Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Quote from: rrhf on April 29, 2015, 07:07:40 PM
Most clubs would see it as an honour to host their county team.
Yeah but it's a pity we have nowhere central that all the county teams could use to train. If we could raise the money to build such a place I hope they build the main building so that it looks like a T from the sky. I think that would be cool
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

redzone

have u been up at garvaghy? its actually very well laid out.both the building and the pitches.i wonder how much they made by hiring the pitches out, it was fully booked there all along for a few months.to many people knock the tyrone setup which is one the best run county boards about, both financially and playing wise

time ticking away

Quote from: redzone on April 29, 2015, 10:13:13 PM
have u been up at garvaghy? its actually very well laid out.both the building and the pitches.i wonder how much they made by hiring the pitches out, it was fully booked there all along for a few months.to many people knock the tyrone setup which is one the best run county boards about, both financially and playing wise
Well saying as you asked...
The gym at garvaghy is not fit for purpose,
There is no sports hall at the venue (Tyrone seniors go to a sports hall in Cookstown for fitness testing)
Tyrone hurlers turned up to train on the Wednesday of the 1st round of the under 21 Ulster championship and the caretaker didn't even bother to hang around to turn the lights on for them.
The site is possibly the windiest place in Tyrone.
But sure you keep telling us how well laid out the place is and how much money it is generating and the clubs will continue to pay for its upkeep and the county team will continue to look for alternative venues to train

longballin

Garvaghy was an ill conceived ego trip

GlenMan

Quote from: time ticking away on April 29, 2015, 10:40:45 PM
Well saying as you asked...
The gym at garvaghy is not fit for purpose,
There is no sports hall at the venue (Tyrone seniors go to a sports hall in Cookstown for fitness testing)
Tyrone hurlers turned up to train on the Wednesday of the 1st round of the under 21 Ulster championship and the caretaker didn't even bother to hang around to turn the lights on for them.
The site is possibly the windiest place in Tyrone.
But sure you keep telling us how well laid out the place is and how much money it is generating and the clubs will continue to pay for its upkeep and the county team will continue to look for alternative venues to train

Let's face it. Garvaghey is a badly designed building. Because it's in a 'T', there is so much wasted space that can't be used for anything e.g. the excess space in the foyer, the poor gym, changing rooms being on the wrong side of the building. So many problems that shouldn't have occurred.

Wait 10-15 years for the trees around the perimeter to grow high and reduce some of that wind.

youhavenofans

Know for a fact that the pitches in garvaghy were been reseeded there a wile ago ahead of the summer months (like most club pitches are being also seeded around this time)

HOWEVER, im not 100% sure if this is for the reason of them not training there, they have defo trained in drumragh a few times over last month

redzone

the gym is fit for purpose. there is a second weight room which not many know about
agree on a sports hall,im sure that is on the agenda
no lights for the hurlers-sums up the attiude to hurling in the county,nobody cares about it
changing rooms are spacious and ideally set at the back of the building with each having there own entrance meaning the main bulding can be locked up early.if there were at the front there would be nothing but grass and dirt all around the place
maxi was/is training the gaels in garvaghy and u couldn't have him snooping about when tyrone are training.also im sure u would get fed up going to the same place every night so good call to train in diferent grounds in the build upto Donegal game.minors u21s seniors all have had a lot of sessions done in garvaghy already this year.it is a success and so are tyrone.

Mikhailov

Quote from: redzone on April 30, 2015, 06:35:21 PM

the gym is fit for purpose. there is a second weight room which not many know about
no lights for the hurlers-sums up the attiude to hurling in the county,nobody cares about it
changing rooms are spacious and ideally set at the back of the building with each having there own entrance meaning the main bulding can be locked up early.if there were at the front there would be nothing but grass and dirt all around the place
maxi was/is training the gaels in garvaghy and u couldn't have him snooping about when tyrone are training.also im sure u would get fed up going to the same place every night so good call to train in diferent grounds in the build upto Donegal game.minors u21s seniors all have had a lot of sessions done in garvaghy already this year.it is a success and so are tyrone.

He is training which team?

By the way IMO Garvaghy is not good enough for purpose.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

time ticking away

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 30, 2015, 06:53:55 PM
Quote from: redzone on April 30, 2015, 06:35:21 PM

He is training which team?

By the way IMO Garvaghy is not good enough for purpose.
I know it's not a good idea to assume but I assume redzone means maxi curran. If that is a correct assumption then redzone is wrong again. Curran trains St Eunans not the gaels (whoever they are), but sure when most of the post is wrong why should he get that bit right.

redzone

sorry eunans.its half way for there dublin based players.was multi taskin whilst typing lol.listen nothing wrong with my post sure how can a opion be wrong or right.anyway good luck to the lads sat

Norf Tyrone

I've heard that Maxi is training Eunans in Garvaghey too.

Anyhow, has anyone a squad picture of the 2001 U21 All Ireland winners?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Sorry Nrico.

Thanks but I meant 91. Doh.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

macca123

What is everyone's thoughts on what the line up will be this weekend?