I'd vote for Sammy Wilson

Started by thewobbler, October 23, 2010, 12:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

DUP or not, it's becomg more obvious Sammy Wilson has more sense than the rest of Stormont put together.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-11612513 
is his latest outburst of sense.

pintsofguinness

He's right on that one alright.

The public sector was a gravy train, it had to come to a dramatic halt sometime.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Zapatista

Sammy seems to forget that just because he is elected doesn't mean he isn't answerable to the electorate. Through the Unions workers air their voice as they don't have a direct line to lobby the minister. Ignore them if you want but you can't silence them as Sammy would have seen in the past.

thewobbler

Zap, don't you find it refreshing when a politician tells it as it is? Would you prefer he sent out mystery press releases, designed to minimise impact on
potetntial voters?

Sammy strikes me as someone who is sick of hiding behind the truth.

ziggysego

For everything sensible he says, is counteracted by three that's well Sammyism.

Environment Minister that didn't believe in the green house effect immediately springs to mind.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: thewobbler on October 23, 2010, 12:35:12 PM
Zap, don't you find it refreshing when a politician tells it as it is? Would you prefer he sent out mystery press releases, designed to minimise impact on
potetntial voters?

Sammy strikes me as someone who is sick of hiding behind the truth.

I do but it doesn't change the fact that workers have a right to protest and lobby through the Unions every bit as much as any other organised group from Enviroment groups to the Orange Order. The Unions should protest or Sammy and the like would never know their concerns as Sammy's only concerns are about Republicans and Eveloutionists.

MW

Presuming you mean evolutionists...aren't you confusing him with other DUP figures?

Can't say I recal much from Wilson on that.