Galway vs Dublin - All Ireland Semi Final - 11/8/2018

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 06, 2018, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Very soft goal given away by Galway when they have got themselves right back into this game.

manfromdelmonte

Wildweasel74

Dublin still not the team of old though! That flashy forward line of Flynn; Connolly and Brogan subs or not there; while they always have a weak spot at full bck without O 'Carroll

trileacman

Did anyone else hear Dolan saying "very much so" there 5 mins ago. It sent a shiver down my spine.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Schkite

Galway are going for it a bit more than in other games, which is good to see and they've got some joy out of it. But they're more open in defence as a result. Although they're winning, Dublin still don't look fully at it today, if they were they'd punish Galway more.

Schkite

Quote from: trileacman on August 11, 2018, 05:30:37 PM
Did anyone else hear Dolan saying "very much so" there 5 mins ago. It sent a shiver down my spine.

If he mentions malice at all then I'm muting him for good

Jinxy

Shane Walsh should use his pace and go direct.
He'll either draw a free or get a scoring chance.
He's one on one all the time.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

How much space can a team get? Criminal that lads who train all year are not fit enough to mark their fecking man! Do they see their man run free and think, 'sure paddy will pick him up'?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cjx

Dublin 3rd man tackling going un punished got them 4 point  diff (-2 + 2)

Jinxy

Take Sean Armstrong off for his own sake.
Nightmare.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2018, 05:34:59 PM
How much space can a team get? Criminal that lads who train all year are not fit enough to mark their fecking man! Do they see their man run free and think, 'sure paddy will pick him up'?
Zonal marking

tippabu

Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2018, 05:37:13 PM
Nightmare.

No chance he'll see the 2nd half

Only 2 points in it, everything still to play for but it still just seems like a strange match and atmosphere...doesn't feel like an all or nothing semi final. It's just going through the motions or am I being harsh?

tippabu

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2018, 05:38:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2018, 05:37:13 PM
Nightmare.
If he comes out in the 2nd half I'm sending an anonymous letter to Walsh.

Haha

Blowitupref

HT Dublin 1-9 Galway 1-7. Better side leading but Galway had their chances to lead at the break and might rue those misses yet.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Schkite

Strange sort of a game. The soft goal for Galway then a brutal penalty. A couple of times I thought Dublin would kick on a bit but Galway seem to just about stay in touch.

Dublin are sloppy enough and don't seem to be at it at all today, but I'd still fancy them to pull clear in the last 20 minutes or so.