Started by trailer, September 09, 2022, 09:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching the Coronation of King Charles III

Yes
No
Who is King Charles?
What about Diana the People's Princess?

Captain Obvious

The main highlights for those that missed it.

https://youtu.be/bv7f-oyXIRs

armaghniac

It has been a long time since there was a Coronation before, but it is still less than since Mayo won the All Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The palace confirmed the disease, which is not prostate cancer, was discovered while he was being treated in hospital for an enlarged prostate.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Sportacus

Well, hope he makes a good recovery. Can't think of a family untouched.

Capt Pat

I said at the time we wouldn't be waiting 70 years for another coronation. I didn't think it would be this quick.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 05, 2024, 11:39:51 PMI said at the time we wouldn't be waiting 70 years for another coronation. I didn't think it would be this quick.

Bit early to say. Although it's interesting that they haven't yet revealed what type of cancer it is. I wonder why.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 05, 2024, 11:44:26 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 05, 2024, 11:39:51 PMI said at the time we wouldn't be waiting 70 years for another coronation. I didn't think it would be this quick.

Bit early to say. Although it's interesting that they haven't yet revealed what type of cancer it is. I wonder why.

Probably because people would be straight to Google to see what the average survival rate is.
If its something that was noticed during a prostate exam but is not prostate exam id guess its some sort of colorectal cancer.

Dougal Maguire

Well in fairness you wouldn't need to be Russell Grant to make a prediction like that given that he was over 74 when he was crowned😂
Careful now

trailer

Wishing King Charles all the best. Wealth nor creed is any protection from cancer.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on February 06, 2024, 10:12:02 AMWishing King Charles all the best. Wealth nor creed is any protection from cancer.

It isn't but he'll be on no waiting list for Chemo, that's for sure.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on February 06, 2024, 10:12:02 AMWishing King Charles all the best. Wealth nor creed is any protection from cancer.

I am no royalist and no supporter of him but I am a supporter of people fighting cancer - my father's fight was unsuccessful sadly. I hope he beats it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 06, 2024, 10:30:36 AM

It isn't but he'll be on no waiting list for Chemo, that's for sure.

To be fair, both my dad and sister didn't wait either, and that was at the height of Covid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

I'm no royalist, but Cancer diagnosis is devastating to anyone and to any family.
On a personal level, I hope its a successful outcome.

Ball Hopper

Wouldn't be a royalist either, but I hope cancer patients everywhere can summon the strength to fight this disease that has no limit in its reach. 

Odd that it might get the family talking again, but it's strange how things happen.

There have been huge strides in recent years/decades with regard to various treatments and early detection, but plenty more to do.

I wish him and all cancer sufferers (including family members) all the best for the future.

Four and a half years almost since my diagnosis and I'm not quite back to normal yet.  Another 18 months of tests/scans and colonoscopy before I'm discharged as a cancer patient and return to "regular" screening.

Time for anyone overdue a check-up to start making that appointment...it can strike anyone.