Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Special result by Longford. That still is an incredible Dublin u21 team and Longford held their nerve when everyone expected them to be little more than a speed bump. A lot those Longford players won a Leinster minor title in 2010 and they have to fancy their chances at adding an u21 Leinster to their Hasting Cup.

It's blown the entire AI race wide open and there will be a group of teams now looking at themselves and having no doubts that they can win a Celtic Cross this year. Some run of form for Hasting Cup teams recently.

Walter Cronc

Apologies for my ignorance lads but what is the Hastings cup??

The Insider

Hasting's cup is run by the Longford Co board with 6 counties this year from 3 provinces, Cavan Roscommon , Leitrim , Offaly , Wicklow and ourselves . Run every January , both Cavan and Roscommon have benifited from it it over the last few year's as they found a huge help in their quest for provincial honours . We won it this year beating both the Rossies and Cavan on the way, although we stole the final at the death from Cavan who were probably thinking where they would be celebrating win

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2013, 09:10:36 PM
I got odds of 11/1 on Longford to win. cheers paddy power and thanks to our neighbours the larries.

Were they not 6/1 - I follow Lone shark on twitter and in fairness he highlighted this value yesterday but quoted powers at 6s
#newbridgeornowhere

Denn Forever

The Hastings Cup is an U21 competion for teams in the BMW region.

This years runners and riders.

2013 U21 HASTINGS CUP TOURNAMENT

Rd. 1 - 5th January 2013

Group 1                                               Group 2
Roscommon V Longford                        Leitrim V Cavan                 
Wicklow a Bye                                      Offaly a Bye

Rd. 2 - 12th January 2013

Longford V Wicklow                              Cavan V Offaly
Roscommon a Bye                                Leitrim a Bye

Rd. 3 - 19th January 2013

Wicklow V Roscommon                        Offaly V Leitrim
Longford a Bye                                      Cavan a Bye

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Wickla were a new addition to the Hastings Cup this year, Westmeath played in the Hastings Cup in its time

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 06, 2013, 09:30:59 PM
I got odds of 11/1 on Longford to win. cheers paddy power and thanks to our neighbours the larries.

Were they not 6/1 - I follow Lone shark on twitter and in fairness he highlighted this value yesterday but quoted powers at 6s

They were but when Dublin scored their goal against the run of play i popped 10 euro on Longford to win at 11/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Walter Cronc

randomtask

Could you give the link to that twitter account please.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2013, 09:36:29 PM

They were but when Dublin scored their goal against the run of play i popped 10 euro on Longford to win at 11/1

Nice - I hadn't the conviction to take the 6/1
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: randomtask on March 06, 2013, 09:47:01 PM

Could you give the link to that twitter account please.

@lonesharkoy
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 06, 2013, 08:52:43 PM
Kildare 2-15
Meath 1-9

Full time.

Long overdue win for Kildare at this level. Senior panelists to the fore. Kelly, Flynn and Fogarty in particular.

Any win over Meath  is a good win, also good to see the new prototypes don't have too many bugs.
#newbridgeornowhere

Qwerty28

Absolutelyy buzzing after our historic win over the Dubs!  ;D

Not the greatest of matches by any stretch of the imagination but Longford so well organised and committed defensively, if a little too negative at times. Held on at the end when previously we would have been caught or shot ourselves in the foot!

Might only be a Leinster quarter final but any win against the Dubs on their home patch has to be acknowledged and savoured. Great travelling support as well it must be added, matching if not bettering the home supporters!

Longfort abu!!!

Jinxy

Some win for the Larries!
Can't wait for the next video from the Longford Nevins.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Longford should have no problems beating Wexford in the semi final anyway if last night is a true indicator. Atrocious football from both teams in poor conditions in Mullingar. Persnickety ref was giving ridiculous frees for both sides and Wexford must have neared double figures for the amount of them they put wide. Put a fair few wide ourselves. He also sent off Kelvin Reilly, which was the greatest carriage of misjustice since the Guildford 4, for having the audacity to try and defend himself from someone jumping on top of him. Wasn't even a yellow.

That said, Westmeath dug their own grave. They were caught out numerous times trying to handpass the ball out from the full back line and Wexford got the majority of their scores this way. At least they rallied in extra time when Reilly got the line and started to sort their heads out. Then with 30 seconds left and them two points up they got a free in the full back line. Instead of launching it they decided to stick with the tactic that was costing them all night. And sure enough Wexford managed to dispossess them in the f**king square of all places and pulled on the loose ball, which dribbled into the net. Just rewards for a very poorly prepared Westmeath team, no one involved can hold their heads high this morning, woeful altogether.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...