Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

red hander

Apparently Slippy to Villa is a done deal if he's allowed to bring his entire backroom staff of Beaton, Madden, McLean, Dallas, Walsh and Robertson.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on November 10, 2021, 03:37:28 PM
If Stevie Gerrard leaves Rangers, Where would you expect them to go to get their next manager?

Below are the top 10 in the bookies (in order of favourite first)

Alex Neil
Derek McInnes
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Gary McAllister
Michael Beale
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
John Terry
Kjetil Knutsen
Slaven Bilic

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst would be the best choice? Won the Dutch league as a manager and an ex player also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

If Stevie Gerrard leaves Rangers, Where would you expect them to go to get their next manager?

Alex Neil
Derek McInnes
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Gary McAllister
Michael Beale
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
John Terry
Kjetil Knutsen
Slaven Bilic

Neil Lennon has had some success as a manager in Scotland.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: dec on November 10, 2021, 04:39:17 PM

Alex Neil
Derek McInnes
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Gary McAllister
Michael Beale
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
John Terry
Kjetil Knutsen
Slaven Bilic

Just goes to show how poor a choice Lennon was. Rangers list of 10 - all way better

Main Street

Villa relegation odds  7/2,  looking good.

straightred

Quote from: Main Street on November 10, 2021, 11:52:45 PM
Naw. Villa have a good squad and you can be sure he's been promised a big budget so I think he'll do ok.

Having said that I don't think he's any great shakes as a manager. He was one bad result away from being sacked and then covid arrived. He got lucky. They had ran out of patience with him and Celtic imploded. Appointing Lennon was quite possibly the worst mistake Celtic made in the last 20 years and Slippy was the chief beneficiary. Nothing like that will ever happen in England

clarshack

Quote from: straightred on November 11, 2021, 05:54:47 PM
Naw. Villa have a good squad and you can be sure he's been promised a big budget so I think he'll do ok.

Having said that I don't think he's any great shakes as a manager. He was one bad result away from being sacked and then covid arrived. He got lucky. They had ran out of patience with him and Celtic imploded. Appointing Lennon was quite possibly the worst mistake Celtic made in the last 20 years and Slippy was the chief beneficiary. Nothing like that will ever happen in England

Think Gerrard will do OK at Villa too. He made Rangers organised and hard to beat especially in Europe.
Ultimately he was brought in to stop the 10 and he did so he will always be seen as a success in Scotland.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 10, 2021, 09:23:08 PM

Alex Neil
Derek McInnes
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Gary McAllister
Michael Beale
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
John Terry
Kjetil Knutsen
Slaven Bilic

Just goes to show how poor a choice Lennon was. Rangers list of 10 - all way better

WTF? These names are not people being courted by Rangers, they are just the bookies early odds prob based on someone putting on a tenner! What reflection are bookies prices on NL? Rafa Benitez was favourite at one point for the Celtic job

screenexile

Must be tough for Scottish teams to lose all their talent to the bigger English clubs!

toby47

Quote from: StPatsAbu on November 11, 2021, 07:35:03 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 10, 2021, 09:23:08 PM

Alex Neil
Derek McInnes
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Gary McAllister
Michael Beale
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
John Terry
Kjetil Knutsen
Slaven Bilic

WTF? These names are not people being courted by Rangers, they are just the bookies early odds prob based on someone putting on a tenner! What reflection are bookies prices on NL? Rafa Benitez was favourite at one point for the Celtic job

Current top 10

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Derek McInnes
John Terry
Russell Martin
Frank Lampard
Alex Neil
Michael O'Neill
Duncan Ferguson
Diego Martinez
Callum Davison

ned

Main Street

Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2021, 07:01:50 PM

Think Gerrard will do OK at Villa too. He made Rangers organised and hard to beat especially in Europe.
Ultimately he was brought in to stop the 10 and he did so he will always be seen as a success in Scotland.
I'd expect Burnley and Newcastle to rise above Villa.
He stopped the ten not by virtue of his prowess but much more due to Celtic's self sabotage.
This season Rangers have been scraping many games by slender margins.

dublin7

Quote from: Main Street on November 12, 2021, 10:52:23 PM

He stopped the ten not by virtue of his prowess but much more due to Celtic's self sabotage.

Rangers were a shambles when he took over. He not only caught up with Celtic, but passed them out last season. He also had a great run in the Europa League with Rangers last year as well.

Moving to Villa is a step up to a bigger club and is his audition for the Liverpool job in future.

It'll be interesting to see who Rangers get to replace him. You'd have to make Celtic favorites for the league now

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on November 13, 2021, 07:10:33 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 12, 2021, 10:52:23 PM

Rangers were a shambles when he took over. He not only caught up with Celtic, but passed them out last season. He also had a great run in the Europa League with Rangers last year as well.

Moving to Villa is a step up to a bigger club and is his audition for the Liverpool job in future.

It'll be interesting to see who Rangers get to replace him. You'd have to make Celtic favorites for the league now

He gave Rangers a style of play but last season Celtic imploded completely