The Real Laoislad

Date   

February 8   Republic of Ireland   v   Wales
February 9   Northern Ireland     v   Scotland
May 23   Republic of Ireland   v   Northern Ireland
May 24   Wales   v   Scotland
May 26   Wales   v   Northern Ireland
May 27   Republic of Ireland   v   Scotland

Matches should be more competitive than some of the dreadful friendlies that we have to endure.
Are any of you fellas from the 6 counties coming down to Dublin to support your team against Scotland this week?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Is the Norn Iron game being played in Dublin?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on February 05, 2011, 11:55:53 PM

All the matches are in Dublin.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 05, 2011, 11:56:59 PM

All the matches are in Dublin.

are the seats well screwed down in in the new stadium
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

MW

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 05, 2011, 11:52:48 PM
Date   

Matches should be more competitive than some of the dreadful friendlies that we have to endure.
Are any of you fellas from the 6 counties coming down to Dublin to support your team against Scotland this week?

I'll be there - can't say I was massively enthused by the Nations Cup at first but looking forward to the trip now!

cicfada

Quote from: MW on February 06, 2011, 01:32:40 PM
Date   

I'll be there - can't say I was massively enthused by the Nations Cup at first but looking forward to the trip now!

As huge a security risk at it would be they need england  to give this tournament any gravitas!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: cicfada on February 06, 2011, 01:39:32 PM
Quote from: MW on February 06, 2011, 01:32:40 PM
Date   

As huge a security risk at it would be they need england  to give this tournament any gravitas!!

Yeah maybe,I think it would be better again if they played the matches on a rotating home/away basis.
It be far better if it was more like the rugby 6 nations for example and it would at least mean the stadiums would be more than likely full for most matches,I can't see too many going to Northern Ireland v Scotland but if it was in Hamden or Windsor Park it would get a bigger crowd...I wonder could they play this game in Parnell Park instead of the Aviva  ;)

Anyways I'm going to go along tuesday night and will go to a few if not all the games with the other nations in May as well as Irelands games.As I was saying they should be better than some of the friendlies over the last few years.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Big Puff

Great banner made, which should be on show in the upcoming games at the aviva

The Real Laoislad

Ian Rush on FAI Awards show on RTE 2 now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone else think Trap looks awful,he doesn't seem like a healthy man to me anyways.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

Anyone know why Scotland are playing NI in Dublin?  Do they expect to get a crowd for this at all?  Surely won't be above 10,000 and I'd be shocked if it gets close to that.
This would have made sense if they played it on a 6 nations style or like the old home championships (which norn iron still hold I believe?).

MW

Quote from: Big Puff on February 06, 2011, 02:04:17 PM
Great banner made, which should be on show in the upcoming games at the aviva

Super...good to see the banner-makers valuing all ROI players equally there :o

The fact there are two teams in Ireland is an ongoing defeat for these sort of characters :)

MW

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 01:58:15 PM
Anyways I'm going to go along tuesday night and will go to a few if not all the games with the other nations in May as well as Irelands games.As I was saying they should be better than some of the friendlies over the last few years.

Yeah some of NI's friendlies over the past few years have been lacking in much enthusiasm or entertainment - hopefully these Cup games will add a bit more spice.

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 06, 2011, 08:56:47 PM
Anyone know why Scotland are playing NI in Dublin?  Do they expect to get a crowd for this at all?  Surely won't be above 10,000 and I'd be shocked if it gets close to that.
This would have made sense if they played it on a 6 nations style or like the old home championships (which norn iron still hold I believe?).

Indeed NI do still hold that title...as we like to remind our former competitors from time to time :) Originally the Home Internationals were played through the season but towards the end they were moved to the end of the season over a couple of weeks.

For the Carling Nations Cup they've gone for a different approach again - play all the games in one venue, but start in February and play the concluding games in March. Time will tell whether it works, I would agree that games not involving the ROI won't get much over the 10,000 attendance mark.

magpie seanie

I see our captain fantastic has pulled out with an injury.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 06, 2011, 08:56:47 PM

Yeah said the same thing myself,I think this tournament would have a better chance of succeeding if the games were playing on a rotating home and away basis.
You'll Never Walk Alone.