Ticket sellers....

Started by RedHand88, May 09, 2024, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Does anyone else think its getting ridiculous? We've had our 3rd knock at the door in a week. 5th in a few months. It feels like every club in the country is selling £20 tickets for a raffle at the minute.

Do people buy every ticket that comes to the door? Do they hide under the stairs?

Ticket sellers on here... what's the success rate like?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 09, 2024, 08:23:59 PMDoes anyone else think its getting ridiculous? We've had our 3rd knock at the door in a week. 5th in a few months. It feels like every club in the country is selling £20 tickets for a raffle at the minute.

Do people buy every ticket that comes to the door? Do they hide under the stairs?

Ticket sellers on here... what's the success rate like?
And you can't say you've no cash in the house anymore as the hoors have card machines now!

Milltown Row2

Just tell them your mums not home at the minute, call back later
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

markl121

Had boys there yesterday selling, they reckon they have 400k gathered up so far. Surely not?

marty34

I remember the day of the £100 ticket.  :)

marty34

Quote from: markl121 on May 09, 2024, 09:22:47 PMHad boys there yesterday selling, they reckon they have 400k gathered up so far. Surely not?

Some work in that.  Fair play.

They must be at it a while and a good few teams of sellers out. These things are well organised.

quit yo jibbajabba

Literally got message ten mins ago they're in our area lol rarely refuse but gona try avoid tonight sorry chaps

general_lee

Had lads from Portglenone knock the door once. I remember I hadn't enough  cash on hand, your man said he'd pay the difference. This was before bringing card machines was a thing, it sticks out because it was a Saturday evening and I was waiting on a lift from a mate. I thought fair fucks for going round doors in another town in another county!

Jim Bob

There's a club in my area and the ticket selling has been going on and on without any clear date when the draw is to take place. Keeps being put back and back.
This should not be allowed to happen !

imtommygunn

Was there not a law passed down south where these won't be allowed to happen any more?

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 09, 2024, 09:46:58 PMThere's a club in my area and the ticket selling has been going on and on without any clear date when the draw is to take place. Keeps being put back and back.
This should not be allowed to happen !

I assume because they haven't sold enough to break even and then to make a decent profit
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

thewobbler

I honestly would love a rule passed somehow somewhere that sellers cannot cross county lines.

Newry Shamrocks, Burren, Mayobridge etc are fundraising, and I'm happy to support it. But a club from e.g Derry? What in holy f**k are they doing taking GAA money out of Down?

AustinPowers

I've bought my share  of tickets . I'm currently waiting on two draws coming up

But, maybe I'm being a bit  cynical here but I often wonder is  my ticket  even going into the drum for the top prize?  I mean, who really knows? Maybe  they just put in the local names  to keep the money in the locality , and chuck the outsiders  into the bin.

I mean, who's to  know you're really in there?

PS. I once won one of the £100 prizes a  few years ago  in  a club draw in a neighbouring county , so I'm assuming  I'm just being paranoid about the whole thing.

Or am I? Hmmm... I dunno.

Dougal Maguire

I find it hard to turn anyone away particularly if they've travelled a long distance. I remember one dark wet winter Sunday night a few years ago a couple of boys from magherafelt landed at my door with tickets. I took them in and made them tea. One of them told me in the course of the conversation that he worked in the civil service in Belfast and had done a half days overtime that morning. Now that's dedication to your club
Careful now

screenexile

It's a military exercise now I've heard of clubs mapping out housing estates and hitting an area 2-3 times to make sure they get everyone.

An Antrim club appeared 3 nights in Ballinascreen the week before last... they've been raving about how well they've been received. To be fair our people would be good at supporting any GAA draw and we get plenty of visitors because of that.

I know you feel bad not buying but we're all grown men and women if we don't want to buy a ticket we don't have to!!