TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Ancharraig123 on November 18, 2021, 10:57:24 AM
Where is the best place to watch Kin?
I watched it in my living room but I'm sure you could watch it anywhere.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Can he watch it in your living room?

nrico2006

Quote from: toby47 on November 18, 2021, 10:50:18 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 16, 2021, 07:10:39 PM
Just discovered Line of Duty on Hulu...feck me great show. 3 seasons down so far

A clinker show, however be prepared for a bullsh*t ending

Its not over yet sure.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ancharraig123

I'd rather not.. he's from Laois

Louther

Another great week for Succession.

For such a tense scene. It was full of brilliant LOL moments.

But it just shows how dependent they are all on the Boss. Shiv who took the bull by the horns (albeit with her own agenda) yet was in firing line at end for doing so.

Was Logan pee'd cause she exceeded his expectations for doing so or cause it showed the show can go on without him?

Just a brilliant show.

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 18, 2021, 11:25:48 AM
Can he watch it in your living room?
I'd rather he didn't, he's from Tyrone.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Looking forward to this weeks Succession...which i havent seen yet

Not usually a Top Gear watcher but tipped in Sun night just in time to see the Eddie Kidd tribute. Tough watch but lovely viewing at the same time

JPGJOHNNYG

I enjoy many of the marvel films so I thought I would give Loki on Disney a go. I must say 2 episodes in and it's incredibly dull. Don't think I'll bother with anymore.

lurganblue

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 25, 2021, 12:18:08 PM
I enjoy many of the marvel films so I thought I would give Loki on Disney a go. I must say 2 episodes in and it's incredibly dull. Don't think I'll bother with anymore.

It's definitely a bit different.  MY wife enjoys all the marvel shows but she quit this after 1 episode.  I watched the rest with the kids.  It improves.  I did enjoy it.

themac_23

Anyone checked out the new series of Dexter? my Mrs never watched the original series so dont think she's any intention of checking this out but I loved the initial series but looks like il have to fly solo on it, worth a go?

nrico2006

Quote from: themac_23 on November 25, 2021, 12:38:27 PM
Anyone checked out the new series of Dexter? my Mrs never watched the original series so dont think she's any intention of checking this out but I loved the initial series but looks like il have to fly solo on it, worth a go?

Just ok so far to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

First episode very good though it has dropped off a wee bit(I just finished episode 3). I think it has potential though - you can see two or maybe three story lines brewing.

Silver hill

Did succession jump the shark this week possibly?
Getting a little to clever for its own good I think. The scene between Roman and the presidential candidate was showing off and full of riddles, parables, euphemisms and general shit patter/gibberish and general nonsense. Nobody talks like that, not even billionaire masters of the universe.
Generally still very watchable though in saying that.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: lurganblue on November 25, 2021, 12:27:48 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 25, 2021, 12:18:08 PM

It's definitely a bit different.  MY wife enjoys all the marvel shows but she quit this after 1 episode.  I watched the rest with the kids.  It improves.  I did enjoy it.

If you say it improves I may give it another episode or 2.  Cheers.

screenexile

Started watching the Beatles documentary.

Don't be expecting many fireworks it's mostly a few lads jamming and having discussions about songs they're trying to write.

There's something calming about it though and they all seem fairly dead on fellas I think I'll stick with it and get through it all.