~ $0.4 billion.
Same period in 2018 was minus ~ $0.25 billion.

That's pretty hideous.

Of course, as you say, is that relevant to whether the vaccine is redundant or just less effective?
i usse an speelchekor

Farrandeelin

Is it only Pfizer doing boosters?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 01, 2021, 10:05:37 PM
Is it only Pfizer doing boosters?
Moderna in the chemists and GP surgeries I think and Pfizer in hospital/mass vaccination settings due to storage requirements.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 01, 2021, 04:42:07 PM
Is it definitely useless against Omicron? I suppose given the level of Delta currently around it makes sense to still protect against it. I'm in on Thursday to get both booster and flu shot.
They won't stop the booster programme. The annual flu jab gets adjusted all the time depending on what's in circulation in the community so "in theory" I'd expect the booster to get adjusted (if required) and new batches released seamlessly, however the murmurings seem to suggest existing vaccines will give a good level of protection, but time will tell.