Hard done by players

Started by thewobbler, August 01, 2008, 11:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I see Sean O'Sullivan has been dropped by Kerry yet again for the weekend.

Any time I've seen this fella play, he has done well. He has that rare combination of an eye for a score, an eye for a pass, and a great work ethic.

I know Kerry have a surplus of fine forwards, but I reckon he most be some sort of a fall guy down there. Even if not, he is one hard done by footballer.

Who else fits in this category?

orangeman

Quote from: thewobbler on August 01, 2008, 11:23:04 AM
I see Sean O'Sullivan has been dropped by Kerry yet again for the weekend.

Any time I've seen this fella play, he has done well. He has that rare combination of an eye for a score, an eye for a pass, and a great work ethic.

I know Kerry have a surplus of fine forwards, but I reckon he most be some sort of a fall guy down there. Even if not, he is one hard done by footballer.

Who else fits in this category?

Baiscally anyone who doesn't make the 1st 15 as in their minds, they are good enough and better than the lads that are selected !  ;)

Uladh

Another Kerry man - the wee fella who for seemingly 5/6 years would start corner forward and score heavily through the league before being dropped for the championship - Declan Quill i think?

Will Hunting

BerfArmagh

glenullinabu

T Fearon

Philly Loughran seemed to disappear from the Armagh scene abruptly. Remember he played midfield in the AI FInal in 2003. Anyone know the story with this one?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: T Fearon on August 01, 2008, 12:02:08 PM
Philly Loughran seemed to disappear from the Armagh scene abruptly. Remember he played midfield in the AI FInal in 2003. Anyone know the story with this one?

don't know T maybe you should write a letter to the county board in you impeccable handwriting and i'm sure you get the answer ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

I thought he started wing half forward ???

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: full back on August 01, 2008, 12:36:55 PM

see i told ye tony didnt know his footy. This was deemed as one of the reasons whay Armagh lost the game, changing a player who had played midfield all along to wing half forward just for that game...Tony?

loughshore lad

Quote from: full back on August 01, 2008, 12:36:55 PM

Correct.

corn02

billy the kid

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 01, 2008, 12:27:18 PM

don't know T maybe you should write a letter to the county board in you impeccable handwriting and i'm sure you get the answer ;)

Maybe a letter to Dromintee would be more helpful.

Never rated him that highly he is just a very big strong man with limited football ability and he got loads of chances with Armagh to nail down a spot and bar 2003 when he had a good season he always looked out of his depth IMO 
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Yes I Would

Antrim Hurling goalkeeper!!