Author Topic: TV Show recommendations  (Read 879899 times)

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
Re: TV Show recommendations
« Reply #7080 on: November 18, 2021, 01:46:32 PM »
Looking forward to this weeks Succession...which i havent seen yet

Not usually a Top Gear watcher but tipped in Sun night just in time to see the Eddie Kidd tribute. Tough watch but lovely viewing at the same time

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: November 25, 2021, 12:18:08 PM »
I enjoy many of the marvel films so I thought I would give Loki on Disney a go. I must say 2 episodes in and it's incredibly dull. Don't think I'll bother with anymore.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: November 25, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
I enjoy many of the marvel films so I thought I would give Loki on Disney a go. I must say 2 episodes in and it's incredibly dull. Don't think I'll bother with anymore.

It's definitely a bit different.  MY wife enjoys all the marvel shows but she quit this after 1 episode.  I watched the rest with the kids.  It improves.  I did enjoy it.

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: November 25, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »
Anyone checked out the new series of Dexter? my Mrs never watched the original series so dont think she's any intention of checking this out but I loved the initial series but looks like il have to fly solo on it, worth a go?

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: November 25, 2021, 12:39:53 PM »
Anyone checked out the new series of Dexter? my Mrs never watched the original series so dont think she's any intention of checking this out but I loved the initial series but looks like il have to fly solo on it, worth a go?

Just ok so far to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: November 25, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
First episode very good though it has dropped off a wee bit(I just finished episode 3). I think it has potential though - you can see two or maybe three story lines brewing.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: November 25, 2021, 03:05:40 PM »
Did succession jump the shark this week possibly?
Getting a little to clever for its own good I think. The scene between Roman and the presidential candidate was showing off and full of riddles, parables, euphemisms and general shit patter/gibberish and general nonsense. Nobody talks like that, not even billionaire masters of the universe.
Generally still very watchable though in saying that.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: November 25, 2021, 08:11:03 PM »

It's definitely a bit different.  MY wife enjoys all the marvel shows but she quit this after 1 episode.  I watched the rest with the kids.  It improves.  I did enjoy it.

If you say it improves I may give it another episode or 2.  Cheers.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: November 26, 2021, 10:46:15 PM »
Started watching the Beatles documentary.

Donít be expecting many fireworks itís mostly a few lads jamming and having discussions about songs theyíre trying to write.

Thereís something calming about it though and they all seem fairly dead on fellas I think Iíll stick with it and get through it all.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: November 26, 2021, 10:55:07 PM »
Started watching the Beatles documentary.

Donít be expecting many fireworks itís mostly a few lads jamming and having discussions about songs theyíre trying to write.

Thereís something calming about it though and they all seem fairly dead on fellas I think Iíll stick with it and get through it all.

8 hours of it? Looking forward to it, huge Beatles fan
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)