Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane.

Started by EC Unique, March 09, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2014, 08:23:49 PM
Surely in this day and age, with all the technology* available to airlines and air traffic control centres, the last known whereabouts of this plane shouldn't be that much of a mystery?!

*Providing it works.

The last known whereabouts is not a mystery.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2014, 09:20:53 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2014, 08:23:49 PM
Surely in this day and age, with all the technology* available to airlines and air traffic control centres, the last known whereabouts of this plane shouldn't be that much of a mystery?!

*Providing it works.

The last known whereabouts is not a mystery.  ;)
f**k up you  :)

orangeman

Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines plane suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a source has said, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage.

International police agency Interpol confirmed that two passengers on the flight had used stolen Austrian and Italian passports, raising suspicions of foul play.

An Interpol spokeswoman said a check of all documents used to board the plane had revealed more "suspect passports" that were being further investigated.  

She was unable to say how many, or from which country or countries.

Malaysia's state news agency quoted Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi as saying the passengers using the stolen European passports were of Asian appearance, and criticising border officials who let them through.

"I am still perturbed. Can't these immigration officials think? Italian and Austrian (passport holders) but with Asian faces," he was quoted as saying.

muppet

Have a read of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Despite being blown up at 31,000' 120 miles off the coast of Cork in 1985, they still managed to recover and reconstruct most of the airframe:

MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Scary admissions here.

There is a brisk trade in stolen passports in South East Asia and Interpol currently has 39 million stolen or lost passports recorded in its database - equivalent to the population of Poland.

"Any flight of that size in Asia would be carrying a couple of people with false passports," said Clive Williams, a counter-terrorism expert at Macquarie university in Australia.

"When you think about the number of passports that have been stolen or gone missing around the world, it could be related, but it is probably not."

However, others said if it was a coincidence, it was a remarkable one.

"What are the chances that one person boards a Malaysia Airlines plane on a stolen Caucasian passport?" asked one aviation expert who asked not to be named. "Maybe it is one in a thousand. Two? One in a million," he added.

Initially, Malaysia Airlines had played down the use of two stolen passports, saying that any passengers headed to Beijing would have had to apply for a Chinese visa.

Apparently so

There is definitely something dodgy here imo. To me, it looks like they are trying to cover something up. Surely there would be some sort of warning to the pilots that something was wrong with the plane and they would have called it in? f**k knows

God Bless all those folk

armaghniac

This is very strange. If the plane blew up in mid air there would be debris across a wide area and by now you would expect that some of this would have been spotted. If the plane descended in an orderly way then you would expect some sort of mayday message. It seems likely by now that the plane was off its route, as they have so much difficulty finding any trace of it. The fake passports might be sinister, or they might just be people attempting illegal immigration to Europe (they were booked on to Copenhagen and Frankfurt).

Very sad, in any case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

There will be the usual calls for increased security and the general public will be assured.

There's probably a very simple answer to this question but how did they know so quickly after the plane went down that there were stolen passports on board ?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2014, 10:07:47 AM
There will be the usual calls for increased security and the general public will be assured.

There's probably a very simple answer to this question but how did they know so quickly after the plane went down that there were stolen passports on board ?

I presume a simple check against the Interpol database. Wouldn't take too long to check 200 odd passports.

orangeman

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 10, 2014, 10:09:37 AM

I presume a simple check against the Interpol database. Wouldn't take too long to check 200 odd passports.

Aye I was thinking that.

So by the same token it wouldn't take long to check for stolen passports either if they were on a global airline security data base and as soon as a passport were presented by a passenger, the alarm bells would ring if it was recognised as being stolen.

It works both ways.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2014, 10:23:22 AM

Aye I was thinking that.

So by the same token it wouldn't take long to check for stolen passports either if they were on a global airline security data base and as soon as a passport were presented by a passenger, the alarm bells would ring if it was recognised as being stolen.

It works both ways.

The Chinese have gave press conferances condemning the lax Malaysian security.

I thought the press would be all over the 5 passengers who checked in but never made the flight, maybe held up in the restaurant etc.. talk about a lucky escape.

orangeman

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 10, 2014, 10:28:44 AM

Aye I was thinking that.

It works both ways.

I thought the press would be all over the 5 passengers who checked in but never made the flight, maybe held up in the restaurant etc.. talk about a lucky escape.

Or maybe they got their "luggage" on board an decided not to travel ?

Maybe it wasn't luck at all ?

DennistheMenace

Yeah there are so many conspiracy theories and hyperbole being thrown around by the media. It's unusual it's taken this long to identify a wreckage in this day in age and nothing was picked up by US satilettes or radar but I remember the Air France crash taking a few days too. You'd expect that upon impact on water tha plane would leave a wreckage for miles.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2014, 10:32:59 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 10, 2014, 10:28:44 AM

Aye I was thinking that.

It works both ways.

Or maybe they got their "luggage" on board an decided not to travel ?

Maybe it wasn't luck at all ?

Generally they don't allow the luggage to be on the plane unless the passengers are on it. It's usually taken off, I've been delayed this way before
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DennistheMenace

It was confirmed that the luggage of the 5 people who didn't board was taken off the flight.