Carling Nations Cup

Started by The Real Laoislad, February 05, 2011, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 08:54:46 PM
Anyone else think Trap looks awful,he doesn't seem like a healthy man to me anyways.

No looks like a normal 71 year old! i think Kenny Dalglish is a bit shook looking though might be because i hadn't seen him on telly for 10 years?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Coleman and Clark to start for Ireland

Seamus Coleman and Ciaran Clark will both make their Republic of Ireland international debuts on Tuesday night when Giovanni Trapattoni's men take on Wales in the Carling Nations Cup.

Coleman has been one of the stand-out players of the season for his club Everton, while Clarke has cemented his place in the Aston Villa squad under Gerard Houllier.

Both will start against Wales with Clark at left-back and Coleman on the right-wing in midfield.

Trapattonni has confirmed 10 of his line-up, but is yet to decide between Darron Gibson and Paul Green in the centre of midfield alongside Glenn Whelan.

Stoke City striker Jonathan Walters will make his first senior international start up front alongside Wolves' Kevin Doyle, having been introduced as a substitute in the last game against Norway.

Republic of Ireland team to play Wales at the Aviva Stadium in the Carling Nations Cup:

Shay Given, John O'Shea, Sean St Ledger, Richard Dunne, Ciaran Clark, Seamus Coleman, Glenn Whelan, Paul Green/Darron Gibson, Jonathan Walters, Kevin Doyle.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

trileacman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 07, 2011, 06:46:17 PM

Seamus Coleman and Ciaran Clark will both make their Republic of Ireland international debuts on Tuesday night when Giovanni Trapattoni's men take on Wales in the Carling Nations Cup.

Coleman has been one of the stand-out players of the season for his club Everton, while Clarke has cemented his place in the Aston Villa squad under Gerard Houllier.

Both will start against Wales with Clark at left-back and Coleman on the right-wing in midfield.

Trapattonni has confirmed 10 of his line-up, but is yet to decide between Darron Gibson and Paul Green in the centre of midfield alongside Glenn Whelan.

Stoke City striker Jonathan Walters will make his first senior international start up front alongside Wolves' Kevin Doyle, having been introduced as a substitute in the last game against Norway.

Republic of Ireland team to play Wales at the Aviva Stadium in the Carling Nations Cup:

Shay Given, John O'Shea, Sean St Ledger, Richard Dunne, Ciaran Clark, Seamus Coleman, Glenn Whelan, Paul Green/Darron Gibson, Jonathan Walters, Kevin Doyle.
thats just ten. Who's the3 eleventh man?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Big Puff

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: trileacman on February 07, 2011, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 07, 2011, 06:46:17 PM

thats just ten. Who's the3 eleventh man?

My bad,poor copy and pasting on my part.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Feckitt

The reason that these matches are not being played home and away is because Northern Ireland do not have a stadium.

Big Puff

Quote from: Feckitt on February 07, 2011, 09:35:51 PM
The reason that these matches are not being played home and away is because Northern Ireland do not have a stadium.

Sure they play games at windsor. i think its getting revamped soon also.

ziggysego

Quote from: Big Puff on February 07, 2011, 09:53:37 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 07, 2011, 09:35:51 PM

Sure they play games at windsor. i think its getting revamped soon also.

Don't know that it's a revamp. More of a tidy up, I think.
Testing Accessibility

J OGorman

these games not on terrestrial TV live?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on February 07, 2011, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 08:54:46 PM
Anyone else think Trap looks awful,he doesn't seem like a healthy man to me anyways.

i think Kenny Dalglish is a bit shook looking though might be because i hadn't seen him on telly for 10 years?

I think that's just from watching Liverpool the first half of the season under Hodgson.

ross4life

Was that RLL & his mate i spotted running onto the field?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Nice 1st irish goal for Gibson

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Poor enough game,second half was slightly better than 1st.
3 good goals especially Gibsons.
Nice to get a win all the same,I'd imagine the game v the North will have more bite to it.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Denn Forever

Who is that Walters guy?  Looks like he is a bouncer.  Some strike by Gibson.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...