Who will be the surprize package?

Started by The Claw, May 08, 2007, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

There is always some team that seems to punch above its weight in the championship, who will it be this year?
Possibilities:
Louth, Westmeath, Monaghan, Clare?

realredhandfan

Id love to see Monaghan go well again, and I always had a soft spot for the wee county. 

gander

I can see Cavan having a decent enough year,  Monaghan as well.

The Claw

As in once they get knocked out of Ulster? or can ye see them doing well in Ulster itself

uselessfootballer

I reckon that Down are due a few breaks this year.
By one route or another I think they will get to the quarter-finals (at least)

Spiritof98

Cavan, purely for the Grimley factor. Has to be the best coach in football.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would love Down, Monaghan and Louth to have a good wee run.

Have a feeling that Derry are going to be the big disappointment this year in Ulster!
Tbc....

gander

Quote from: The Claw on May 08, 2007, 11:47:06 AM
As in once they get knocked out of Ulster? or can ye see them doing well in Ulster itself

In the qualifiers, dont think they're at the level of Armagh or Tyrone at the minute but should go a fair distance in the qualifiers.

The Bottom Brick

QuoteWho will be the surprize package?

I give up
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

tbrick18

Being a Derry man I have to agree that I think we will once again flatter to decieve.
Especially without the 2 Bradleys and Kevin McGuckian.

I just think we still havent got the management right.

As for surprize package...dont see any of the "weaker" Ulster teams doing any better than a possible quarter final through the qualifiers.
I do think Cork are up and coming and with the U21 side winning that's bound to give the seniors a lift.

Orior

Tyrone will be the surprise package, loosing to Fermanagh in the Ulster and Meath in the back door.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

blanketattack

Cork to get to the final.
Meath to be the surprise package.

thebandit

Monaghan to make the Ulster final....

Hardy

cavanmaniac

Louth for me too, and possibly Kildare, although they're not exactly minnows or anything.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Sligo caught a few teams with their pants down as well.

1. Louth
2. Kildare
3. Sligo.