Are we all cheering for England today?

Started by thewobbler, December 02, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

The host for World Cup 2018 is being decided today.

Come on Ingerland!

screenexile

Yeah I think we have to. If Ireland get in it would be one of the greatest sessions of all time!

paco

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: paco on December 02, 2010, 10:21:40 AM
When will the decision be announced?
3pm I think. England making their pitch at minute...www.BBC.co.uk have a ongoing commented of today's outcome. Would really like them to get it. If Ireland managed to qualify it would be brilliant. Kilbane due to win his 237th cap at it.

HiMucker

Im Putin my money on Russia to win the bid

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Donkeywalloper

The Panarama show and the crowd violence last night are ample excuses for those want an excuse to vote elsewhere.

Mario

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on December 02, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
The Panarama show and the crowd violence last night are ample excuses for those want an excuse to vote elsewhere.

The could look at the racism in Spanish football, i'm sure there is also plenty dodgy about Russian football.

Hardy

The world cup is hard to ignore as it is. The world cup next door would be nearly impossible. Nearly.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on December 02, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
i'm sure the votes were decided a long time ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11893886

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hardy on December 02, 2010, 10:50:19 AM
The world cup is hard to ignore as it is. The world cup next door would be nearly impossible. Nearly.
Then embrace it, Hardy.

Donkeywalloper

First choice vote may be decided, however it may go to 3 or 4 votes. This is when the real bargaining will take place.

Heard Barry Davies interviewed and said that Jack Warner holds the decisive votes for England to succeed. Without him they are fecked.

Orior

A person in my office posed the question yesterday  "do you think we'll get the World Cup?"

The person is from Bushmills in County Antrim.

I bit my tongue. Ouch!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thejuice

Olympics and the World Cup in the same decade, I don't think England needs it as badly as other places.

Russia would be interesting.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Olly

This is a great opportunity for Ireland it advertise itself after the recent blip in the money stakes. They should set stalls outside English grounds at the matches promoting the likes of the Arran Islands, the Blasket Islands, the Mournes, the Sperrins, Carantoohil, the lakes of Kilarney, the Burren, the hills of Donegal, Lisdoonvarna, Milltown Malby, Longford, the Glens of Antrim, Oliver Plunkett's head, the GPO, Lourdes, Knock, Mount Mellary, Kildare plains and racecourses, Tara, Navan fort, the planetarium in Armagh, the Ulster American Folk and Transport parks, the aquarium in Portaferry, Portrush, Kinsale flight of earls, Mayo mountains, Ulysses Grant homestead, Ardboe cross, Keady and Dublin etc and places like that, turf, soda, poteen, diesel, animals, humour, homophobia, the church, leprechauns, trolls, banshees, etc etc.

Give out rocks for children to suck on.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".