Meath's demise

Started by agorm, July 10, 2016, 11:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Are you taking the piss?

See the Derry vs Meath thread. It's all in there.

We've said plenty on the matter over the last 5 or more years. Do we need to repeat it all over again in here?

It'll be another 4-5 years before we see Meath win a major title at the earliest is my guess. Till then i don't feel like handwringing and naval gazing about it every year.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2016, 10:43:38 AM
Are you taking the piss?

We've said plenty on the matter over the last 5 or more years. Do we need to repeat it all over again in here?

It'll be another 4-5 years before we see Meath win a major title at the earliest is my guess. Till then i don't feel like handwringing and naval gazing about it every year.

Tyrone Tyrone Tyrone. . . they can't even come into a topic that has nothing to do with them and relate it to themselves in some way. Tyrone weren't even playing over the weekend yet they're crying the if O'Shea were from Tyrone he'd be getting worse treatment and now if Tyrone were going through the tough patch Meath are the Meath lads would be sticking the boot in.

Lads please try and remember not EVERYTHING is about you!!!

My own opinion is if McEntee gets the job Meath will be back challenging within the next 4/5 years. From what I've heard he is a shrewd operator!

seafoid

Quote from: rrhf on July 11, 2016, 07:51:11 AM
where are the comments of hardy, juice and jinxy. Perhaps these guys are typical of the wider malaise in Meath. If this were Tyrone in demise they'd have plenty to say. Sad to see

The rot has been iterating for at least a decade. Tyrone would be no different after such a long period of mediocrity.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Are you taking the piss?

Most puzzling aspect for me is that outside of Dublin and possible Kildare, the population of Meath has most likely increased the most of the other counties in Ireland over the past twenty years.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: screenexile on July 11, 2016, 11:10:53 AM
Are you taking the piss?

Tyrone Tyrone Tyrone. . . they can't even come into a topic that has nothing to do with them and relate it to themselves in some way. Tyrone weren't even playing over the weekend yet they're crying the if O'Shea were from Tyrone he'd be getting worse treatment and now if Tyrone were going through the tough patch Meath are the Meath lads would be sticking the boot in.

Lads please try and remember not EVERYTHING is about you!!!

My own opinion is if McEntee gets the job Meath will be back challenging within the next 4/5 years. From what I've heard he is a shrewd operator!

Sure you may as well go ahead and keep the fire going. You've managed to talk more about them in one post than was in the rest of the thread previous to that.

Fuzzman

I thought that too Ogra.
A lot of posters from counties with not much to discuss seem to turn to sum us poor Tymoanies.

skeog

Bernally Flynn talks some Sh... ,Mick o Dowd got some slating tonight from him easy on sideline looking in.

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 11, 2016, 08:30:57 PM
I thought that too Ogra.
A lot of posters from counties with not much to discuss seem to turn to sum us poor Tymoanies.

Oh we've plenty to discuss lad a second Ulster Minor Final in a row and a decent victory over the weekend  ;D ;D

ck

According to Bernard Flynn Meath haven't just not made progress but they have gone back under Mick O'Dowd.

What's the story lads? Meath just not producing the players?

seafoid

Quote from: ck on July 11, 2016, 11:56:44 PM
According to Bernard Flynn Meath haven't just not made progress but they have gone back under Mick O'Dowd.

30 years ago if you drove into a petrol station in Meath it would be small and carry a small range of items including baling twine.
Now they have big spaceships that  sell Sauvignon blanc to women who aren't producing many footballers even with a bigger population. Something got lost in the transition.

T Fearon

Is this thread not at least ten years too late?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on July 12, 2016, 06:21:42 AM
Is this thread not at least ten years too late?
It is special offer if you  buy it with armagh

Croí na hÉireann

The club scene is not what it was and the dual players have being increasing recently. Long may it continue.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 12, 2016, 09:52:08 AM

The club scene is not what it was and the dual players have being increasing recently. Long may it continue.
This was the end of the ancien regime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgUW2WAfHM4

twohands!!!

Key stat - ninth consecutive championship game where Meath were outscored by the opposition.

The last team they outscored the opposition in the second half of a championship game was Carlow in 2014 - that was the game where Carlow managed 0-6

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/the-stat-which-proves-how-far-meath-football-has-fallen-in-the-last-decade/339532