Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

I'll say one think for Sinn Fein, after the scandal in UK about MPs having second jobs, no fear of any of them having a second job! Not too many had first jobs before they became politicians in the first place!

Don Johnson

Quote from: Louther on November 16, 2021, 01:40:04 PM
I'll say one think for Sinn Fein, after the scandal in UK about MPs having second jobs, no fear of any of them having a second job! Not too many had first jobs before they became politicians in the first place!

Haha LOL thats class mate.

Saffrongael

Sinn Féin councillors did not declare community group links during £2m Covid funding process - Belfast Live

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/sinn-fin-councillors-not-declare-22249142 :o

I'm shocked

I didn't even think stuff like this was newsworthy as there aren't many journalists willing to report on it

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 30, 2021, 05:26:36 PM
Sinn Féin councillors did not declare community group links during £2m Covid funding process - Belfast Live

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/sinn-fin-councillors-not-declare-22249142 :o

I'm shocked

I didn't even think stuff like this was newsworthy as there aren't many journalists willing to report on it

Shock horror. Not be long until the people realise Derry SF was just sneak preview

Sportacus

£800k spent on a Flags, identity & culture report, and there are no actions planned.  Bunch of amateurs. 

Rossfan

Those of ye in the 26 thinking of voting for Sinn Féin.....
RTÉ1 tonight, "Case I can't forget"

Lest we forget, Gary and Patrick R I.P .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Strange hill for SF to die on with this ban on hunting with dogs...

What was so wrong with the wording of the legislation I wonder?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on December 07, 2021, 09:03:37 AM

nothing. Its about votes as it always is with them, running with foxes and the hounds again both sides of the border on policies

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2021, 09:13:36 AM

nothing. Its about votes as it always is with them, running with foxes and the hounds again both sides of the border on policies
Would SF have many votes within the fox-hunting community? I'd have thought that the SDLPs domain, along with House of Lords, poppies and what not

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on December 07, 2021, 09:47:48 AM

Would SF have many votes within the fox-hunting community? I'd have thought that the SDLPs domain, along with House of Lords, poppies and what not

Fox hunting here is mainly with lurchers, terriers- not your image of middle England. Same as broc hunting. Not a class thing, a defs not a religion thing. SDLP voted for bill btw

RedHand88

It's the story of thing carried out by yahoos and rednecks over here.

They should have backed the ban.

RedHand88

80% of the public back a ban, so how is this about votes? Isn't this the opposite?

Louther

Another example of why they'll struggle in power, when real decisions have to be made they hide and sit on the fence. Be it their voter base or inner group calling the shots they incapable of taking a position. If it's a simple decision like this, how can they handle bigger calls that will have to be made that affect then of thousands of people. They can't abstain then.

Also same old story with Covid restrictions coming back in, their first reaction is to shout for business supports and PUP payments and when that already been done they disappear avoid any commentary round the restrictions, in case they asked if they agree or disagree with them.

Everything can't be based on calling for a report into XYZ, in real life you make a decision and stand over it.

I still think they'll not field enough candidates in ROI at next election, be unable to form a majority and happily sit in opposition. They have no spine.