America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 30, 2021, 05:15:23 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later.

Their young daughter has to pay with her life. :'(

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mom-daughter-mistaken-intruder-father-fatally-shot-82002999

I have a friend who's a big gun enthusiast and NRA member

Correct protocol in the event of an intruder are: (IIRC)

Arm yourself
Have your family shelter in a secure location
Call 911
Loudly identify yourself and state that the police are on the way, you are armed and willing to use deadly force
Command the intruder to leave

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 30, 2021, 07:02:56 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mom-daughter-mistaken-intruder-father-fatally-shot-82002999

Arm yourself
Call 911
Loudly identify yourself and state that the police are on the way, you are armed and willing to use deadly force

And if you are a cop you just have to say I was in fear fir my life, gets you off the hook every time. The case of Tamir Rice, a 12 year old with a toy gun
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

J70

Arm yourself
Call 911

Your friend sounds like a responsible and well-trained person.

Unfortunately, the NRA and their political pawns don't want any laws or regulations that might require gun owners to be responsible and well trained.

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 07:22:11 PM

Arm yourself
Call 911

And if you are a cop you just have to say I was in fear fir my life, gets you off the hook every time. The case of Tamir Rice, a 12 year old with a toy gun

While tragic, after a thorough investigation by the DOJ, the officers were found innocent of any wrongdoing

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-closing-investigation-2014-officer-involved-shooting-cleveland

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 30, 2021, 09:30:38 PM

Arm yourself
Call 911

While tragic, after a thorough investigation by the DOJ, the officers were found innocent of any wrongdoing

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-closing-investigation-2014-officer-involved-shooting-cleveland

You watch the footage? The child was 12! Only a f**king psycho would shoot dead a 12 year old. Any defending of this incident will tell you more about the person defending it.

I think the cop was sacked after they found out he was a nut job anyways!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 30, 2021, 09:30:38 PM

Arm yourself
Call 911

You watch the footage? The child was 12! Only a f**king psycho would shoot dead a 12 year old. Any defending of this incident will tell you more about the person defending it.

I think the cop was sacked after they found out he was a nut job anyways!

"At approximately 3:11 p.m., an individual made a "911" call to report that a "guy with a pistol" was pointing a gun at multiple people on the playground at the CPRC.  The caller gave a detailed description of the individual, stated that he was "probably a juvenile," and that the gun was "probably fake," but he also described the scene as very frightening.  On the date of the incident, Tamir was 12-years-old and stood 5'7" and 195 lbs.

A 911 dispatcher subsequently broadcast the call as a "Code 1" (the highest priority call) and Officers Garmback and Loehmann radioed that they would respond.  The information the dispatcher relayed to Officers Garmback and Loehmann was "there's a black male sitting on the swing.  He's wearing a camouflage hat, a gray jacket with black sleeves.  He keeps pulling a gun out of his pants and pointing it at people."  The dispatcher did not relay that the individual might be a juvenile or that the gun might be fake.  Thus, the officers believed that they were responding to a playground where a grown man was brandishing a real gun at individuals, presumably including children."

Milltown Row2

Read it and watched the interview after of the police guy who shot the kid, you can highlight that all day, if you don't know the difference between a child of 12 and an adult then you need your head examined.

Anyone defending his murder is a sick fcuk. No assessment was made at the time, it took 2 seconds for the cop to kill a child with a toy gun!

So guessing by your response you feel it's justified,and if you own kid was in the park with a toy gun and killed because of it, you'd be ok with the findings?

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 10:52:07 PM
Read it and watched the interview after of the police guy who shot the kid, you can highlight that all day, if you don't know the difference between a child of 12 and an adult then you need your head examined.

Anyone defending his murder is a sick fcuk. No assessment was made at the time, it took 2 seconds for the cop to kill a child with a toy gun!

So guessing by your response you feel it's justified,and if you own kid was in the park with a toy gun and killed because of it, you'd be ok with the findings?

Who said I'm defending it

I laid out the facts of the case

Cops have split second, life and each decisions to make every single day

Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 30, 2021, 11:17:02 PM

Split second? The kid was in the park for a while, they drove straight up to the kid, if you watch the footage, why go so close if it was a dangerous code 1? (if you've kids, you'll know difference in a nano second) within 2 seconds the kid was dead.

The cop shouldn't have been employed as he lied and no checks were made when he moved to the Cleveland police force.

Chasing a cracked out adult around the city I can understand, shooting dead a 12 year old with a toy gun is hard to understand.

Code 1 seems like a licence to have an opportunity to murder a child, or mention that you felt threatened in this case.

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 11:31:54 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 30, 2021, 11:17:02 PM

Split second? The kid was in the park for a while, they drove straight up to the kid, if you watch the footage, why go so close if it was a dangerous code 1? (if you've kids, you'll know difference in a nano second) within 2 seconds the kid was dead.

The cop shouldn't have been employed as he lied and no checks were made when he moved to the Cleveland police force.

Chasing a cracked out adult around the city I can understand, shooting dead a 12 year old with a toy gun is hard to understand.

Code 1 seems like a licence to have an opportunity to murder a child, or mention that you felt threatened in this case.

LOL

READ THE REPORT

"Meanwhile, Officer Garmback applied the brakes in an attempt to stop the patrol car, but due to the wet conditions on the ground the car did not stop where he intended and instead slid forward approximately 40 feet. "

To me the dispatcher is just as much to blame as the officers

Milltown Row2

Milltown Row2

Now, I'm not sure what your take of 40 feet is but the footage shows it stops the car 4 feet away and they  shoot the 12 year old, they call it in after the shooting saying black male down.

They must have had black insulation tape over their eyes to get this so wrong.

Milltown Row2