County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: the goal was on on December 23, 2020, 02:01:57 PM
Dublin maybe paid Cullen 50 grand but he runs the whole show. Johnny D was apparently on that in Tyrone to look after the seniors only and now Same in Monaghan. That's why it's using the money smartly that makes the difference

I doubt Cullen left Leinster rugby for 50 grand.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Angelo

Quote from: Tubberman on December 23, 2020, 02:13:51 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on December 23, 2020, 02:01:57 PM
Dublin maybe paid Cullen 50 grand but he runs the whole show. Johnny D was apparently on that in Tyrone to look after the seniors only and now Same in Monaghan. That's why it's using the money smartly that makes the difference

I doubt Cullen left Leinster rugby for 50 grand.

Not a hope.

Donnelly had a full time role with Tyrone working in a similar capacity to Cullen with Dublin. Tyrone couldn't compete with what Ulster were offering, in fact I think Donnelly had walked temporarily at one point with Tyrone due to pay disputes.

I'd say Leinster rugby pay a lot better than Ulster rugby, they have a bigger budget. And yet Dublin are able to snare Cullen away from Leinster rugby.

€€€€€€€
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

rodney trotter

The Cavan S/C coach Andre Quinn was with London Irish before joining Cavan last year. He's employed full time to look after development Squads and Senior team

A few counties have full time S/C coaches

reillycavan

Ronan McCarthy staying on with Cork.

Angelo

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 23, 2020, 05:55:21 PM
The Cavan S/C coach Andre Quinn was with London Irish before joining Cavan last year. He's employed full time to look after development Squads and Senior team

A few counties have full time S/C coaches

Cavan had Peter Donnelly in that role before too.

I don't know a lot about rugby but I'd imagine London Irish have nowhere near the budget of Leinster rugby. Quinn is also a Down native I have found so it's likely he would liked to have relocated closer to home and enjoy a much less demanding cost of living, so it's quite possible he was happy to forego a fair chunk of his salary too.

None of these circumstances were in place when Dublin enticed Cullen over to them. Both jobs were Dublin based so he had no reason to forego a salary and it's worth noting that Leinster are one of the biggest rugby teams in Europe so it's surprising how Dublin can entice a guy to swap a similar role with a professional set up. Must be serious €€€€€ on offer from Dublin.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

rodney trotter

Hardly that surprising when a global brand like AIG sponsor Dublin. Cullen was probaly eager to get involved with Dublin given that he'd an ex player.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 31, 2020, 05:57:16 PM
Hardly that surprising when a global brand like AIG sponsor Dublin. Cullen was probaly eager to get involved with Dublin given that he'd an ex player.

Ex captain.. it's a no brainier in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 31, 2020, 05:57:16 PM
I'm sure he's just another hard working Volunteer!

Happy 2021 to most GAAboarders. It has to be better than 2020 but will be a few more months before that happens.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 12, 2020, 02:24:32 PM
Sligo now have a vacancy as well.

Paul Taylor appointed manager of Kilmore, a Intermediate Roscommon club team.

Blowitupref

Steven Poacher has joined the Roscommon Senior Football coaching team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 13, 2021, 11:28:38 PM

The mouth from the South (Down).

reillycavan

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 13, 2021, 11:28:38 PM

All in the love of the game.

GetOverTheBar

I take it he's gone from Bryansford?

Blowitupref

Maurice Sheridan in the new Mayo U20 manager.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose