The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Eh.....one of the Democrats "unaccompanied minors" was actually 24 years old, and was released with a "notice to appear".  Guess what.....he just murdered someone! 

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2021, 06:05:11 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 04, 2021, 02:22:16 PM
Joe update: inflation through roof , wide open southern border, lack of products on shelves, crime through the roof , gas prices way up , falling asleep at  cop26, shitting his pants at Vatican other than that he's doing a great job .

the rantings of a simpleton
i forgot these :460k payment to illegal immigrants Separated at border , btw joe didn't know about this when asked he  said it was a lie Fox News are spreading.
Afghanistan withdrawal  disaster. Still Amercian citizens there .
Lying about mandates, actually he probably knew nothing about them either .
Still being on board with current administration is beyond being a simpleton at this stage .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 05, 2021, 07:59:58 PM
Joe update: inflation through roof , wide open southern border, lack of products on shelves, crime through the roof , gas prices way up , falling asleep at  cop26, shitting his pants at Vatican other than that he's doing a great job .

i forgot these :460k payment to illegal immigrants Separated at border , btw joe didn't know about this when asked he  said it was a lie Fox News are spreading.
Still being on board with current administration is beyond being a simpleton at this stage .

Assuming all you say is true (not a remotely safe assumption with you at any time), still by far the lesser of two evils.

Get back to us when your shower come to their senses with Trump, the conspiracy theories, the anti-intellectualism and the bigotry.

And those families who had their children stolen by Trump deserve every f**king penny they get.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 06, 2021, 11:29:29 AM

Assuming all you say is true (not a remotely safe assumption with you at any time), still by far the lesser of two evils.

Get back to us when your shower come to their senses with Trump, the conspiracy theories, the anti-intellectualism and the bigotry.

And those families who had their children stolen by Trump deserve every f**king penny they get.

Actually they don't

They knowingly broke the law and entered another country illegally knowing this policy was in place

RedHand88

The cages at the border were opened by Obama, not Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3413683001

What happens if you or I try to enter a country without the correct papers? Why should America be any different?

Gmac

for example the family of a soldier killed in action gets 100k
J70 the Democrats need Trump more than the gop , without him they have nothing only loony policies.
Hopefully desantis gets the nomination in 2024 and the Democrats run who ? Joe ? Kamala? Hillary ? He destroys all of them .

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2021, 03:01:13 PM

What happens if you or I try to enter a country without the correct papers? Why should America be any different?

Not talking about cages.

I'm talking about stealing toddlers and young kids from their parents, putting the parents into custody, then shipping those tiny kids across the country and ending up losing track of hundreds of their connections, unable to reunite them with their families.

I believe, if I remember correctly, you recently had a child yourself.

Put yourself in the shoes of those families as a parent or a tiny child.

It was one of the most disgusting, callous policies ever dreamed up and implemented by any administration in US history, and, by their own admission, purely to maximize the cruelty as a deterrent to others.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 06, 2021, 08:04:23 PM

for example the family of a soldier killed in action gets 100k
J70 the Democrats need Trump more than the gop , without him they have nothing only loony policies.
Hopefully desantis gets the nomination in 2024 and the Democrats run who ? Joe ? Kamala? Hillary ? He destroys all of them .

Payments to families of dead soldiers is a separate argument. If they're short-changed (and they should get paid an absolute fortune IMO), then increase.

But let's face it, if those numbers were reversed, the MAGA universe would still be having a fit. It's the principle, not the number.

Same fucks who were screaming about the Afghan helpers didn't want any of them granted asylum in the US.

And give me a break with the Dems needing Trump more. The GOP are all still bending over backwards to venerate and not offend the orange sc**bag, still going on about stopping the steal and afraid to admit Biden won fair and square.

I wish they'd do us all a favour and tell him to go f**k himself, even for someone like DeSantis, but there's little sign of that yet.

Fair enough that the Dems need to run on more than anti-Trump, as McAuliffe discovered, but it's ludicrous to deny that Trump hasn't got the GOP by the short and curlies. As long as their insane base still worships the filthy ground he walks on, the rest of us are unfortunately at serious risk of his sullying our lives again.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 06, 2021, 08:53:18 PM

Not talking about cages.

I'm talking about stealing toddlers and young kids from their parents, putting the parents into custody, then shipping those tiny kids across the country and ending up losing track of hundreds of their connections, unable to reunite them with their families.

It was one of the most disgusting, callous policies ever dreamed up and implemented by any administration in US history, and, by their own admission, purely to maximize the cruelty as a deterrent to others.

Huge percentage of those intercepted at the border had no documents

How do you know the people claiming to be their parents weren't just traffickers being paid to bring them across ?

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2021, 10:53:03 PM

Not talking about cages.

How do you know the people claiming to be their parents weren't just traffickers being paid to bring them across ?

There is no evidence that was their primary or even secondary concern.

This was stated blanket policy, a cruel, callous attempt to intimidate families from illegally crossing, including to seek asylum.

So beyond the pale that even a man like Trump had to give in and cancel it, at least visibly.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 07, 2021, 08:34:59 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2021, 10:53:03 PM

Not talking about cages.

There is no evidence that was their primary or even secondary concern.

This was stated blanket policy, a cruel, callous attempt to intimidate families from illegally crossing, including to seek asylum.

So beyond the pale that even a man like Trump had to give in and cancel it, at least visibly.

Must be great to live in lala land

https://www.cbp.gov/frontline/border-crisis-cbp-fights-child-exploitation

J70

As you say yourself whitey, believe what you want.

John Kelly

Are you in favor of this new move announced by the attorney general early this week that if you cross the border illegally even if you're a mother with your children [we're going] to arrest you? We're going to prosecute you, we're going to send your kids to a juvenile shelter?
The name of the game to a large degree. Let me step back and tell you that the vast majority of the people that move illegally into United States are not bad people. They're not criminals. They're not MS-13. Some of them are not. But they're also not people that would easily assimilate into the United States into our modern society. They're overwhelmingly rural people in the countries they come from – fourth, fifth, sixth grade educations are kind of the norm. They don't speak English, obviously that's a big thing. They don't speak English. They don't integrate well, they don't have skills. They're not bad people. They're coming here for a reason. And I sympathize with the reason. But the laws are the laws. But a big name of the game is deterrence.

Family separation stands as a pretty tough deterrent.
It could be a tough deterrent — would be a tough deterrent. A much faster turnaround on asylum seekers.

Even though people say that's cruel and heartless to take a mother away from her children?
I wouldn't put it quite that way. The children will be taken care of — put into foster care or whatever. But the big point is they elected to come illegally into the United States and this is a technique that no one hopes will be used extensively or for very long.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/11/610116389/transcript-white-house-chief-of-staff-john-kellys-interview-with-npr

DHS memo
In a memorandum that outlines the proposal and was obtained by The Washington Post, officials say that threatening adults with criminal charges and prison time would be the "most effective" way to reverse the steadily rising number of attempted crossings. Most parents now caught crossing the border illegally with their children are quickly released to await civil deportation hearings.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/top-homeland-security-officials-urge-criminal-prosecution-of-parents-who-cross-border-with-children/2018/04/26/a0bdcee0-4964-11e8-8b5a-3b1697adcc2a_story.html

Stephen Miller
"No nation can have the policy that whole classes of people are immune from immigration law or enforcement," he said during an interview in his West Wing office this past week. "It was a simple decision by the administration to have a zero tolerance policy for illegal entry, period. The message is that no one is exempt from immigration law."

Trump backing down
(So much for his concern about child trafficking)
We're going to keep families together but we still have to maintain toughness or our country will be overrun by people, by crime, by all of the things that we don't stand for and that we don't want,"

Same story says 13 GOP Senators wrote a letter to him urging him to end the policy.

His vacuous plank daughter took to Twitter to thank him.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/20/621798823/speaker-ryan-plans-immigration-votes-amid-doubts-that-bills-can-pass

Justice Dept IG report says Sessions was the driving force
"We concluded that the Department's single-minded focus on increasing immigration prosecutions came at the expense of careful and appropriate consideration of the impact of family unit prosecutions and child separations," the report states.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/14/sessions-family-separation-policy-459423

Kelly blames Sessions too...
"What happened was Jeff Sessions, he was the one that instituted the zero-tolerance process on the border that resulted in both people being detained and the family separation,"
https://www.businessinsider.com/john-kelly-says-jeff-sessions-is-responsible-for-family-separation-policy-2018-12

But he later said it was "unfortunate" that the families could not be reunited quickly. Didn't regret the separation policy though.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-families/former-trump-attorney-general-sessions-regrets-migrant-family-separations-idUSKBN2AV10R

whitey

Believe what?

People were presenting themselves at the border with no verifiable identification-that's a fact!

Are we just to supposed to assume that everyone is telling the truth in terms of who they are and what their relationship is to the people they are traveling with?

Maybe you could put this "unaccompanied minor" up on your spare bedroom?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/11/04/illegal-immigrant-who-posed-as-minor-while-crossing-border-charged-with-murder/amp/

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2021, 02:34:11 PM
Believe what?

People were presenting themselves at the border with no verifiable identification-that's a fact!

Are we just to supposed to assume that everyone is telling the truth in terms of who they are and what their relationship is to the people they are traveling with?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/11/04/illegal-immigrant-who-posed-as-minor-while-crossing-border-charged-with-murder/amp/

Then you do what you need to do to investigate. Same as was done before and, presumably, since Trump folded.

Your default blanket "zero tolerance" policy should NOT be to rip terrified kids out of their distraught parents arms and ship them off who the f**k knows where in the hopes of intimidating all others who might also try to cross.

Holding a supposedly 17 year old unaccompanied illegal immigrant you're not sure about is a hell of distance from stealing young kids and babies from their parents.

Honestly, I'm amazed that you, who nitpicks and assumes the very worst of anything the media or Dems ever do, are trying to defend a barbaric policy like this.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2021, 02:56:12 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2021, 02:34:11 PM
Believe what?

Then you do what you need to do to investigate. Same as was done before and, presumably, since Trump folded.

Your default blanket "zero tolerance" policy should NOT be to rip terrified kids out of their distraught parents arms and ship them off who the f**k knows where in the hopes of intimidating all others who might also try to cross.

Holding a supposedly 17 year old unaccompanied illegal immigrant you're not sure about is a hell of distance from stealing young kids and babies from their parents.

Honestly, I'm amazed that you, who nitpicks and assumes the very worst of anything the media or Dems ever do, are trying to defend a barbaric policy like this.

We share an indirect land border with hundreds of millions of people living in extreme poverty

An argument could be made that every single one of them would qualify for asylum

Arriving with children almost guarantees entry-that only encourages more people to come

Add in the fact that we cannot verify the identities of the vast majority of these people