Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

dublin7

Celtic imploded, but Rangers were quality. They didn't play Celtic in their Europa League games. If you look at were Rangers were when Gerrard took over. He rebuilt that team. If he was as shit as some Celtic fans think he'd have been sacked and wouldn't get near the Villa job

Look-Up!

Quote from: dublin7 on November 13, 2021, 07:57:25 PM
Celtic imploded, but Rangers were quality. They didn't play Celtic in their Europa League games. If you look at were Rangers were when Gerrard took over. He rebuilt that team. If he was as shit as some Celtic fans think he'd have been sacked and wouldn't get near the Villa job
Have to agree with this. Rangers finished with 102 points, albeit 10 of those points came from the OF. But still, this is a huge huge improvement in where they were at and even without those extra 10 points they still would have pipped plenty of previous Celtic teams. Keeping those points, they would have competed with the very best of past Celtic greats.
It's probably easier to make a splash (with backing) in a club like Rangers in a league like Scotland so doesn't guarantee success in the PL but it's still a significant feather in the cap that not your everyday fool could achieve. I think Villa should be quite happy with they acquisition and likewise, it's a great club for him to really go and make a name for himself.

tonto1888

m
Rangers we're good and Gerard done a good job. I am not denying  that and I'm glad he's gone. That said they were under no pressure at all last year from Celtic from early on. It was obvious Celtic had gone and that gave them a bit more freedom

charlieTully

Curious how many hun games you watched last season ? Could you name 5 of their players without Google. You are actually making my hangover worse.

Main Street

I'd have expected Ange to make mincemeat out of Gerard, I'm sorry he's gone /shied away, he could see the tables had turned. Perhaps his timing is still sharp.

paddyjohn

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2021, 03:22:12 PM
I'd have expected Ange to make mincemeat out of Gerard, I'm sorry he's gone /shied away, he could see the tables had turned. Perhaps his timing is still sharp.

Would be more worried by GVB than Gerrard too. GVB did ok with Feyenoord and could prob get more out of the squad than one dimensional SG who's management style like his own playing style was largely based around diving for penos.

RIP Bertie. Sad he couldn't go out with Celtic as champions

charlieTully

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 14, 2021, 06:24:43 PM
RIP Bertie Auld.

RIP Bertie. Always around the club. A true gentleman. A lion. Hail hail.

Main Street

Quote from: StPatsAbu on November 14, 2021, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2021, 03:22:12 PM

Would be more worried by GVB than Gerrard too. GVB did ok with Feyenoord and could prob get more out of the squad than one dimensional SG who's management style like his own playing style was largely based around diving for penos.

RIP Bertie. Sad he couldn't go out with Celtic as champions
That's the thing, a new coach such as GVB could get the Rangers train moving again. In the first derby this season Celtic outplayed Rangers even with a new jumbled up team of novices along
with the £80m waste of space Eddy up front. A Rangers team, as they were developing this year with Gerrard, would not have been up to the challenge of an improved settled Celtic team with a competent manager in charge.

And Bertie Auld, what a vibrant character,  a man's man, lived his life to the full.

bennydorano

Why is Champagne Charlie continually sought out for his opinions on Celtic? Readimg his thoughts in the Irish News today and he hasn't come out with anything controversial - I just think he's a shithead!

toby47

Should be a first trophy for Ange in December.

red hander

Quote from: bennydorano on November 18, 2021, 02:56:27 PM
Why is Champagne Charlie continually sought out for his opinions on Celtic? Readimg his thoughts in the Irish News today and he hasn't come out with anything controversial - I just think he's a shithead!

Tory boy. Can't abide him.

Silver hill

Some day Celtic will be able to see out the last 10 mins and see the game out. Very shoddy in possession proved costly again

bennydorano

f**k that was frustrating, some performance by Joe Hart, could claim an assist for the goal too.

Targetman