The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

But she's crooked, and a liar, and kills people . . . you can't be coming on here giving out facts, don't you realise that elections are won by name calling and pretending you'll be good great at something which you literally have no experience of??!!

stew

Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2016, 03:24:52 PM
Quote from: stew on July 26, 2016, 03:14:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
Looked up some of the emails there:

One guy joking about an EA's name - LaQueenia. Insensitive for sure, and dumb to put in writing in this day and age, but hardly an indictment of the DNC and Democratic Party. It's not like the person was spouting racist bile. Hardly the first time someone has joked about black use of non- traditional names. I say fair f**ks to them, given their history, but sometimes the names are unusual and people do a double-take and joke.

Another joked "I love you. No homo". Again, dumb and insensitive and something we've all probably done in our time, joked that our friend was gay. It's inappropriate any more as there is no excuse for casual demeaning of homosexuality any more. But again, a stupid joke by a single person. Does this mean that the DNC is full of homophobes and the party the anti- LBTG party, all actual evidence to the contrary?

On Bernie being a Jew or an atheist - the implication was that those Southern folks might be more receptive to a Jew than an atheist. Which is completely true!

Are you going to bat for us atheist types stew? Are you outraged on our behalf?

Downplaying issues, typical liberal bullshit!

What exactly is bullshit stew?

Details...

Your excuses for the bigots you yourself posted on and downplayed their bigotry.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2016, 03:45:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2016, 03:24:52 PM
Quote from: stew on July 26, 2016, 03:14:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
Looked up some of the emails there:

One guy joking about an EA's name - LaQueenia. Insensitive for sure, and dumb to put in writing in this day and age, but hardly an indictment of the DNC and Democratic Party. It's not like the person was spouting racist bile. Hardly the first time someone has joked about black use of non- traditional names. I say fair f**ks to them, given their history, but sometimes the names are unusual and people do a double-take and joke.

Another joked "I love you. No homo". Again, dumb and insensitive and something we've all probably done in our time, joked that our friend was gay. It's inappropriate any more as there is no excuse for casual demeaning of homosexuality any more. But again, a stupid joke by a single person. Does this mean that the DNC is full of homophobes and the party the anti- LBTG party, all actual evidence to the contrary?

On Bernie being a Jew or an atheist - the implication was that those Southern folks might be more receptive to a Jew than an atheist. Which is completely true!

Are you going to bat for us atheist types stew? Are you outraged on our behalf?

Downplaying issues, typical liberal bullshit!

What exactly is bullshit stew?

Details...

Your excuses for the bigots you yourself posted on and downplayed their bigotry.

How are my excuses bullshit?

Have you ever joked that a friend is a "homo" or gay? I'd safely say most of us have?

Have you raised an eyebrow at an African American name?

These individuals may well be bigots. A couple of inappropriate non-PC jokes doesn't prove it, however.

And, when it comes down to it, they're not working for the party which is anti-gay and has sought over the past fifty years to exploit working class white fear and hostility to minorities.

And even if these individuals ARE bigots, THAT is not reflected in the party platform or the policies and causes for which the party fights.

seafoid

I think Stew is right. Both candidates are odious. I remember reading the US press in 2000 when Nader ran. The Dems were bought by Wall St. The rich have never owned more
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: seafoid on July 26, 2016, 06:09:31 PM
I think Stew is right. Both candidates are odious. I remember reading the US press in 2000 when Nader ran. The Dems were bought by Wall St. The rich have never owned more

How the Clintons get their cash. Irish connection with Dennis OBrien as well. Great documentary.
https://youtu.be/7LYRUOd_QoM

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gmac

Hillary looking good in a red kind of doctor evil top

DrinkingHarp

As a registered voter for the Democratic Party let me speak for some of the Democrats:

I did not get the opportunity to see the speeches tonight 7/26/16

Is Hillary tough to take as a canditate-yes!!

Would I have preferred Bernie-YES!!

Do I feel better having Hillary than Trump-YES!!

Do I feel the GOP (Trump) would hurt the US-Yes!!

It comes down to, myself, to have the lesser of two evils ( I feel that any second relation candidate should not be afforded to run - Bush Sr. and his kid, Clinton and his wife...........independent candidates should be ahead of any legacy).

Do I believe Hillary caused 4 people to die in Benghazi......NO!!   There was many layers between her and the citizens who lost their life. This coming from a soldier who served in the 101st Aviation Division.

I would feel better as a vet to have Hillary than Trump leading the US to a more unified policy and world security policy in the matters involving security world-wide and policy overall.

Am I reperesenting only Irish responses or feelings to this election- No!!  But the majority of Irish and foreign born vets of the US Military that I have spoken to feeel the same way. About 65/35% favoring democrat to republican in this presidential race.

All statistics based on Midwestern information.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

seafoid

Clinton is a control freak who puts secrecy over honesty. Her biggest flaw is Wall St groupthink. The US needs someone like Cody to sort things out. It is senior hurling.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

I don't know what's bigger. The meltdown the GOP is going through, or the meltdown Stew is going through.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 27, 2016, 06:39:12 AM
I don't know what's bigger. The meltdown the GOP is going through, or the meltdown Stew is going through.

No meltdown here kid, I am simply disgusted by your hero and trump.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on July 27, 2016, 09:19:15 AM

Very emotional last night stew I'm sure it pulled at the heartstrings and showed that Hillary's human after all.

The Democratic convention is is only 2 days old and it's already knocked the f**k out of that shit show the Republicans produced last week. Intelligent and informed speakers who aren't fumbling in the dark has made a huge difference hopefully it gives Hillary the bump she deserves and knocks Trump on his ass!!

stew

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on July 27, 2016, 04:45:10 AM
As a registered voter for the Democratic Party let me speak for some of the Democrats:

I did not get the opportunity to see the speeches tonight 7/26/16

Is Hillary tough to take as a canditate-yes!!

Would I have preferred Bernie-YES!!

Do I feel better having Hillary than Trump-YES!!

Do I feel the GOP (Trump) would hurt the US-Yes!!

It comes down to, myself, to have the lesser of two evils ( I feel that any second relation candidate should not be afforded to run - Bush Sr. and his kid, Clinton and his wife...........independent candidates should be ahead of any legacy).

Do I believe Hillary caused 4 people to die in Benghazi......NO!!   There was many layers between her and the citizens who lost their life. This coming from a soldier who served in the 101st Aviation Division.

I would feel better as a vet to have Hillary than Trump leading the US to a more unified policy and world security policy in the matters involving security world-wide and policy overall.

Am I reperesenting only Irish responses or feelings to this election- No!!  But the majority of Irish and foreign born vets of the US Military that I have spoken to feeel the same way. About 65/35% favoring democrat to republican in this presidential race.

All statistics based on Midwestern information.

Clinton was contacted over 300 times by the ambassador begging for help, she ignored his plea's, she lied to the families of the four dead men and she has blood on her hands.

stew

Quote from: screenexile on July 27, 2016, 10:06:10 AM
Quote from: stew on July 27, 2016, 09:19:15 AM

Very emotional last night stew I'm sure it pulled at the heartstrings and showed that Hillary's human after all.

The Democratic convention is is only 2 days old and it's already knocked the f**k out of that shit show the Republicans produced last week. Intelligent and informed speakers who aren't fumbling in the dark has made a huge difference hopefully it gives Hillary the bump she deserves and knocks Trump on his ass!!

Are you f**king serious?

They parade the mothers of dead black men up on stage who were killed by cops, that's fine but they forgot that most of them had long rap sheets, I kept waiting for some balance and thought I might see the family of one dead cop up there for I don't know, balance maybe, not a sign.

Members walking out en masse after the roll call,bubba meeting a girl in 1971, it is a shit show befitting the corrupt party to the left.