Trevor Brennan does a Cantona!

Started by GalwayBayBoy, January 21, 2007, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ulster/6285077.stm

Ulster protest over cup fighting 

Toulouse player Trevor Brennan clashed with Ulster fans
Ulster are to lodge a complaint with the organisers of the Heineken Cup following ugly scenes during their 28-13 defeat at Toulouse on Sunday.
Coach Mark McCall said the Irish province would be citing Toulouse player Trevor Brennan for allegedly striking Ulster lock Justin Harrison.

Both players were sin-binned but McCall insisted Brennan should have been given a straight red card.

Brennan could be in further trouble for clashing with Ulster fans.

Ulster chief executive Mike Reid is expected to make a statement on Sunday night.

Coach McCall confirmed: "We will be lodging a complaint against Trevor Brennan for what he did to our player.

"We are very lucky Justin has not got something seriously wrong with him."

Ulster lost the match 28-13, although both sides were already out of contention for a quarter-final place.

stephenite

Jesus - professional player assaults spectator - he'll get the book thrown at him for this surely

dodo

Mrs Spock was just about to be beamed outta there

AZOffaly

I'd love to know what was said by the fan.

youbetterbelieveit

deiseach

Outrageousdisgracefulshockingexamplekidsmightbewatchingsomeonemusttakeimmediateanddecisiveaction

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 21, 2007, 09:30:47 PM
I'd love to know what was said by the fan.

Check out the munster fans forum, AZ - there's plenty of discussion on there, a lot of it it has to be said is contradictory!

pintsofguinness

The fan will get no sympathy from me, bollocks probably deserved it.

whats the address to that rufus?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 21, 2007, 09:45:24 PM
The fan will get no sympathy from me, bollocks probably deserved it.

whats the address to that rufus?

Bit harsh there!!!
By the looks of it he gave him some dig, will get canned for sure!
Tbc....

pintsofguinness

I don't know what was said but I'm sure he didn't get it for sitting quietly. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dubh driocht

Trevor obviously doesn't believe in Santa. Bit rough all the same- there he was (he's named on the BBC story as Patrick Bamford)impressing the babe with his wit when TB strikes. Hope the BBC and Noel Thompson give the same prominence as GAA fracas.

muppet

Brennan is clearly way out of order.

Saying that think of Cantona and to a lesser extent Zidane. There is usually a little fire involved. Shouting ' your poetry is crap' or ' you're a has been' wasn't what set off the first two.

Ulster fans claim the chant was 'who are you'. That seems unlikely given that Alfie Thomas had to be restrained by officials from going into the same crowd.   
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

Apparently he was giving Trevor Brennan the verbals (about his pub or mother or both) and Trevor took the law into his own hands and chinned him.

I imagine Trevor is deservedly going to get a long ban for this given that he's no spring chicken it might even be the end of his career. Can't condone what he did but I don't have much sympathy for the Ulster supporter either. I hate mouthy pricks like that who think they can abuse a sportsman like that just because they know they can get away with it.

Square Ball

Quote from: dodo on January 21, 2007, 09:30:05 PM
Mrs Spock was just about to be beamed outta there

class one. Your man with the pint diddnt spill a drop
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Josey Whales

allegedly - he called brennan's mother a whore and started chanting it repeatedly. In fairness he'd have to say something fairly bad for Brennan to do that. And if that is what transpired- fair play Trev i'd have done the same. Gareth thomas also had to be restrained.