Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2017, 11:03:00 PM
Tyrone over prepared for this game, peaked too soon?

Been missing you Main St where have you been on the Tyrone threads.

ONeill

Couple of things:

The atmopshere. It has completely changed because of the expected style of play. After the ball is thrown in, the crowd sorta sit back like it's the Crucible in Sheffield to watch the unfolding chess game. You could hear the players shout instructions. This time, though, Tyrone broke holes in the 45m stranglehold by simply running through it.

Secondly, Donegal are fooked. They're caught between the McGuinness era, the Gallagher system (whatever that is) and the misuse of Murphy who plays as a quarter back. What a waste.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

McGinley pulled off some great saves but it drives me mad when a player shoots high in a one on one position. Cavanagh and Brennan should have slid their attempts along the ground. If we can start burying a higher percentage of our goal chances then I think we really have a genuine chance at an AI.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2017, 11:39:40 PM
McGinley pulled off some great scores but it drives me mad when a player shoots high in a one on one position. Cavanagh and Brennan should have slid their attempts along the ground. If we can start burying a higher percentage of our goal chances then I think we really have a genuine chance at an AI.

Cavanagh should have slipped his one to Sludden who had an empty net to pop it into.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on June 18, 2017, 11:22:30 PM
Couple of things:

The atmopshere. It has completely changed because of the expected style of play. After the ball is thrown in, the crowd sorta sit back like it's the Crucible in Sheffield to watch the unfolding chess game. You could hear the players shout instructions. This time, though, Tyrone broke holes in the 45m stranglehold by simply running through it.

Secondly, Donegal are fooked. They're caught between the McGuinness era, the Gallagher system (whatever that is) and the misuse of Murphy who plays as a quarter back. What a waste.

Couldn't figure out why Donegal didn't put Murphy at FF for second half. What was there to lose? It was almost as if it is seen as a manager having no plan to do that. Kerry aren't afraid to hoof it into Donaghy if required.

mrdeeds

McGinley pulled off some great scores but it drives me mad when a player shoots high in a one on one position. Cavanagh and Brennan should have slid their attempts along the ground. If we can start burying a higher percentage of our goal chances then I think we really have a genuine chance at an AI.

Annoys me when a commentator makes a standard save into an act of phyics defiance.

omagh_gael

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 18, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

Annoys me when a commentator makes a standard save into an act of phyics defiance.

Haven't seen Brennan's on TV yet but Sean's effort was straight at McGinley. Poor effort, tbh.

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2017, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: Aughafad on June 18, 2017, 09:56:49 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
Great day out and an excellent performance by Tyrone. Does anybody know if the championship on BBC is available on iPlayer during the week? The wife turned off the plug to sky box and didn't record the game!!
Yeah, it'll be available after midnight tonight

Good man, divorce was on the cards when I got home!

Surprised no one has mentioned it but imo the winning of the game was our press on the Donegal kick outs in the 2nd quarter. I was in Pat Mc Grane on 30 yard line and we really put serious pressure on McGinley. We then destroyed them on break ball and our shooting was phenomenal. Don't think I've ever seen us go that full on with the press.

Really looking forward to seeing Petey Harte's point in first half were he threw two pretty outrageous dummies, iirc, before sending it over with the weaker right foot.

Several people, including myself, were commenting here on the kick outs at half time.

It's been a big weakness for Donegal since Durcan and Big Neil left the team in 2015. And it's why Donegal went short last year.

Anyone playing us from here on in should know what to do. Murphy can't do EVERYTHING by himself.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 18, 2017, 05:16:48 PM
Colm Cavanagh delivered a masterclass today.

Great performance but Donegal threw the towel in when Tyrone got on top so not an awful lot can be read from that.

He did indeed. That man would burst a blood vessel trying to get a finger tip on the ball. A very brave player who would go in to tackles where people wouldn't throw their hat.

So many outstanding performances from Tyrone today. However the next day it starts off at zero zero. They will have to hit the rest button again.

They're will be some competition for places. Must say when Tyrone open up they are beautiful to watch.

Advice to Tyrone Gaels make sure Micky Hartes tea is made with water with a high PH level and eats nothing but organic food. He's some man to have. 8)

T Fearon

Too much being read into Tyrone simply having an excellent day.But if Mc Hugh had scored the goal earlier on,it would have been a different story.It was just a freak,one of those days everything goes right for one team,nothing goes right for their opponents.

omagh_gael

We'll implement Mickey's healthy eating routine straight away. As for Tony, great to see you supplement the apples based diet with plenty of bitter citrus. We wouldn't want you going too soft on the red arses now! ;)

ned

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 18, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

You can almost hear the commentators brain kicking into reverse when he sees the replay! But nah, I'll just keep with my original wrong analysis.
On the shooting, Monaghan's McManus is brilliant in those one on one situations. Always seems to go low.

Taylor

Head red as a berry today but well worth it after watching a masterclass by Mickey.

Atmosphere wasnt great but think that was because it was so one sided after first 10/15mins.

We are not clinical enough when going for goals. If there is a man over then he should get it. End of story. Fix this and we will be in CP in Sep.

Say it quietly but Murphy could be finished.

vallankumous

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 18, 2017, 09:50:48 PM
Why does Thomas Kane/Niblock say Hampshey for Hampsey. Whass that about hi

It's the influence of Irish where the 'se' sound is 'sh'. Not uncommon.