Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2019, 06:32:48 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 24, 2019, 06:30:31 PM
Quote from: GJL on November 24, 2019, 06:06:56 PM
Boom,! ;D
Lol
lol indeed.

Indeed. 2-0 down playing shite and then score 3 goals. Then concede to draw. Happy enough with that to be honest.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Helix.

Quote from: GJL on November 24, 2019, 06:49:15 PM
Boom,! ;D
Lol
lol indeed.

Indeed. 2-0 down playing shite and then score 3 goals. Then concede to draw. Happy enough with that to be honest.

Played for about 20 minutes in the game. Very little to be happy about. Only for de gea in first half it would have been worse. Would have been absolute robbery if we won today.

Farrandeelin

I wasn't expecting Utd to win or draw before the game started. But to concede a late goal to lose 2 points is shocking.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on November 24, 2019, 06:38:02 PM
I hate VAR almost as much as I hate Armagh people traffickers!!

Or Tyronies forcing dogs to fight to the death.

GJL

Quote from: Helix. on November 24, 2019, 08:15:47 PM
Boom,! ;D
Lol
lol indeed.

Played for about 20 minutes in the game. Very little to be happy about. Only for de gea in first half it would have been worse. Would have been absolute robbery if we won today.

Plenty to be positive about. Came back into the game from 2-0 down when previously probably would have lost by more. Also the 3 young goal scorers are academy players. The come back should build belief.

Boycey

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 24, 2019, 08:19:22 PM
I wasn't expecting Utd to win or draw before the game started. But to concede a late goal to lose 2 points is shocking.

United are raw with few leaders on the field presently, things like that are gonna happen. Regardless of whether Ole is up to the job I'd be heartened by the spirit shown to get back in the game cause for the first 70 minutes they were completely outplayed

Worth remembering the 3 goalscorers were 18, 19 and 22

Cunny Funt

A great opportunity to finish the weekend in 5th wasted.  The fightback and scoring 3 goals against a team that has one of the best defensive records this season is at least a few positives to take out of that game.

Tactics, line up,formation allowed the home side to control the game for 60 minutes and lead 2-0, Jones,Pereira so weak on those goals. The subs made, changes of tactics and formation allowed Man United to take a 2-3 lead.  The late leveler should not have stood, ball was controlled with the arm before he scored. Either way Uniteds defending for that goal was truly awful. 

Aaron Boone

Chris Smalling doing ok at Roma by all accounts. He scored the opening goal today in a 3-0 win over Brescia.

thewobbler

Quote from: Boycey on November 24, 2019, 09:01:34 PM

United are raw with few leaders on the field presently, things like that are gonna happen. Regardless of whether Ole is up to the job I'd be heartened by the spirit shown to get back in the game cause for the first 70 minutes they were completely outplayed

It's always good for the soul to seek out positives. There'll be three dozen or more lads aged 22 and under score in the EPL this season. Doesn't make them to play for Man Utd.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on November 24, 2019, 09:01:34 PM

That's the spirit! Just don't look at the league table  ;D

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on November 24, 2019, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: Helix. on November 24, 2019, 08:15:47 PM
Boom,! ;D
Lol
lol indeed.

Plenty to be positive about. Came back into the game from 2-0 down when previously probably would have lost by more. Also the 3 young goal scorers are academy players. The come back should build belief.
Lol
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Look-Up!

Unfortunately for Utd fans that game is typical of their performances at the moment. They have undoubted quality in their squad and for 10 minutes in that game when they got a run on Sheffield they looked like they could score for fun. But the rest of the time they were abysmal. I thought if they had kept going after the 3rd goal they would have won 4-2.
Midfield was terrible. And no one to hold the ball up front. Jones a target for opposition tactics. Fair play to Sheffield, they played great stuff and out-muscled them for long spells but they are essentially a championship outfit and shouldn't be able to knock the ball around like RM against a club like Utd. McTominay and Pogba will improve things and I think there are big performances in them and they should be well up for the City/Spurs matches coming up and may well pick up points, but I just cannot see where the consistency will come from.
January transfer window should see some improvements but I think the wrong man is at the helm. The performance against Liverpool, the 10 minute spell yesterday, these are only papering over the cracks IMO and prolonging the inevitable. There is a very good manager available at the moment with no buy out fee. He has interest from abroad and Arsenal and Everton will probably be on the look out soon. It's worth at least considering. After that who are the other options if they decide to limp on till summer?

magpie seanie

Hardly ever on here. Lol.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Look-Up! on November 25, 2019, 04:10:11 PM
Unfortunately for Utd fans that game is typical of their performances at the moment. They have undoubted quality in their squad and for 10 minutes in that game when they got a run on Sheffield they looked like they could score for fun. But the rest of the time they were abysmal. I thought if they had kept going after the 3rd goal they would have won 4-2.
Midfield was terrible. And no one to hold the ball up front. Jones a target for opposition tactics. Fair play to Sheffield, they played great stuff and out-muscled them for long spells but they are essentially a championship outfit and shouldn't be able to knock the ball around like RM against a club like Utd. McTominay and Pogba will improve things and I think there are big performances in them and they should be well up for the City/Spurs matches coming up and may well pick up points, but I just cannot see where the consistency will come from.
January transfer window should see some improvements but I think the wrong man is at the helm. The performance against Liverpool, the 10 minute spell yesterday, these are only papering over the cracks IMO and prolonging the inevitable. There is a very good manager available at the moment with no buy out fee. He has interest from abroad and Arsenal and Everton will probably be on the look out soon. It's worth at least considering. After that who are the other options if they decide to limp on till summer?

Ya but when they sat back I was fearful that the equaliser was coming. The VAR decision was close but probably right for that goal but it's absolutely inexplicable how the first goal wasn't disallowed. You can say Jones is crap, Jones was weak etc but he was fouled. Overall though United were really bad for 70 minutes and should be happy with a draw after that. When things were going bad I was delighted to see how pissed off Maguire was. Thought James again was a real positive. Martial seemed to be in one of his sulky moods. McTominay is now a huge loss when he's not there.

I'm hoping for reinforcements in January but not holding my breath.