Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on September 22, 2018, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 22, 2018, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 22, 2018, 04:13:56 PM
ODs more scarred than hardened by Div 2 at that rate though must have been as big a tanking as they have taken all season. Eamon Fyfe back in the Glenravel side?

No Fyfe from what I saw. O'Dees 3 sent off inside 60secs.

Did they do the Willie John McBride 99 call?

Couldn't stop punching and slabbering

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2018, 10:31:41 PM
Credit to St Galls, we simply had no answer to them today. They stamped their authority on the game early and didn't stop. Their football was classy...a reminder from some of their stalwarts why they were one of the best teams in the country just a few years ago. Credit where it's due they were too good for us when it mattered.
Casement's were possibly a bit unlucky in the concession of two of the goals but failing to cope with the threat posed by MP was their undoing.....he scored 2-07.....leaves 1-04 for the rest and he did set up the third goal.

Where was MR2......he has been quiet.

JimStynes

imtommygunn

Not like him to be off the internet!

bannside

Depressing weekend for those genuinly interested in seeing our county football team flourish. Stars of the weekend included Mick Mc Cann, Michael Magill, Justin Crozier, Mickey Pollock, Aodhan Gallagher, Sean Kelly, with honourable mentions to Paddy Cunningham, Tomas Mc Cann ( who was quiet but nailed on a few scores when the chips were down) Colm Brady and Andy Mc Clean.

None available to/for Lenny for all sorts of reasons. And an average age of 34 between them!

Minder

Quote from: bannside on September 23, 2018, 08:08:16 PM
Depressing weekend for those genuinly interested in seeing our county football team flourish. Stars of the weekend included Mick Mc Cann, Michael Magill, Justin Crozier, Mickey Pollock, Aodhan Gallagher, Sean Kelly, with honourable mentions to Paddy Cunningham, Tomas Mc Cann ( who was quiet but nailed on a few scores when the chips were down) Colm Brady and Andy Mc Clean.

None available to/for Lenny for all sorts of reasons. And an average age of 34 between them!

Would say your last line is the reason they aren't available
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Belfast GAA man

I couldn't work out why cargin were clear favorites v champs LD and tonight's result showed there's not much between the teams. R LD not getting credit for winning it last year or is Damien Cassidy seen as a class manager....

breakingball

Cargin were in control at half time. 2 goals outa nowhere got Lámh Dhearg into a winning position but couldn't see it out.

quote author=Belfast GAA man link=topic=21.msg1850293#msg1850293 date=1537732014]
I couldn't work out why cargin were clear favorites v champs LD and tonight's result showed there's not much between the teams. R LD not getting credit for winning it last year or is Damien Cassidy seen as a class manager....
[/quote]

Hectic

Yeah thought Cargin should have powered on in second half but full credit to LD for getting back in and nearly snatching ot. Replay could go either way. Great finish by the ever green Paddy Cunningham.

bannside

On reflection I could easily add Kevin Niblock and Ciaran Close to that group too. Quite frankly from a county perspective I'd have much preferred to see a dozen stand out performances from 24 year olds.

IMO Mick and Magill were standout today and Sean Kelly and Mickey Pollock yesterday. Apologies I didn't get to the two other QF's.

To be fair I liked Eoin Mc Keown and Eoghan Mc Cabe too, and Pearse Fitzsimons is definitely county standard too if he can be enticed into the fold. Creggans midfielder Conor Mc Cann should be getting a phone call too.

breakingball

Thank god bannside isn't county manager 😜

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 23, 2018, 08:46:54 PM

Sure will be easy money in the replay....if the Lamhs can find somebody other than PC to score....he had 2-01 from play..five pointed frees and the rest of the team shared 0-01
Cargin had ten from play.....2 from frees (40 and 50 yards) and 1 '45'.
Cargin, over the 60 MNS plus had just those two frees awarded over the half way line......superb LD rear guard actions 8)

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 23, 2018, 04:35:30 PM
Not like him to be off the internet!

I would say he's been advised to refrain from posting about specific games (only)  to be fair to him it might compromise his position in relation to officiating games and he would deserve a shot at the business end depending on how results go.......

ciaran1988

Any reason why the St Endas game was moved to Wednesday and now to Friday evening?

paddyjohn

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 24, 2018, 09:17:23 AM
Any reason why the St Endas game was moved to Wednesday and now to Friday evening?

Soccer I heard.  ;)