If you keep getting beaten by bad luck then you probably aren't good enough.

Started by thewobbler, July 31, 2011, 01:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 31, 2011, 11:21:10 AM
Quote from: thejuice on July 31, 2011, 10:32:24 AM
Mayo Meath
There, I well and truly fixed that for ya. ;D
...dont think Mayo have ever 'fixed' Meath !!  :D
reckon that spectre will be hanging around until this generation are long gone judging by the comments from my Mayo pals and the lads on here !!

mckieran

one looks at kildare in the last few years and it just cant be coincidence that they are always 'in hard luck'

Dinny Breen

You could reverse that and say if you with luck then you probably are good enough..

Benny Coulter Goal
Alan Smith point
Bernard Brogan Free
Tom O'Connor Goal

If those decisions had gone Kildare's way and they won would they have been good enough?

Graham Geraghty Goal
Enda Muldoon goal

They went our way and we were deemed good enough.

Sport is about fine margins and luck will always play a part from refereeing decisions, to the bounce of ball, to weather conditions, some teams are good enough to ensure luck isn't a factor alas some like Kildare aren't and when they need lady luck the bitch is off shagging some other fecker behind our backs....
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

I always believe that the luck evens out in the long run.
Kildare have been given a few decisions and been robbed by a few others.
Against Derry for example the breaking ball being fisted down blindly by Derry midfielders sat week ago was ALWAYS finding a kildare man despite the variation of angles the ball would richochet off at.
Yesterday those ricochets were finding Donegal men all the time.
there is always going to be that wee bit you cannt control with skill or technique.
thats luck and thats sport.

tbrick18

Luck or not....refereeing has been awful this year with way too many wrong decisions by refs have a major impact on the result of a game.
Derry v Donega, Derry v Kildare, Kildare v Dublin. These have nothing to do with luck, just inept referees. With so many of these decisions being made, you almost need to plan to allow yourself a deficit of 3 points I think before a game even starts to take account of ref mistakes. Of course in some games it goes your way....but it's just not good enough.

Gold

The ref's decision to overrule the umpire yesterday was farsical.

It's just too much coupled with the dublin decision, geraghty, muldoon and wexford last week--it's making a farce out of our game because in reality kildare won yesterday.

The commentator was saying yesterday that kildare spent the winter doing ju jitsu to keep fit--i just thought what a waste of time considering the high chance that some jumped up wee traffic warden would probably do for them in the championship s eventually happned kildare--as it did last yr with Benny Coulter's farsical goal
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."